Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Articles re Tesla—Fact or Fiction?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Informative
Reactions: Chaserr and neroden
https://nypost.com/2018/07/21/elon-musk-is-a-total-fraud/

This might take the cake as the most unadulterated, unabashed hit piece of all time. This ...person... attacks Musk on every level, business and personal, even categorically stating that he has never accomplished anything, even labeling Space X as nothing more than a collection of rocket explosions in a blooper reel. Have to admit, I started laughing. She even claims 4.9 BILLION in subsidies, AS PER THE GOVERNMENT with no qualifications what so ever. I mean everyone knows the post is a rag, but they have solidly put forward their claim as the RAG of RAGS. And that is a tough one in today's world.

EM is a Fraud NY POST...

For me, this particular piece is a sign that we have reached PeakFUD... I don't think a more transparent and factless article could be composed...(I won't be ready the NY Post), going forward, I really don't see anyone reaching the bottomless pit of pathetic that this "columnist" has achieved.
This is a good sign... the ShortFUD clock is ticking...

apparently the Speigel is going wacko even more. whom is user Spudlime from Chantilly Va? on TMC this is odd
upload_2018-7-21_18-29-1.png

apparently the Speigel is going wacko even more. whom is user Spudlime from Chantilly Va? on TMC this is odd
View attachment 318810

One server supporting one small part of Tesla's system goes down for some unknown reason (could easily be a hardware failure) and the FUDsters are seeing this as a sign of the end? Someone is grasping at straws...

https://nypost.com/2018/07/21/elon-musk-is-a-total-fraud/

This might take the cake as the most unadulterated, unabashed hit piece of all time. This ...person... attacks Musk on every level, business and personal, even categorically stating that he has never accomplished anything, even labeling Space X as nothing more than a collection of rocket explosions in a blooper reel. Have to admit, I started laughing. She even claims 4.9 BILLION in subsidies, AS PER THE GOVERNMENT with no qualifications what so ever. I mean everyone knows the post is a rag, but they have solidly put forward their claim as the RAG of RAGS. And that is a tough one in today's world.

It’s a sociopathic level of journalism. As much as I used to hate the cesspool of online comments sections, I wish they were still an option on most news sites. There’s little readers can do with BS like this except have their heads explode.

Reactions: S'toon
Yeah someone posted that yesterday. I knew those idiots would use my post for more of their bs.
That's why a lot of people put in a signature that says something like posts may be used w
Yeah someone posted that yesterday. I knew those idiots would use my post for more of their bs.
A lot of people put a line in their signature that says something like posts may not be quoted outside this forum without permission.

Reactions: gene
So, the disinformation campaign is up to 11 now. A guy named Tim Higgens at the Wall Street Journal wrote a big FUD piece based on a leaked memo, claiming that Tesla was asking for its suppliers to give money back for old supplies (this is false), and claiming that what Tesla was asking for was unusual (it's not).

Tim Higgens deliberately misinterpreted the memo, which is about renegotiating terms for parts and equipment which *have not been delivered yet*. Which is totally normal, as everyone in the manufacturing industry has said in comments at Electrek. (I've done this myself, and I'm not even in that industry.)

Musk debunking the FUD:
“Only costs that actually apply to Q3 & beyond will be counted,” Musk said in a tweet late Sunday. “It would not be correct to apply historical cost savings to current quarter.”
Elon Musk on Twitter

I will not link the FUD piece. "The Wall Street Journal lies without consequence", as Vince Foster wrote in his suicide note. The WSJ has been a dishonest propaganda shop since Murdoch took over, and their editorial page lied nontop (about government statistics, using falsified quotes, etc.) as far back as the 1950s. The WSJ publishers and editors should all be in prison already.

Bloomberg repeated the FUD with substantially more criticism, because Bloomberg is an actual news organization, unlike WSJ.

Tesla Sinks on Report That Suppliers Were Asked to Return Cash

"It’s not so unusual for carmakers to ask suppliers for discounts retroactively, and some Japanese automakers have done it before, said Tatsuo Yoshida, an analyst at Sawakami Asset Management Inc. in Tokyo, who worked at Nissan Motor Co. between 1983 and 1999."

Of course, this isn't even retroactive -- this is on unfinished projects and stuff which has not been delivered yet. I've asked for discounts on projects which were *late*. And I've gotten them.

----

My take: the current round of FUD is an attempt to disrupt Tesla financially by freaking out its suppliers. The criminals running the disinformation campaign (Chanos or whatever short-seller it actually is) have discovered that they can't cut Tesla off from financing, and they can't suppress demand for the products, so this is an attack on Tesla's production chain. They want to spook a supplier into not delivering parts.

Hopefully it won't work, but it's actually dangerous. It's also criminal to spread this sort of disinformation, and they should be in prison for life for their trade libel.