Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are you making a reservation?

Are you making a reservation for a Model X?

• Yes! I haven't reserved a Model S, but I am so getting the X.

Votes: 16 13.1%
  • Yes, and I'm cancelling my Model S reservation

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Yes, and I'm keeping my Model S reservation too.

Votes: 30 24.6%
  • No, not getting a Tesla.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • No, I'm happy with my Model S reservation.

Votes: 58 47.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 12 9.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I the only person on the planet that wants a minivan, when I actually need one, no kids yet. I could probably handle 'falcon doors' if they can fit under 7'4" I measured my garage. I get about 7'1.5" under the door, but I might be able to backup the falcon doors beyond the door and open them up, or move my track around a bit and get a couple of inches. But just give me a minivan!

Reserve the X and start working on filling those seats; you have about two years lead time :wink:

Am I the only person on the planet that wants a minivan, when I actually need one, no kids yet. I could probably handle 'falcon doors' if they can fit under 7'4" I measured my garage. I get about 7'1.5" under the door, but I might be able to backup the falcon doors beyond the door and open them up, or move my track around a bit and get a couple of inches. But just give me a minivan!

I used to have a minivan many years ago. Had that awesome racing stripe on the side (some may view it as fake wood panel on the side). 0-60 in about 14 seconds with the V4. Wicked fast:smile: I think if you need or want a minivan, go for it. Of course now with the Model X, you finally have a cool alternative that's not a giant SUV.

TMC members have at least 3 of the top 4 Sig spots ... dadaleus has #2, I have #3, and waymond has #4.

The guy who had #1 was nice. We did the X test ride together. I shoulda gotten his name and encouraged him to come here and join the conversation given that he said he also has a Roadster and an S reservation. (If you're out there, say hello!)

It wasn't Jason Calacanis was it? He has Sig #1 for the Model S and he has an orange Roadster. He was also in "Revenge of the Electric Car".

Oh my gosh... If it was him I would have known. No, this person had dark hair but he did say he was an Internet guy. But he didn't look much like @jason. My wife says he looked like a 'hipster.' :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=4170&d=1328869472.jpg

Some wag is going to read that with a U.

Some wag is going to read that with a U.

Doug_G, doug and bonnie1194: I didn't think about it being read that way when I bought the plate. Thought some might mentally add 2 'E's, but not an 'E' and 'U'.

Tried "MODEL S", "T[E]SLA S", etc., but all were taken. I settled on "TSLA SX" since I'm getting the Xtra performance version of the S, and to indicate the first two vehicles produced in Fremont (where I live) will be the 'S' & 'X'.

Anyway, doesn't make sense somebody would buy a luxury performance car (e.g. BMW) and put "BMW SUX" on their license plate, IMHO. There are also several car model names with an "SX" designation, e.g. "Kia Optima SX". Apparently, Kia wasn't worried about people reading that as "Kia Optima SUX"!

When it's on the car, if people start asking me why I think "TESLA SUX", then I'll just toss the plate and install my Google voice phone number plate, "771 RUSS", from another vehicle. Thanks for pointing out the possible negative interpretation to me!

bonnie1194: It's OK, I figured you three are true Tesla fanboys and girls (in the Apple tradition) so your posts deserved my thoughtful answer! :smile:

Last edited:
Doug_G, doug and bonnie1194: I didn't think about it being read that way when I bought the plate. Thought some might mentally add 2 'E's, but not an 'E' and 'U'.

Tried "MODEL S", "T[E]SLA S", etc., but all were taken. I settled on "TSLA SX" since I'm getting the Xtra performance version of the S, and to indicate the first two vehicles produced in Fremont (where I live) will be the 'S' & 'X'.

Anyway, doesn't make sense somebody would buy a luxury performance car (e.g. BMW) and put "BMW SUX" on their license plate, IMHO. There are also several car model names with an "SX" designation, e.g. "Kia Optima SX". Apparently, Kia wasn't worried about people reading that as "Kia Optima SUX"!

When it's on the car, if people start asking me why I think "TESLA SUX", then I'll just toss the plate and install my Google voice phone number plate, "771 RUSS", from another vehicle. Thanks for pointing out the possible negative interpretation to me!

Please ignore us gutter-mongerers. :)

There are also several car model names with an "SX" designation, e.g. "Kia Optima SX". Apparently, Kia wasn't worried.

I have a Kia Optima SX and can confirm the car definitely doesn't SUX. In fact, you'd be amazed what you get for the $27K I paid for it: backup camera, turn by turn navigation, dual sunroofs, keyless entry and ignition, a powerful eight-speaker Infinity audio system with all the hookups, satellite radio, heated/cooled leather seats, xenon headlights and LED rear lamps, illuminated stainless-steel scuff plates, carbon-fiber trim, alloy pedals, LCD meter cluster display, steering-wheel paddle shifters, beverage cooler in glovebox, and, 0-60 in 5.5 sec.

But, of coarse nowhere near as SXY as the Model S!

Ah! Yes, missed that.

Congrats again Adelman! It was great meeting you.

Thanks. I'm definitely not dark-haired (anymore); I dye in those silver highlights so I look more mature. I'm also not a hipster, as I don't have a single-speed fixie bicycle, and my favorite unicycles are all two-speed. I also didn't get a test-ride in the X; actually I put down that money pretty much sight-unseen (you could either look at the car or get in line...). But I am (or was) an Internet guy...

Thanks. I'm definitely not dark-haired (anymore); I dye in those silver highlights so I look more mature. I'm also not a hipster, as I don't have a single-speed fixie bicycle, and my favorite unicycles are all two-speed. I also didn't get a test-ride in the X; actually I put down that money pretty much sight-unseen (you could either look at the car or get in line...). But I am (or was) an Internet guy...

Wow. Clearly I misunderstood the guy I rode with, but it's great to (virtually) meet you!

Finaly got my reservation number: Model X EU P9
Model S EU P10 / Model X EU P9
"Hello, this is Tesla."
"Hi, I have an unusual request..."
"Okay... maybe I can help."
"My reservations are mismatched."
"Mismatched?"
"Yes, my S is P10 and my X is P9."
"I see. How can I help?"
"Can I move the S up or the X down?"
"Good question..."

/me wants to know if you'll make that call. :wink:

"Hello, this is Tesla."
"Mismatched?"
"I see. How can I help?"
"Good question..."

Nah, as long as he can score the P8 for the next generation Roadster the world will come to order again.

"Hello, this is Tesla."
"Mismatched?"
"I see. How can I help?"
"Good question..."

No , didn't made that call ... I'am satisfied with any single digit number :wink: