Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Attempted Theft smashed window!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please see video:

Was parked up in Shaftesbury Avenue in London on a main road,

A robber on a bicycle came and had a look round near the boot and then came around the side and looked in the car's small rear driver side window.

You can see in the video he has a look a round with the touch I don't have anything in the boot or out on show in the car.

He has smashed the glass pulled the chair down to revival nothing in the boot!

I called up Tesla roadside assistance to let my local service centre know I will be coming tomorrow.

I got home and cleaned all the glass up.

I hope they stock this glass and theres not months of waiting with a bin-liner patched window
upload_2020-1-22_0-5-13.gif

Im gutted to say the least.

Just to let you know guys keep safe, at least no one was hurt!

The Aftermath:

1.jpeg

Please see video:

Was parked up in Shaftesbury Avenue in London on a main road,

A robber on a bicycle came and had a look round near the boot and then came around the side and looked in the car's small rear driver side window.

You can see in the video he has a look a round with the touch I don't have anything in the boot or out on show in the car.

He has smashed the glass pulled the chair down to revival nothing in the boot!

I called up Tesla roadside assistance to let my local service centre know I will be coming tomorrow.

I got home and cleaned all the glass up.

I hope they stock this glass and theres not months of waiting with a bin-liner patched window View attachment 502968

Im gutted to say the least.

Just to let you know guys keep safe, at least no one was hurt!

The Aftermath:

View attachment 502969
Sorry to hear this.

Make sure you report it and provide pictures/video of this idiot as the face is clear in a couple of frames

• Informative
Reactions: Lasairfion
I could be in FOMO- Does anyone want to collaborate to ship in 4 of these to get 20% off and minimise shipping?

Pencil me in for that. However need to watch duty limits and whoever the carrier is.

Single unit works out
Subtotal $48.75
Shipping $25.00
Total USD $73.75

3 seems to trigger the discount
Subtotal $117.00
Shipping $25.00
Total USD $142.00

Duty and VAT plus handling may apply

Last edited:
Wow brazen. Not like the car was in some sketchy dark alley, what time was the break in?

I'll definitly be putting centry mode on more often. I often park in central London like you did. I'm a photographer and always have kit in my boot, usually tripods and not much of major value but still would suck to have them stolen by a PoS like him.

Does the app notify you with an alert if your car alarm goes off?

Sorry to hear. This is such an epidemic here in the US, particularly in California that it has caused people to lower their rear seat...
Yes, it's a big problem in California, at least Nor Cal.

Info on small rear corner window break-ins
Epidemic of Model 3 small window break-ins

It's happened to some Tesla drivers at my work (well, not at my work but folks at my company who drive them). Tech CEO’s Tesla Broken Into Multiple Times in Same Mountain View Lot made the local news. He has an S, which is why it's so costly to repair (Epidemic of Model 3 small window break-ins says why).

Hi Guys,

Just got back from Tesla Service.

Luckily they had one glass left in the country.

Im quite surprised that they don't stock it due to the number of incidents happening in the USA.

The glass replacement is quite expensive just shy of £300. Im not going through insurance I will pay for it. The only issue is I had the trim wrapped and also the glass tinted so that will add to the cost.

The alarm didn't go off nor did I get notified on the app. Im guessing the impact of the emergency glass breaker wasn't enough to cause it to go off. Time of the incident was 21:15

with Regards to making the glass shatterproof I have already got on my front windscreen a security film called Clearplex. This is intended for windscreens to stop rock chips and it is very good.

There are videos online showing how good the protection film is as it doesn't allow the glass to shatter, only after a numerous number of impacts.

I will defiantly get the two small windows done as they are susceptible to this kind of attack.

Will keep you guys posted.

Stay Safe!

Hi Guys,

Im quite surprised that they don't stock it due to the number of incidents happening in the USA.

The glass replacement is quite expensive just shy of £300. Im not going through insurance I will pay for it. The only issue is I had the trim wrapped and also the glass tinted so that will add to the cost.

The alarm didn't go off nor did I get notified on the app. Im guessing the impact of the emergency glass breaker wasn't enough to cause it to go off. Time of the incident was 21:15

with Regards to making the glass shatterproof I have already got on my front windscreen a security film called Clearplex. This is intended for windscreens to stop rock chips and it is very good.

There are videos online showing how good the protection film is as it doesn't allow the glass to shatter, only after a numerous number of impacts.

I will defiantly get the two small windows done as they are susceptible to this kind of attack.

Stay Safe!
How long have you had the ClearPlex on your windshield? Have you gone through car washes? I’m mainly interested to see how it holds up to micro scratching and therefore visibility. Thanks!

Hi Guys,

Stay Safe!
How much did the windscreen cost?
Would be interested to know how much it would be for the 2 back windows as well.
Also are you able to buy this to diy?