Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning all, I’m glad I found this group. I ordered 05/13 Model Y long range, white interior, induction wheels, no tow, 7 pass. Originally my dates where steady 15-30 Jun then changed to 3-13 weeks and now no dates for the past two days. Good luck everyone and hope more cars get delivered!

Good morning all, I’m glad I found this group. I ordered 05/13 Model Y long range, white interior, induction wheels, no tow, 7 pass. Originally my dates where steady 15-30 Jun then changed to 3-13 weeks and now no dates for the past two days. Good luck everyone and hope more cars get delivered!
Welcome to the group. I feel like the EDD is absolutely useless until a VIN is assigned, so I wouldn't worry about none showing. There's no pattern to the date fluctuation and all it does is frustrates most of us. I wouldn't be surprised if they make that static in the future where only the range in weeks is shown until a VIN is set.

Reactions: CyberTorque
It sounds like they’re turning over the cars, but also a lot need firmware updates which is taking more time (more than other SCs? Who knows) to finish up.

Looks like they’ve only had two MYs enter “Existing Inventory” over the past 24 hours so have to assume these are all matching with owners, at least in some capacity.

It must be a logistical nightmare to have to update firmware back at the SC and store them offsite again. No idea how big the update is but it's gotta be a decent size, and so takes awhile per vehicle. Or maybe they are way understaffed or something right now. But who knows, not like we'll ever get the real answers from them.

It must be a logistical nightmare to have to update firmware back at the SC and store them offsite again. No idea how big the update is but it's gotta be a decent size, and so takes awhile per vehicle. Or maybe they are way understaffed or something right now. But who knows, not like we'll ever get the real answers from them.
Agreed on the difficult logistics and not ideal situation. However, I do see other SC’s cranking them out. I don’t want to assume, and I have never been graced with any convos with an SA, but something smells fishy...and we don’t live by water.