Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audi E-Tron GT Versus Tesla Model S: By The Numbers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And it's also neat that Tesla bends over backwards to praise the competition, but in this instance, they inflate the Audi E Tron GT, and offer a stilted comparison with an entry level S selling for $65K (where there is every reason to believe that any E-tron GT close to what they have pictured here will be priced at $100-120K). It's kind of a bit bizarre when Tesla could be credibly accused of trolling their own products
I'm confused. Can you link where Tesla is the source of this commentary you reference?

• Helpful
Reactions: EinSV
I get your point, but you seem to be missing mine. If TMC reprints this as is, does that really change anything in the piece that might be at least somewhat misleading, biased, and/or misinformed? Or no?

I get your point, but you seem to be missing mine. If TMC reprints this as is, does that really change anything in the piece that might be at least somewhat misleading, biased, and/or misinformed? Or no?
Irrelevant. Even if you think TMC is agreeing completely with everything the article was saying (which they aren't), TMC isn't Tesla, Inc.

Look at the bottom of TMC pages:
Tesla Motors Club LLC (TMC) is an independent enthusiast organization and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors, Inc. or its subsidiaries.

Reactions: skitown
Go eTron! This car looks like a clone of model S gen 1... and similar specs on paper to what I get. What's estimated price? Maybe it will be out by the time my S is finished.. but I got my eye on a model 3 perf!
The estimated price is around 125.000 euro or 140.000 dollar. Again a point for Tesla. And then the kWh price at Tesla is 25-30 eurocents en at the Ion-supercharger 60-80 euro-cents. Again a point for Tesla. At the time that Audi is on the market Tesla model S performs well over the Audi. This comperison is based on a old S from 2018.

This will definitely be priced below Porsche Taycan 4S which starts at 105,000€ including 19% VAT in Germany.
I expect around 95,000€ incl. 19% VAT, so around 80,000€ excluding VAT or $90,000 for Americans.

I hope form you that that is correct. It has alway been annouced to be priced on 125.000euro and if it becames 80.000 euro then they wil not sell the Audi e-tron Sportback any more.
Audi e-tron GT.JPG