Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Articles re Tesla—Fact or Fiction?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

And so close to the first anniversary of a mini-hedge fund manager and perpetual TSLA critic presenting his short selling case to major hedge fund managers at the Robin Hood conference when the shares closed under $190.

Gotta give him credit for admitting his position, but not something I'd be crowing about:
"Noted short-seller Jim Chanos of Kynikos Associates continued to add to his short position in electric car maker Tesla Inc throughout the year even as the company's shares rallied, he said at the Reuters Global Investment 2018 Outlook Summit on Tuesday."

Gotta give him credit for admitting his position, but not something I'd be crowing about:
"Noted short-seller Jim Chanos of Kynikos Associates continued to add to his short position in electric car maker Tesla Inc throughout the year even as the company's shares rallied, he said at the Reuters Global Investment 2018 Outlook Summit on Tuesday."

He still doesn’t get it. He should stick to evaluating established companies in stable industries. He refers to capital raises and their necessary investment into rapid growth that disrupts major industries as “cash burning”. If this weren’t being done, the company actually would be worth far less. Musk seems to be a thorn in his side that he hopes will go away quickly. Perhaps he imagines that just saying so will make it happen. Even if Musk were to leave entirely, a huge unstoppable ball has been set in motion. If Straubel were to take over, the machines that build the machines that build the machines would still bowl over all the naysayers. Welcome to the 21st century, Mr. Chanos.

Bob Lutz is spouting off again! I can't believe CNBC and others keep giving airtime to this guy...

Tesla just rolled out 2 new vehicles, but an ex-top GM exec thinks its 'going out of business'

"I've said that consistently for the last three years, and I'll continue saying it." - No matter how wrong I am repeatedly proven!

Lutz doesn't get that their cars are so much more than the batteries and drivetrain: "The same lithium ion batteries as everyone else...". At least the interviewer was pushing back on him for a change.

It wouldn't mine much in the way of Bitcoins, but the value of Bitcoin vs the US dollar has gone up 10X this year.

The primary cost of cryptocurrency mining is electricity cost. Places with cheap electricity are becoming top mining sites. Old aluminum smelting towns in Washington State are being converted to server farms to mine cryptocurrencies. Unfortunately if many people start abusing the supercharger network, or any other free charging sites to mine cryptocurrencies, it will screw it up for everyone.

It wouldn't mine much in the way of Bitcoins, but the value of Bitcoin vs the US dollar has gone up 10X this year.

The primary cost of cryptocurrency mining is electricity cost. Places with cheap electricity are becoming top mining sites. Old aluminum smelting towns in Washington State are being converted to server farms to mine cryptocurrencies. Unfortunately if many people start abusing the supercharger network, or any other free charging sites to mine cryptocurrencies, it will screw it up for everyone.
can we dispense with discusssing "bitcoinz" please.
just take your profits, or your basis and be happy. you are being set up for a massive wealth transfer from you to elsewhere.
They have zero relevence to Tesla, and when the zero's become 1's, randomly it will have even less relevence

• Funny
Reactions: 1 person
can we dispense with discusssing "bitcoinz" please.
just take your profits, or your basis and be happy. you are being set up for a massive wealth transfer from you to elsewhere.
They have zero relevence to Tesla, and when the zero's become 1's, randomly it will have even less relevence
If people are using their cars and tying up superchargers and destination chargers to power their "mining" it is in fact relevant to Tesla.

Reactions: dhrivnak
Over an hour ago Probes Reporter published this article led by a negative click-bait headline. It turned out to be much-ado-about-nothing. Although hedge fund algobots may have reacted to it. Benzinga, TD Ameritrade and its Thinkorswim transmitted only the headline.

The article concludes with, "The probe ended on 31-May-2017 with no enforcement action recommended."

As Elon Musk Hyped and Happy-Talked Investors and Fans, Tesla Kept Quiet About a Year-Long Formal SEC Probe into the Model 3. | Probes Reporter, LLC

The Tesla battery kicks in again in South Australia, again supporting the grid. The article below manages to spin that as a negative. The headline is that the battery needs fossil fuels to bail it out!

Tesla’s record-breaking battery is the world’s best, but still needs a fossil-fuel bail out

They also say that the battery will fully discharge by itself in three weeks, if there is no wind to keep it charged. Gee, imagine building a wind farm in one of the most reliably windless places in the world, to get those three weeks! Also note that I don't believe this is the case... NiMH batteries self-discharge, but Lithium Ion batteries don't, at least not on that kind of scale.

Reactions: neroden