Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are you reserving at the reveal, at a store, or online?

Reserving at the reveal, at a store, or online?

• Reserving at the reveal

Votes: 16 3.4%
  • Reserving at a store

Votes: 302 63.7%
  • Reserving online

Votes: 156 32.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I lived closer to a store I would go just for the thrill of being a part of something so huge and exciting. Unfortunately I live a good 2 hours drive away, and I don't actually have a car right now, so... I would say I will wake up at midnight to reserve online, but we don't have any details of the logistics yet. In any case by the time April 1 is over with I will be on the list, just not sure how far down I will be.

Not sure I understand the intent of the poll. Doesn't mean anything unless everyone polling has access to all three choices.

Actually the assumption is that everyone does not have access to all three choices. All will have access to online, fewer will have access to in store, and even fewer will have access to the reveal, yet so far the poll distribution does not reflect that, with more choosing in store than online.

Related: https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotor...bring_cash_to_reserve_model_3_in_stores_331/:
Hey all I check this subreddit like 20+ times a day and haven't seen this info posted. So i called up my nearest store and asked what the details were. No cash, bring debit or credit and reservations will happen right when doors open. We don't have to wait for the reveal.
Went to the Kansas City store and they said the interest in the Model 3 has been overwhelming since the announcement and advises us to show up on the day of but before the store opens (early morning and line up). Few interesting tidbits from the salesperson: - Model 3 will be 80% the size of S - Supercharging is possible (I assume it comes at a one time cost). We talked about free cost of fuel when traveling out of state. - Autopilot will be offered (at a cost) - AWD variant will be offered

We'll be seeing each other, then ! I'm less than 10 KM away from Tesla Mtl. I don't plan to sleep there, especially if it's as cold as it was last night !
Glad to hear it, I was wondering who else here might be showing up. And yes, let's hope that Tibetan survival gear won't be required in 6 weeks (for those of you lucky enough to live in warmer climes it's currently -40 with wind chill, C or F, take your pick)

I would say I will wake up at midnight to reserve online, but we don't have any details of the logistics yet. In any case by the time April 1 is over with I will be on the list, just not sure how far down I will be.

It will be interesting how they "rank" the in-store sales. Will we get a sequential number on the spot, or will all of the store orders be processed in a batch and get emailed some more random number later?

There are too many open questions to answer the poll with any certainty, but I picked store anyway.

I'll reserve at the store, if it is during day time (I can take a couple of hours off from work). But if it is some-other time it would be difficult.

Also, the reservation process needs to simple and quick. They should have a simple 3 field form (name, address, cc) that we fill and submit at the store.

BTW, I expect a line at the store. Afterall, the nearby Nissan dealer is the largest Leaf dealer in the country.

Hi Folks,

I´m not sure. Maybe I´m to lazy to travel to the next Tesla-Store and will do it at home. But I have a really perfect guess to go to Nuremberg accompanied by our 12-year old son where a new store opens late February, reserve an M3 and have a visit to the remarkable railroad museum in Nuremberg afterwards: first step to end our own steam-engine age by reserving an M3 and than having a closer look to the history of steam engines in this amazing museum. It would be a real celebration of a decisive step ... :smile::cool:

Regards from Germany

Josh

It will be interesting how they "rank" the in-store sales. Will we get a sequential number on the spot, or will all of the store orders be processed in a batch and get emailed some more random number later?

I think they will do it alphabetically and by country then stores.

So as England has an E, then we in England will have a 5 digit number. As the USA has a U, you lot will be given a 21 digit number.

Obviously the lower the number the sooner it will be produced.

I always wanted a Model S. I would never own an EV except the Tesla. I thought it was just the greatest thing around. But it was just too expensive no matter how I priced it. Now I have an opportunity to stand in line and get a model 3 which we know Tesla makes Bad A- looking cars. I will be there if things don't change.

By the way, I called the Galleria office in Houston, and the lady told me they will be taking deposits as of right now. I will check back if in a month they change their minds. Probably after work unless I can think of a good excuse to come in late that day.