Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona - Phoenix and Tucson Corridor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would this work? Found this by looking for RV parks. Looks like they have a steakhouse so better than most RV parks which have nothing to eat
BLACK BARTS - STEAKHOUSE SALOON MUSICAL REVUE

It doesn't say if that have 50A hookups so would need to contact them.
Yes I saw that one and while it looks interesting unfortunately they are dinner only, and I need a lunch place.

Here is a recargo search which gives you several options.

http://www.recargo.com/search?search=flagstaff%2C+AZ&commit=+++SEARCH+++
Slim pickings in Flagstaff proper, but there was a very "enticing" location in Scottsdale called Twin Peaks. I don't think I can bring my wife and kids though... ;)

. . . there was a very "enticing" location in Scottsdale called Twin Peaks. I don't think I can bring my wife and kids though... ;)
Kip: I was just at Twin Peaks with my wife tonight. The Blink charger is between McDonalds and Twin Peaks . . . Take your pick!

Its a little strange, but the Twin Peaks establishment is about 300 yards from a bar called Four Peaks . . No shortage of peaks and curves in Scottsdale.

Last edited:
Hope that everyone has seen this. Test drives of the Model S will be available to res holders on July 13-15 in Scottsdale per TM.

"North American Reservation Holders are invited to test drive Model S this summer. In just 45 days, we'll complete over 5,000 test drives! If you're a Reservation Holder, expect an email invitation a few weeks before each event. Invitations will be prioritized by Reservation Sequence Number."

The Get Amped Model S Tour | Tesla Motors

Last edited:
Hi all, another Model S reservation holder (P2595) from Scottsdale here.

I've been told that the Fashion Square store is slated to open mid-July, so hopefully it'll coincide with the test drive weekend. Looking forward to meeting some of you there!

Phil

Arizona enthusiasts are invited to a meet-up on Sunday, June 24 at 3pm at Paradise Bakery at Scottsdale Fashion Square. I'll be wearing a black Tesla cap and gjunky will have a red cap for easier identification.

If you have any question, PM one of us or call me at 602.980.1875.

Last edited:
Just joined the forum yesterday. My wife has a reservation in the #27xx (I am not sure the exact number). Any roadster owners here? I am interested in learning how services is done with Tesla, do they go to your house, or do you have to ship it to L.A.? Also, hows the range after 15k/year of driving in AZ weather?

JohnDoe74: I am not aware that an Arizona service center has been officially announced, but the Career Search Openings page on the Tesla Motors website lists a location of "US AZ Phoenix Service." This is usually a reliable indication of Tesla's intention of opening a service unit. :smile: Hope to get to know you at the meet up at SFS at 3pm today.

Tesla - [url]www.teslamotors.com | High Performance, All Electric Vehicles[/url]

Just got his from a rep at Scottsdale Fashion Square:

"Our corporate people are working with a few vendors nationally and I was told at a recent meeting that Fashion Square is on the list of our centers that will receive charging stations. I do not know the timing, but when they are installed, we will certainly publicize it. Thanks for asking."

It may be a good idea to "nudge" the ownership of the places we shop to install charging stations.

Though my official residence is in Napa, CA, we spend half the year (guess which half!) outside of Tucson. I am a reservation holder (P83) and am hopeful that I will receive my S before November so I can drive it to Tucson for the winter. My challenge will be to get from Palm Springs to Tucson. Probably an overnight along the way, I guess. Put a pitch in with a TM tech on Sunday for a SuperCharger location on 10 someplace to get from LA to Phoenix.

Did the Test Drive in Fremont last Sunday and can tell you it is time to get official nuts about getting this thing. What a car.

After Get Amped - Meet, Greet (and drink?) - Saturday, July 14, 7pm

Arizona Enthusiasts are Invited! My wife and I would enjoy the chance to connect with others and share impressions & questions after the Scottsdale Get Amped event. Owners, reservation holders, and enthusiasts are welcome to join similarly minded Tesla affectionados at our home in North Scottsdale on Saturday, July 14 starting at 7pm. Plan to bring a partner, photos, questions, and concerns.

Yes . . . we know that some people won't have a drive time until Sunday and others may not have received a reservation at all, but that won't deter a lively discussion. if you're interested, please PM me and I will forward the address, gate code, etc. Hope to see many of you next week! Mark & Lu

Hello all, my name is Kishore and I live in the Arrowhead area. I have reservation #P130 and I'm going to get my first look/test drive at the Get Amped event on Friday. Will also be at Mark's house on Saturday night. Mark, thanks for hosting this. I'm going to get a blue Performance with pano roof and tan/carbon fiber interior. Still can decide between the silver or darker wheels.
Screen Shot 2012-07-11 at 9.52.26 AM.png

Meet, Greet & Debrief - 7pm Saturday

Hello all, my name is Kishore and I live in the Arrowhead area. I have reservation #P130 and I'm going to get my first look/test drive at the Get Amped event on Friday. Will also be at Mark's house on Saturday night. Mark, thanks for hosting this. I'm going to get a blue Performance with pano roof and tan/carbon fiber interior. Still can decide between the silver or darker wheels.View attachment 7599
DAMN - Copycat! I have reservation #P1312 and I'm going to get my first look/test drive at the Get Amped event on Friday. Will also be at Mark's house on Saturday night. I live at Mark's house. I'm going to get a blue S with pano roof and tan interior. Probably upgraded suspension and a pair of fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view mirror . . . okay, forget that last item.

Hope to see many of you on Saturday night - PM me if you can make it to a Meet, Greet, and Debrief after a few test drives on Saturday night about 7pm. Mark

Went to the opening of the Scottsdale Tesla store this evening. Looked like a good sized crowd, maybe 35 or 40 while I was there. I'm sticking with the Roadster, so I wasn't really interested in the Model S other than to see it in person and get an idea of the real size. Like most people have said (I think), it's bigger than I expected, especially in width. Had the opportunity to say hello to George and thank him for his input to this forum. As everyone has said, nice guy. Also bumped into Jerome whom I met at the LA store nearly 2 and 1/2 years ago. He's another of the Tesla guys that goes above and beyond. I know the no photo, it didn't happen rule, but I think you'll get plenty of that from the test drives tomorrow. Have fun over the next 3 days AZ testers.