Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August 2022 Order date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR Ordered 8/29: EDD March-June
8/30 EDD Jan 2- Feb 28
8/31 EDD December

Thought I was safe with an EDD of March-June in order to get the tax credit. At this rate, I’ll have the Y by this w/e! Really don’t want the car until Jan. Will have to delay as much as I can.

I just had my August order date EDD jump forward a lot too. I was really hoping to get it after 1/1 for the new credits. Hoping I get pushed back a bit now...

• MY LR
  • 5 Seats
  • Black Interior
  • Midnight Silver
  • 20" Wheels
  • No FSD
  • Located in Southern California

• OD: 8/8/2022
  • EDD 8/8/2022: Feb 20 - Apr 17, 2023
  • EDD 9/1/2022: Dec 2022

Hello everyone. New member, first post. I've been looking at this site for a while now.

I ordered my MY in August with initial delivery in April-July. It's now Dec 5th - January 16th.
I've heard about putting an order on hold for 30 days. Is that still possible? I won't accept it in December. I rather lose $250 than $7,500.

Hello everyone. New member, first post. I've been looking at this site for a while now.

I ordered my MY in August with initial delivery in April-July. It's now Dec 5th - January 16th.
I've heard about putting an order on hold for 30 days. Is that still possible? I won't accept it in December. I rather lose $250 than $7,500.
As of now I think it is still possible. But who knows if Tesla will change policy when they are inundated by hold requests come December.

Is your order a base order MYLR with no options? If you have a MYLR with one or more options then one way to delay would be to change order to no options and that typically delivers 3 months later. Although with Apr-July EDD initially I assume you are already no option order?

Telsa is rumored to raise prices in September...that would make a cancelled order and a new order more expensive but still the $7500 would be way more than the $1-2K price increase that may occur. Although Tesla could do another increase in December to cut down on cancellations. So hard to predict.

There a lot us in the same situation. When I initially ordered, the EDD was January to April 2023, which fit my timeline and made it eligible for the tax credit. We’ll have to see how this plays out, but I’m willing to lose the deposit to get the tax credit. That’s just simple math.

As of now I think it is still possible. But who knows if Tesla will change policy when they are inundated by hold requests come December.

Is your order a base order MYLR with no options? If you have a MYLR with one or more options then one way to delay would be to change order to no options and that typically delivers 3 months later. Although with Apr-July EDD initially I assume you are already no option order?

Telsa is rumored to raise prices in September...that would make a cancelled order and a new order more expensive but still the $7500 would be way more than the $1-2K price increase that may occur. Although Tesla could do another increase in December to cut down on cancellations. So hard to predict.
Thank you for the reply. I did order a MYLR with no options. I went on Tesla's website without logging in and it didn't appear any change would change the EDD. I tried calling earlier this week to ask about a hold but I was on hold forever and eventually just hung up without talking to anyone. I'll try again.
Originally I was on the fence with grey or white. First was grey. When my EDD changed to December I changed the color to white which moved the EDD back to April. Then shortly after the EDD went to December again.

Thank you for the reply. I did order a MYLR with no options. I went on Tesla's website without logging in and it didn't appear any change would change the EDD. I tried calling earlier this week to ask about a hold but I was on hold forever and eventually just hung up without talking to anyone. I'll try again.
Originally I was on the fence with grey or white. First was grey. When my EDD changed to December I changed the color to white which moved the EDD back to April. Then shortly after the EDD went to December again.
Yeah if you already have a base order (white or grey with 19" and no other options) then no change is going to delay any further. "December" seems like a placeholder date for now (or do you have exact date range in December?). I would wait till it resets to a specific date range. For a base order I think you would still have a pretty good chance of not getting it till 2023 anyways unless supply really improves.

My original base order from March 11th had December EDD. So an August order getting fulfilled in December seems like a long shot. Although you are paying 2 price hikes more than my order so Tesla does sometimes prioritize higher margin orders and doesn't always follow a first come, first served model.

MYLR Ordered 8/29: EDD March-June
8/30 EDD Jan 2- Feb 28
8/31 EDD December

Thought I was safe with an EDD of March-June in order to get the tax credit. At this rate, I’ll have the Y by this w/e! Really don’t want the car until Jan. Will have to delay as much as I can.
That is going to be tough. Tesla now updated delivery time Dec - April fir MYLR if you order now. It will likely be even sooner as everyone is waiting on tax credit.

Yeah if you already have a base order (white or grey with 19" and no other options) then no change is going to delay any further. "December" seems like a placeholder date for now (or do you have exact date range in December?). I would wait till it resets to a specific date range. For a base order I think you would still have a pretty good chance of not getting it till 2023 anyways unless supply really improves.

My original base order from March 11th had December EDD. So an August order getting fulfilled in December seems like a long shot. Although you are paying 2 price hikes more than my order so Tesla does sometimes prioritize higher margin orders and doesn't always follow a first come, first served model.
That is interesting!! Almost illegal but I see why they would do that.

I have specific dates, December 5 - January 16.
I knew there were a ton of reservations already, but come on. I just ordered this thing August 22nd, less than two weeks ago!

Reactions: arbitrage000
That is interesting!! Almost illegal but I see why they would do that.
Yeah, Tesla has some serious logistics issues. There are people in the August 2021 order thread still just getting cars. They are paying at least 4 price hikes less than a current order. For the most part Tesla is fulfilling Dec 2021 and Jan 2022 MYLR orders right now with some Feb and a few Mar starting. It is all over the map with little rhyme or reason.

MSM MYP, No Tow, Basic AP
OD: 08/26/22 EDD October - November
8/27 EDD: 10/9/22 - 11/13/22
8/31 EDD: 10/2/22 - 10/30/22

Black MYP, No Tow, Basic AP
OD: 08/28/22 EDD September - October
8/29 EDD: 10/2/22 - 10/30/22

Delivery: Tyson's, VA

Just a heads up. After about 10 minutes on hold I talked to a rep about putting my MY on hold. I was told you can put your order on hold up to the original delivery date when first ordered as long as you didn't add any upgrades. I was put on hold while he talked to someone else who put my order on hold. I was told I can remove the hold via the app. It wasn't real clear if I would go to the back of the line or how long I would have to wait once I removed the hold. I'm not really concerned. I just needed the car put on hold long enough to ensure a delivery date after January 1st.

Reactions: arbitrage000
MSM MYP, No Tow, Basic AP
OD: 08/26/22 EDD October - November
8/27 EDD: 10/9/22 - 11/13/22
8/31 EDD: 10/2/22 - 10/30/22

Black MYP, No Tow, Basic AP
OD: 08/28/22 EDD September - October
8/29 EDD: 10/2/22 - 10/30/22

Delivery: Tyson's, VA
To be clear you've ordered 2 MYP's..? Is your intention to take whichever one comes first..? I've thought about doing the same thing.