Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona Deliveries??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We took delivery of our MY white/white AWD VIN 172XX. We went with our six page checklist and was pleasantly surprised. Only issues we had were a paint chip on the edge of the front door. The delivery process was the best experience we’ve had buying a car. Just wanted to share a positive delivery experience since I was extremely worried from all of the negative experience I’ve read.

We took delivery of our MY white/white AWD VIN 172XX. We went with our six page checklist and was pleasantly surprised. Only issues we had were a paint chip on the edge of the front door. The delivery process was the best experience we’ve had buying a car. Just wanted to share a positive delivery experience since I was extremely worried from all of the negative experience I’ve read.

Ooh, this makes me excited! I'm waiting for my second delivery appointment now, first white/white AWD VIN was 146XX and this new VIN is 19XXX. Hoping they fixed some QC issues from the two.

Ooh, this makes me excited! I'm waiting for my second delivery appointment now, first white/white AWD VIN was 146XX and this new VIN is 19XXX. Hoping they fixed some QC issues from the two.

Can I ask you guys how long it took from the time you got a text message? I received a "Tesla Update" text on June 21 saying to expect my delivery between June 28 and 30. But as of now, I still don't have a VIN assigned. Mine is MY white/white AWD by the way.

Can I ask you guys how long it took from the time you got a text message? I received a "Tesla Update" text on June 21 saying to expect my delivery between June 28 and 30. But as of now, I still don't have a VIN assigned. Mine is MY white/white AWD by the way.

The first contact we received was on June 8th. Also be prepared to only have a few days from when you get your vin and the available delivery dates. When scheduling delivery we only got two days to pick from. I got my first vin on the 18th and delivery was on the 21st. This round is feeling the same as last week, so I'm expecting to get delivery schedule notification soon for sometime this weekend. We also own a M3, I've heard they prioritize individuals with other teslas and my original order date was 25 Nov 2019.

The first contact we received was on June 8th. Also be prepared to only have a few days from when you get your vin and the available delivery dates. When scheduling delivery we only got two days to pick from. I got my first vin on the 18th and delivery was on the 21st. This round is feeling the same as last week, so I'm expecting to get delivery schedule notification soon for sometime this weekend. We also own a M3, I've heard they prioritize individuals with other teslas and my original order date was 25 Nov 2019.

So the dates in the text were way off base? If you got a text on the 8th, what did the text say as far as expected delivery? I'm not talking about from the day you got your VIN. I'm referring to the dates in the text. Just strange that they would even bother sending me an expected delivery date when they don't even have a VIN assigned yet.

So the dates in the text were way off base? If you got a text on the 8th, what did the text say as far as expected delivery? I'm not talking about from the day you got your VIN. I'm referring to the dates in the text. Just strange that they would even bother sending me an expected delivery date when they don't even have a VIN assigned yet.

So on 5th we got a text to call them to discuss our order. On 14th we got a text that they are expecting it to be built in next 7 days. And on 18th we got delivery schedule reminder.

So on 5th we got a text to call them to discuss our order. On 14th we got a text that they are expecting it to be built in next 7 days. And on 18th we got delivery schedule reminder.

Gotcha. So the 18th is when the VIN was assigned and they wanted you to pick a delivery date? I'm confused whether you have a delivery date or are still waiting for them to schedule your delivery.

Are you planning to do PPF? Just wondering if you have recommendations in the area.

Gotcha. So the 18th is when the VIN was assigned and they wanted you to pick a delivery date? I'm confused whether you have a delivery date or are still waiting for them to schedule your delivery.

Are you planning to do PPF? Just wondering if you have recommendations in the area.
Sorry, so I declined delivery on the 21st from the first VIN. I received my second VIN yesterday.

Not doing PPF, I'm going to get it wrapped and ceramic coated.

Sounds like you're not the right person to discuss timing of the text message vs VIN vs delivery. If I am understanding properly, you went to pickup your first car and declined it? So they assigned a 2nd VIN within 4 days? What were the issues with the first one?

Also, PPF is a wrap. I't Paint Protection Film. Do you already have a place in mind that you can suggest? Are you just doing front or entire vehicle?

Sounds like you're not the right person to discuss timing of the text message vs VIN vs delivery. If I am understanding properly, you went to pickup your first car and declined it? So they assigned a 2nd VIN within 4 days? What were the issues with the first one?

