Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio menu bar no longer offers USB as an option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am running 2020.24.6.1 on my Model 3. I have a number of issues that revolve around the Audio System, but let me start with this one: where did “USB Music” go?? This no longer shows up on the audio menu bar as an option. I have a ton of personal music on a USB mini-HD that is plugged into one of my USB ports. It has worked fine in the past. Does anyone know what happened??

I tried the steps you listed - unplugging, resetting the computer, replugging - to no avail. It changed nothing. I do not have a USB option on my audio menu bar. Furthermore... I now have a “Phone” option. I don’t recall when it first appeared - I just noticed it today
either the drive is not secure to the connector or it takes a while for the computer to re-read the drive (or, rather, the index file).

just yank it out and put it back in again
v. Hv

I made a very dumb mistake when I tried to evaluate what might have gone wrong here. The problem was completely my fault and was the result of careless connection of wires in the dark and hard to see (without a flashlight) storage area at the front of the center console where the car’s USB ports are located. Finally attacking the problem with plenty of light and reconnecting wires and USB plugs solved my issue in short order. I Am embarrassed, and I apologize for even posting this non-problem here.

Reactions: GenralSpecific
I made a very dumb mistake when I tried to evaluate what might have gone wrong here. The problem was completely my fault and was the result of careless connection of wires in the dark and hard to see (without a flashlight) storage area at the front of the center console where the car’s USB ports are located. Finally attacking the problem with plenty of light and reconnecting wires and USB plugs solved my issue in short order. I Am embarrassed, and I apologize for even posting this non-problem here.

No reason to be .. glad you figured it out :)