TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Arizona - Phoenix and Tucson Corridor

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest' started by gjunky, Apr 2, 2012.

1. kishdude

kishdude P #130

P#130 P85/Brown/Tan/Carbon Fiber/21 silver delivered today at 930PM in Arizona. Details and pics tomorrow, but the car is absolutely awesome!

2. MarkR

MarkR Member

Kishore: I'm more that a bit surprised that you aren't out driving the S. Congrats. Hopefully mine will be here before the end of the year.

3. montgom626

montgom626 Active Member

Needs to be a Supercharger between LA and Phoenix.

4. NuclearPowered

I have heard that a SC location in Blythe could be one of the next ones. From the tesla rumor mill...

5. napabill

napabill Active Member

Oh please, oh please! I have a reservation at the KOA campground in Blythe next week that I would have preferred to avoid. My wife would have REALLY preferred to avoid!

6. napabill

napabill Active Member

Anyone know the status of the Phoenix/Scottsdale Service Center?

- - - Updated - - -

Which rumor mill is that? i've been watching the forums fairly closely and have never seen any reference to Blythe.

7. kishdude

kishdude P #130

Mark,

Did drive it all day today. It is awesome. I haven't been able to register it yet, but I got some type of temp paperwork from Tesla to allow me to drive. I'm going to the DMV tomorrow to pay taxes and register. Here is a pic for you

2012-12-17_07-52-44.jpg

8. MarkR

MarkR Member

Kishore, just beautiful! Please let your fellow Arizonans know of any snags with DMV. I wonder if it might make sense to use the same DMV office to register mine since your registration may have ironed out the kinks.

- - - Updated - - -

The 150 mile distance between Phoenix and Blythe makes it the perfect place for a SC and an important link between the California SC network and Arizona.

9. NuclearPowered

Hanging around the store, talking to employees :smile: I expressed concern that a LA/ Phoenix SC was missed on the long term map presented at the SC event. The person said they have heard from inside the company that there will be one there. They also said it could be one of the "next ones". I hope it's true and not just sales speak.

10. napabill

napabill Active Member

Anyone know what the status of Arizona diamond lanes for a Tesla with California plates, and a Calif HOV sticker?

11. tesla2012

tesla2012 Member

Congrats Kishore! It seems like we need another meet and greet to checkout Kishore's car :)

12. kishdude

kishdude P #130

Ok,

some info on registration. The short of it is, I don't have registration yet and have not paid the sales tax yet. The DS came by this morning to go over the car which was nice. They gave me some type of temporary California registration on a small piece of paper that I have to place in the back window. Apparently this is legal to drive with, but I guess some local police were questioning this and they also gave me a letter from Tesla saying that they are in the process of completing the transfer to Arizona and that the car is legal to drive. I hope I don't get pulled over for not having a plate. They said it may take 3-4 weeks for me to get the paperwork to take to the DMV to get my actual registration. If anyone has had any different experience, please post.

13. kishdude

kishdude P #130

Anytime you guys want to come over to the Arrowhead area, I'd be happy to show you the car.

14. NuclearPowered

If you set a time, I would love to come over and see it. Judging from the pics, you seem to be around 59th ave or so north of 101?

15. MarkR

MarkR Member

Set the time and date - you'll have more than a few to join you at kishdudes place.

16. rsquared99

rsquared99 Member

I had my first opportunity to meet the service manager for the Phoenix area this week. Nicholas seems, like nearly every Tesla employee I've met, to be a pleasant and knowledgable guy. He ended up installing a new 12v battery in my Roadster on the 24th. I look forward to being able to use his services locally in the years to come and forget about the long haul to LA. Welcome aboard Nicholas.

17. johndoe74

johndoe74 Member

Did the SM mention where the new service center is located and when is the opening date?

18. napabill

napabill Active Member

I talked with Ownership and Jason, the Mgr at the Scottsdale store, and nobody seems to know where or when.

19. rsquared99

rsquared99 Member

No, it was evident that he wasn't at liberty to divulge that information, so I didn't press.

20. MarkR

MarkR Member

My inside DS traced my car to a "Transit Hub" in Maricopa (south of Phx) where cars are being off-loaded from the large car transport and shuttled to Arizona owners. My delivery is scheduled for Saturday at 10am and the orientation with the DS at 6pm . . . I hope!

i trust that a number of Arizonans will be driving on electrons after this weekend.