Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August 2022 Order date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New to the forum here from Northeast Alabama!
Didn't see a "July 2022 Order Date" thread, but ordered my Model Y Performance MSM, White interior, Enhanced Autopilot on July 14th. EDD originally was 9/6-9/20. It's changed about 6 times and now it's looking like 11/10-11/16. It updated to that this week, and I happened to get a VIN assigned as well!
Looking at the VIN decoder, it's a 2023 model, and coming from the Fremont location. Fingers crossed!!!

Ordered 8/12/22, 7 seater LR, red. App has been sating December 2022 for quite sometime, including yesterday. Today I was assigned a vin. Confirmed with the SA it's not a rejected car, very surprised to have it move up so quick as I know the 7 seaters particularly are taking forever.

Just an FYI, for anyone in a similar boat / looking for placing their order on hold...

When we first ordered on 8/8/2022, our EDD was Feb 20 - April 17, 2023. That was fine, since we have a lease on a current car expiring in March. But with our EDD moving closer and closer, and now within December (18-31), we decided to reach out with our Sales Advisor to see if we could get a hold placed on our order. She said we could get a hold placed until 1/1/2023. Not sure how they chose that date, as I was assuming they may let us hold until 2/20/2023, which was the first date of our initial EDD window. In any case, delaying to Jan should help us to not have overlapping car payments, plus now there may be the bonus of getting the tax credit since we'll now be getting the car in 2023.

Just an FYI, for anyone in a similar boat / looking for placing their order on hold...

When we first ordered on 8/8/2022, our EDD was Feb 20 - April 17, 2023. That was fine, since we have a lease on a current car expiring in March. But with our EDD moving closer and closer, and now within December (18-31), we decided to reach out with our Sales Advisor to see if we could get a hold placed on our order. She said we could get a hold placed until 1/1/2023. Not sure how they chose that date, as I was assuming they may let us hold until 2/20/2023, which was the first date of our initial EDD window. In any case, delaying to Jan should help us to not have overlapping car payments, plus now there may be the bonus of getting the tax credit since we'll now be getting the car in 2023.
Which number did you call ?

Sorry for the long post, but it’s worth reading:

We woke up Saturday morning to an assigned VIN for our MYLR that we ordered on August 5, 2022. Our original EDD was January 2023 through March 2023 which was going to work for us and it would potentially be applicable for the EV tax credit (bill wasn’t passed at that time). Since we ordered, the EDD has changed several times and this morning the EDD was between December 20 through December 31st. The strange thing was that the app wanted us to schedule for delivery next week.

The facts seemed misaligned, so we drove to the Tesla Service Center to talk to a human. We talked to a SA that was very nice and she explained that if we wanted to take delivery after January (our original EDD) that we should cancel the order and start over in January. We asked about deferring this VIN and taking the next available one and she indicated that this is an option. It wasn’t made clear to us on how to do this, but it sounded like we needed to reply to a text that would be coming from Tesla at a later date.

Upon arriving back home, we received a text from the SA (that we just talked to) asking us to schedule a tentative appointment for pickup (next week) along with a second text with her contact information and for us to contact her if we have any questions. My wife and I were both confused, so I responded with the desire to defer on this VIN while keeping our account open. The next text indicated that we needed to respond with the words “MOVE ON” , which would place a 7 day hold on the account and that we’d have to take the next assigned VIN or be subject to cancelation. I replyed to the text with the words “MOVE ON”. After several seconds, we got another text that said the hold was complete and that since our initial EDD started in January that the account would remain on hold until after that date unless we unlocked it. All of these texts from Tesla appeared to be “canned” responses.

So, It appears that Tesla is honoring the original EDD if it fell after January 2023, but they aren’t being forward with this information. Others on this forum have placed holds until January and this is probably why/how it’s done.

On the positive, we are now on a hold until after January 1st and I now have an idea for a vanity license plate: “MOVE ON”.

Reactions: Qizhi
Sorry for the long post, but it’s worth reading:

We woke up Saturday morning to an assigned VIN for our MYLR that we ordered on August 5, 2022. Our original EDD was January 2023 through March 2023 which was going to work for us and it would potentially be applicable for the EV tax credit (bill wasn’t passed at that time). Since we ordered, the EDD has changed several times and this morning the EDD was between December 20 through December 31st. The strange thing was that the app wanted us to schedule for delivery next week.

The facts seemed misaligned, so we drove to the Tesla Service Center to talk to a human. We talked to a SA that was very nice and she explained that if we wanted to take delivery after January (our original EDD) that we should cancel the order and start over in January. We asked about deferring this VIN and taking the next available one and she indicated that this is an option. It wasn’t made clear to us on how to do this, but it sounded like we needed to reply to a text that would be coming from Tesla at a later date.

Upon arriving back home, we received a text from the SA (that we just talked to) asking us to schedule a tentative appointment for pickup (next week) along with a second text with her contact information and for us to contact her if we have any questions. My wife and I were both confused, so I responded with the desire to defer on this VIN while keeping our account open. The next text indicated that we needed to respond with the words “MOVE ON” , which would place a 7 day hold on the account and that we’d have to take the next assigned VIN or be subject to cancelation. I replyed to the text with the words “MOVE ON”. After several seconds, we got another text that said the hold was complete and that since our initial EDD started in January that the account would remain on hold until after that date unless we unlocked it. All of these texts from Tesla appeared to be “canned” responses.

So, It appears that Tesla is honoring the original EDD if it fell after January 2023, but they aren’t being forward with this information. Others on this forum have placed holds until January and this is probably why/how it’s done.

On the positive, we are now on a hold until after January 1st and I now have an idea for a vanity license plate: “MOVE ON”.
Thank you so much for this! I ordered a day after you and had similar EDD, then date change, and then text this morning to schedule delivery. I scheduled for layer this week, but would really like to wait until January if possible. Will try calling my SA tomorrow and see what happens.

MYLR7, MSM, Black Int, 19" wheel, no tow, basic AP
OD: 8/10/22
EDD: just updated today to Dec 5 - Dec 31
DC: Renton, WA

Also surprised that 7 seater moved up this quickly, I will be requesting a hold on the order.
Just to provide an update, when I ordered my EDD was Feb - April 2023 so I texted Tesla (via the number they texted me to finish registration info) that I'd like to request a hold. They replied ask when do I want to take delivery, I replied April, and they immediately accommodated it. Got an email and text stating the hold has be set for 04/01/2023. I'm surprised how smooth the process is, took me a grand total of 3 text messages.

Reactions: bsmith922
MYLR5, White, White Int, 19", no tow, basic autopilot
OD: 8/24/22
EDD: updated last night to Jan 3 - Feb 7 2023
DC: Atlanta, GA

After sitting at Dec 2022 for a long time, EDD on Monday 11/14 went to 12/29-12/31. I got the autogenerated text message the same day saying to prepare for delivery over the next "several weeks." And late last night EDD updated to 1/3/23-2/7/23. I've read where something similar has happened to others and a few days later they oddly got a VIN. 🤞but I'm not getting my hopes up. I am open to white or red exterior. I'm considering calling the DC and seeing if there's a way to also get on the list for red builds that get put on hold.