Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are you also investing in Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apple survived for well over a decade on just a few percent of the computer market by offering a premium product that a core group of people found worth the extra money. I'm sure you can't directly compare selling computers to cars but I think the principal is the same. As long as Tesla can get enough people excited to buy their premium product until prices come down overall, they will do well.

Isn't it wierd how many analysts and bloggers write articles with different approach and wording where the main theme is always the same: "look at the basic financial figures and stay clear of Tesla: all costs and loans, low revenue and certainly no positive ernings. Insted, buy Ford og GM who have shown solid positive earns for x number of years"??? Guys, this is a start-up! It's not supposed to make money for a while but we're really getting close to a point where they are about to start making money. All the negative values in the finances are not money spent and certainly not wasted, instead it's money invested in the factory, robots, machinery etc. but first and foremost research and development that has led to a position of marked leader in EV's. (The way I see it currently is Tesla is in first place, there is no company in second or third and then comes Nissan in fourth place).

So the way I see it is unless Tesla seriously screws up with the Model S (sefety issues, quality issues) which is unlikely since this is not their first car but they have proven with the Roadster (even if it is in a smaller scale) that they can deliver and actual car that runs great for years with happy customers and unless one of the competition has something extremely huge up their sleeve that has been hidden from the world (highly unlikely) I don't see how they can fail. My 2 cents.

Last edited:
Could not agree with you more. Out of all the ICE companies I think Ford would be the one with a card up it's sleeve. Did they not get one of those EV loans? Not sure. Also Henry Ford started with electrics and his great grandson may view that as just one more reason to do it right this time round.

Alle the big car companies (US, German, Japanese) will be heavily into the pure EV market within 5 years and this i good news for Tesla!

To the contrary, I would welcome it. The biggest structural risk for Tesla is that EVs remain a niche market with poor public infrastructure. Tesla has a great technology suite and solid contractual relationships with two majors. The more majors that enter the EV business seriously, the more EVs become mainstream, infrastructure follows, and people feel comfortable buying EVs. I'm confident that Tesla's cars will hold their own against Ford or GM products, provided consumers are willing to buy EVs.

No, I agree. I would welcome any EVs that Ford or GM could pump out. But I would prefer quality cars because otherwise, they just give EVs a bad name. Sorry, but the Spark and Focus Electric are CRAP!!!

550,000 per year was mentioned as the nominal capacity, I think.

I'm with you guys. I'd like the Tesla factory to produce 500,000 units per year. However, plants rarely operate at 100% capacity. If Tesla's biggest problem is whether to run the plant at 100% capacity or open a second location, that's a good problem to have. And those of us long TSLA will be happy.

The way I see it currently is Tesla is in first place, there is no company in second or third and then comes Nissan in fourth place.

BMW is certainly up there, with their own tech. Toyota/Daimler are using TSLA, and Honda still has their head filled with so much Hydrogen so no one can hear their ultrasonic pitched voices. Shame. Imagine if the new NSX was an EV...

I sold half my position, the long term part, at 34.60 today to lock in a nice profit. My suspicion is little to no news from now till S launch so I expect some buying opportunities along the way.
Yea, except for the following:
- Crash test final results
- Q1 earnings call
- Design studio released
- Finalized interior released
- First fully automated manufactured car completed
- Any potential powertrain deal announcements

But, aside from those, should be really quiet util July :tongue:

- Q1 earnings call
- Design studio released

- Supercharger network announced (including photos of alien artifacts ;))
- also someone said there will be more factory tour(s)

- Q1 earnings call
- Design studio released

Crash tests will only significantly affect the stock if they are negative, which means buying opportunity.
Q1 earnings should be pretty dull and not look all that impressive, which means buying opportunity, unless there is a big power train announcement.
Design studio won't move the stock.
Interior won't move the stock.
First manufactured car is a ways away.
Power train deal announcements could indeed cause the stock to go up. I admit it's a bit of a risk but I think there may be some significant dips along the way. If not then I missed out, but I'm still long with my other half.