Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m curious to know what everybody’s experience has been with the different locations in the Valley.

I ordered from Raintree (delivery to Glendale location) but Fashion square seems to know more. At one point I had an edd of 12/1 - 12/15, went in a few days before Thanksgiving and they confidently told me to expect delivery between 12/6 and 12/8.

Turns out they were wrong and my edd has bounced all over since but Raintree never seems to know more than what’s in the app but Fashion Square was able to push a few extra buttons and get a few extra details.

How? 🙄

Last edited:
Yes excited to get it much sooner than March 2022. I calculated the tag cost next year and it’s significantly more. $456 for year one. $1691 for 5 years and $2442 for 10years. It’s a least something if we miss out on EV rebate !
AZ DOT's website isn't very clear regarding the new fees. I thought I had it figured out but now I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Meet White Lightning. Just picked her up from getting tint, PPF and ceramic coating.

Attachments

• 7733CF94-BB3A-4C1A-ACA2-6B071F238074.jpeg
    7733CF94-BB3A-4C1A-ACA2-6B071F238074.jpeg
    619.6 KB · Views: 62
And I should add buying an EV in the transition year (2022) has reasonable savings.

Per my spreadsheet (assuming a $65k sales price EV), the pre-2022 5 year savings are $3947 whereas the 2022 transition year's 5 year savings are $2115. So aside from remote federal government EV tax-credit passing, you still have a chance to get the latest 2022 MYLR updates (front casting, 4680 batteries, etc) and still save $2115 in licensing fees over 5 years.

Reactions: brad787 and JHCCAZ
Better than me, I ordered 8/5 and the EDD keeps moving farther out every month, now its saying Jan7-Feb4. My Model S now has a dead HV battery as of a few days ago, and is stuck in service with an ECD of Jan 31. Argh.
If you can drive around to the show room that’s what I did and they found me a match and it was in my driveway the next day.

Tried that, no luck. Have a Polestar2 rental paid for by Tesla now, so I shall survive.
I'll be interested to hear what you think of the Polestar 2. Not that I'm in the market for one after just getting my model Y, but I'm curious. In early November, I took the shuttle van up to Sky Harbor and met my son who flew in to join me for the Tesla acquisition and accessory installations. One of the first places we went with the MY was over to the Fashion Square Mall to look at the Lucid showroom (very interesting) and unexpectedly there was a Polestar 2 display at the food court there, so we talked to the rep about it for a while.

I'm a Volvo guy from way back (mostly ancient ones) so I have some interest in the Polestar brand, but actually I think it's one of the first completely made-in-China cars to be sold here (plenty more coming it seems). Frankly I like the idea of the Lucid better, and I hope they do well because it would be great to have an Arizona-built car someday. In the meantime I'm thrilled with the Tesla!

Took delivery today. Lucky with VIN becoming available. It matched except for FSD that was taken off. The windows sticker shows FSD and current pricing so its nice to see that if you have ordered before all the price increases (5k for me). Car is in excellent condition, all USB-c are there and work. Delivery was very smooth, 100$ five year tag is taken care of by Tesla vis power of attorney and forms that were refilled. Good Luck to everyone.

Took delivery today. Lucky with VIN becoming available. It matched except for FSD that was taken off. The windows sticker shows FSD and current pricing so its nice to see that if you have ordered before all the price increases (5k for me). Car is in excellent condition, all USB-c are there and work. Delivery was very smooth, 100$ five year tag is taken care of by Tesla vis power of attorney and forms that were refilled. Good Luck to everyone.
Congrats! 5 seater? Seen a few local people get lucky recently with your configuration. Waiting on a 7 seater to become available.