Also, PPF is a wrap. I't Paint Protection Film. Do you already have a place in mind that you can suggest? Are you just doing front or entire vehicle?
I posted pics in this thread and a few other threads but the driver side paint didn't look right so I declined it. And PPF is different than a wrap. I'm wrapping it to change the color, PPF is thicker and is more of a protective layer. I'm using EA Wraps by Echelon Autosports – Vinyl Wraps | High End Performance & Accessories since a friend recommended them and they have the specific vinyl color and brand I want to use.

What was the build date on your MY? Im picking up my W/W Monday 148XX. Built 6/13/2020

VIN arrived Yesterday, text with URL to schedule arrived today. Delivery scheduled for Wednesday, in Scottsdale unfortunately.
Delivery was smooth, only issue the trunk release for the rear passenger side seat did not work. Told they would setup a Due Bill in my app, that has not happened. I have service scheduled 13 days ahead, they must be busy.
Found a couple of rattles in seats on the drive home, also got a flat. The tire pressure display showed that they had the tires running at 49 psi rather than the recommended 42. The garage that fixed the flat did not want to do it until they discovered that the owner's son had a Tesla and had just received a set of pucks. Then they found a layer of styrofoam inside the tread, new to them. Fortunately the nail was at the side of the tread, just outside the styrofoam, so they were able to do a regular fix. They did not know what they would have done if it was in the middle of the styrofoam.

Arranging service is a pain, I am only given the Phoenix and Palm Springs service centers as options. Made a booking for Phoenix, then replied to their text confirmation with a request that they pass the job to the Tucson center, which they did. Communications is not Tesla's strong suit.

Last edited:
Yes- the Tucson Service center is on Elvira - near the Tucson Airport. The service techs that work there are great! They have all the tools to do pretty much anything there. To schedule a service at the Tucson Service center using the app- just select "Mobile Service" and put in Elvira as the location- then select a time/date- they will know it's a Tucson Service center visit, not a Mobile visit- You'll get an e-mail confirming

We picked up our MSM Model Y today in Scottsdale (VIN 13XXX). So far so good! The delivery process was incredibly smooth, it was a way easier than what we’ve experienced in the past while picking up previous models. We had ample time to inspect the vehicle. We had some finger prints on the interior that they were able to clean right away but otherwise everything looks pretty good.

I’m sure I will end up doing a more thorough inspection tonight but I will be driving the vehicle to California in the morning and am VERY happy the process was smooth today to prevent any issues with that.

On a MUCH sadder note, while driving south on the 101 about 10 minutes into ownership, a lovely rock decided to christen my windshield...

Attachments

• F95A50B8-1176-44F3-BD3F-3C903C48C1BF.jpeg
    F95A50B8-1176-44F3-BD3F-3C903C48C1BF.jpeg
    312.3 KB · Views: 65
Yes- the Tucson Service center is on Elvira - near the Tucson Airport. The service techs that work there are great! They have all the tools to do pretty much anything there. To schedule a service at the Tucson Service center using the app- just select "Mobile Service" and put in Elvira as the location- then select a time/date- they will know it's a Tucson Service center visit, not a Mobile visit- You'll get an e-mail confirming

I did not get a "Mobile Service" option in the app, perhaps because the first item needing service was something I had not seen - Reduced Power to Front Motor - that probably cannot be done with Mobile Service.

Ordered on June 24, filled out all the online 'steps' on the same day/night, and now just in the waiting game! I did however notice today that I needed to add my insurance info to the portal as well, which I did this morning (convenient that here in AZ we don't have to have the Tesla VIN in order to take delivery!)

I'm seeing that a lot of folks have either a 1-2 week experience, or a 7-8 week + one... I'm really hoping for the former, and that all the backups from the shutdowns have been ironed out and they can start working on our car soon! The whole family is excited.

I did not get a "Mobile Service" option in the app, perhaps because the first item needing service was something I had not seen - Reduced Power to Front Motor - that probably cannot be done with Mobile Service.
I would bet they still can take care of it there in the Tucson service center- I'm sorry I don't know how to get the app to allow you to schedule them, You might try calling the Service center in Tempe and see if they can route you to Tucson. They certainly shouldn't need you to drive it to Tempe with the motor not working properly