Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You have to be kidding, right?
Not kidding. I called the Kierland showroom and asked for some clarification....

Apparently they just changed the delivery defaults a couple days ago - all to midnight. And apparently they no longer do in-person deliveries at Raintree (this was news to me). So my car is the first delivery of the day on Monday (should be 8am-12pm she said) and delivery to my driveway!

Please to report that after 79 days, I took delivery of my MYLR yesterday evening. Delivery process was a little clunky (I suppose that is to be expected given nearly everything about ordering one of these cars is anything but smooth) - made a delivery appointment Saturday after receiving my VIN the day before. Only option for delivery timeslot was Monday at 12:00am midnight, so I selected it and called the showroom to inquire. Was told that they recently changed systems and the default was to only offer midnight, but that they only delivered cars between 10am and 6pm and that I was first on the list and should expect it early Monday morning.

Yesterday, 10am came and went and finally, at 5:45pm, I received an email to accept delivery. I took my phone outside and there she was, sitting in my driveway. The Tesla rep was getting into an Uber when I got outside.

I've only briefly gone over the car, but at first blush, it appears to be well put together without any glaring imperfections - I plan to go through in much more depth today.

In the app, there is the option to purchase Acceleration Boost for $2k or FSD for $10k, as well as the subscription option on FSD for $200/mo. No plans to purchase either at this time.

Next up is tint with Xpel XR Plus ceramic (still on the fence about tinting the windshield given we typically burn through at least one windshield replacement a year) and 90% sure I'll do a partial front PPF. Need to get that scheduled for this week or next

Last edited: