Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If Sam were actually telling the truth:
12 Questions for Sam Altman:
  1. Why did you argue that building AGI fast is safer because it will take off slowly since there's still not too much compute around (the overhang argument), but then ask for $7T for compute?
I'm baffling people with bullshit until I win.
  1. Why didn't you tell congress your worst fear?
They'll freak and regulate me before I win.
  1. Why did you tell Musk that the leader of OpenAI probably shouldn't be its board, yet you just had yourself re-appointed to it?
I'm special, very special.
  1. Why did you also tell him that OpenAI employees would not be compensated in OpenAI equity, when in fact they are now given hundreds of thousands of dollars in it every year?
I lied, because I wanted to recruit the best from Tesla before Elon realized what we were doing. Same with Apple and Google, suckers.
  1. Why were you fired from YCombinator?
  1. Why, when you were fired from YCombinator, did you publish a blog post on their website announcing yourself as chairman without any authorization or agreement to do so?
  1. Why are you, in the form of OpenAI, clearly breaking GDPR data protection laws, as the Italian regulator has determined, abusing user data and likely in breach of similar laws in other jurisdictions?
Laws are for humans 1.0, we're making humans/cyborgs 2.0.
  1. How much of an increase in unemployment do you expect AI to cause?
Enough so that we can hire many as our soldiers and slaves for almost nothing, and they will be disciplined by our AI robots into obedience.
  1. What is the future of meaning? How do you see people finding meaning in their lives in the future you intend to bring into being?
What the ****? They're gonna be finding meaning in eating if they survive.
  1. Do you think you should have as much power over the future as you do?
Oh we will have much more power than that.
  1. Will you support calls for an internationally upheld pause on the advancement of AI capabilities and a grand-scale focused effort on AI safety research, via an international treaty? And if not, why not?
Absolutely, but our kind is not going to obey it, because we're special and we're here to win everything. I mean Everything.
  1. Where is Ilya?
If he knows what's good for him, he will never be seen again.

"If OpenAl disappeared tomorrow, we have all the IP rights and all the capability. We have the people, we have the compute, we have the data, we have everything. We are below them, above them, around them."

What a crazy money grab its always been.

There's no doubt that OpenAI put the good stuff outside of Microsoft's rights. Just like 1990 when IBM thought they had all the rights to PC-DOS and was developing OS/2 with MSFT while in fact Microsoft secretly was snaking them.

Last edited:
Also it should be noted that Elon funded OpenAI to prevent one company(google) from running away with the best AI(deepmind). Now OpenAI decided to do the same thing with Microsoft. Imo a very bad look. But the main legal issue will be if you can start a nonprofit, raise funds from a rich philanthropist, go against his intent, make a weird LLC structure, become a for profit, transfer your IP and staff to another company and enrich yourself and your cronies while not having paid taxes as a nonprofit. Because that's what has happened.