Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona - Phoenix and Tucson Corridor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mark,

Did drive it all day today. It is awesome. I haven't been able to register it yet, but I got some type of temp paperwork from Tesla to allow me to drive. I'm going to the DMV tomorrow to pay taxes and register. Here is a pic for you

2012-12-17_07-52-44.jpg

Kishore, just beautiful! Please let your fellow Arizonans know of any snags with DMV. I wonder if it might make sense to use the same DMV office to register mine since your registration may have ironed out the kinks.

- - - Updated - - -

I have heard that a SC location in Blythe could be one of the next ones. From the tesla rumor mill...
The 150 mile distance between Phoenix and Blythe makes it the perfect place for a SC and an important link between the California SC network and Arizona.

Anyone know the status of the Phoenix/Scottsdale Service Center?

- - - Updated - - -

Which rumor mill is that? i've been watching the forums fairly closely and have never seen any reference to Blythe.

Hanging around the store, talking to employees :smile: I expressed concern that a LA/ Phoenix SC was missed on the long term map presented at the SC event. The person said they have heard from inside the company that there will be one there. They also said it could be one of the "next ones". I hope it's true and not just sales speak.

Ok,

some info on registration. The short of it is, I don't have registration yet and have not paid the sales tax yet. The DS came by this morning to go over the car which was nice. They gave me some type of temporary California registration on a small piece of paper that I have to place in the back window. Apparently this is legal to drive with, but I guess some local police were questioning this and they also gave me a letter from Tesla saying that they are in the process of completing the transfer to Arizona and that the car is legal to drive. I hope I don't get pulled over for not having a plate. They said it may take 3-4 weeks for me to get the paperwork to take to the DMV to get my actual registration. If anyone has had any different experience, please post.

I had my first opportunity to meet the service manager for the Phoenix area this week. Nicholas seems, like nearly every Tesla employee I've met, to be a pleasant and knowledgable guy. He ended up installing a new 12v battery in my Roadster on the 24th. I look forward to being able to use his services locally in the years to come and forget about the long haul to LA. Welcome aboard Nicholas.

Did the SM mention where the new service center is located and when is the opening date?

I had my first opportunity to meet the service manager for the Phoenix area this week. Nicholas seems, like nearly every Tesla employee I've met, to be a pleasant and knowledgable guy. He ended up installing a new 12v battery in my Roadster on the 24th. I look forward to being able to use his services locally in the years to come and forget about the long haul to LA. Welcome aboard Nicholas.

My inside DS traced my car to a "Transit Hub" in Maricopa (south of Phx) where cars are being off-loaded from the large car transport and shuttled to Arizona owners. My delivery is scheduled for Saturday at 10am and the orientation with the DS at 6pm . . . I hope!

i trust that a number of Arizonans will be driving on electrons after this weekend.