Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are you in PA, and have you been able to order yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those in SE PA or Philly area, have you gotten any paint protection installed? If so, where and around how much? TIA

I picked my baby back up from Berardi's in West Chester today. Mike and his guys did an awesome job. I got paint correction and ceramic coating done.

This photo is reflection.
IMG_20180711_171420.jpg

He posted a video on FB.

Berardi's Detailing and Auto Customs

Reactions: ezevphl
For those in SE PA or Philly area, have you gotten any paint protection installed? If so, where and around how much? TIA
I'm picking up my car tommorow and will report it back. I had PPF on front and back bumpers and Ceramic coating entire car. Unfortunately it was done on Long Island where I have family and was able to borrow a car to use in the mean time. I'll post photos and thoughts!

Since I'm getting a handful of PM inquiries, I will post some more pics. Berardi's also has them and a video on their FB.

Attachments

• IMG_8050.jpg
    IMG_8050.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_8046.jpg
    IMG_8046.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_8045.jpg
    IMG_8045.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_8043.jpg
    IMG_8043.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_8042.jpg
    IMG_8042.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_8041.jpg
    IMG_8041.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20180714_131749.jpg
    IMG_20180714_131749.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 47
I'm picking up my car in Devon, PA (outside of Philly) next week and had a question for PA residents: Will the car have new inspection tags, or does that need to be done elsewhere? If it needs to be done elsewhere, where do people in the Philly region take their cars to for this? I'd be a little reluctant to just drop it off at the corner auto shop to get inspected.

Thanks!

I'm picking up my car in Devon, PA (outside of Philly) next week and had a question for PA residents: Will the car have new inspection tags, or does that need to be done elsewhere? If it needs to be done elsewhere, where do people in the Philly region take their cars to for this? I'd be a little reluctant to just drop it off at the corner auto shop to get inspected.

Thanks!

I got my car last weekend and currently dealing with this mess. Tesla is not a dealer and cannot do inspection.
There area few places nearby that can do inspection before your registration arrives, but sometimes there is a delay as the information from the pink sheet (that you get at purchase) is filed with the dmv.

You have 10 days to get an inspection, but if you park in the city you may not want to take too long as the parking authority will ticket first and ask questions later.

After calling a few places I took mine to Central City Toyota, which has dealt with Teslas before. (I imagine the Ardmore location would be the same)

Check that a places will be able to do the inspection before you have a registration. Check that they will charge you for inspection only (not emission) and preferably a place that has dealt with a Tesla so you don't have to teach them everything about the car.

Thanks!
Just go to D'Avicos Auto Repair. They are literally 5 minutes away from the Devon SC. They are extremely nice and very, very familiar with Teslas & specifically the Model 3.
Wayne Auto Repair 19087 | D'Avico's Auto Repair (610)687-6266 | Brake Repair in Wayne, PA

I got my car last weekend and currently dealing with this mess. Tesla is not a dealer and cannot do inspection.
There area few places nearby that can do inspection before your registration arrives, but sometimes there is a delay as the information from the pink sheet (that you get at purchase) is filed with the dmv.

You have 10 days to get an inspection, but if you park in the city you may not want to take too long as the parking authority will ticket first and ask questions later.

After calling a few places I took mine to Central City Toyota, which has dealt with Teslas before. (I imagine the Ardmore location would be the same)

Check that a places will be able to do the inspection before you have a registration. Check that they will charge you for inspection only (not emission) and preferably a place that has dealt with a Tesla so you don't have to teach them everything about the car.

Well that is a bit of a bummer! Thanks for the insight though. Did Central City Toyota allow you to have the car inspected before having the registration papers?

Well that is a bit of a bummer! Thanks for the insight though. Did Central City Toyota allow you to have the car inspected before having the registration papers?

Yes. A good number of places will let you do it.
The combination of factors is the problem (no emissions, no registration, same day, unusual driving).
If its a place that hasn't seen a Model 3, you need to make sure they know how at least drive and put it in park etc.