Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August Order Estimate Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Used Plaid for down payment. Loan (DCU) via check. I kind of wanted to avoid plaid entirely but that was the step I decided just to take the easy road. It worked just fine, really seamless for me.

Also should be noted I knocked SAs universally here. Once I had to actually start calling Tesla everyone I spoke to was great. Manager at my DC was great. Helped me when I picked up too. I think I got a lazy SA who even didn’t respond when Tesla finance copied him in. Overall customer service was very good.

Also, complete the steps in the app before you show up. It’s pretty cool to have a sales process be “your car is there. After you check it out hit accept and it will unlock and you can drive it off.”
My experience and reactions mirror yours. My official SA ghosted me early on. But when I called WC store directly during weeks preceding deliver, everyone was very helpful. The people at Fremont were equally helpful. I think our frustration was borne of the long wait. But it all turned out good in the end. Now we can enjoy learning new things about our Teslas and enjoy driving them.

My experience and reactions mirror yours. My official SA ghosted me early on. But when I called WC store directly during weeks preceding deliver, everyone was very helpful. The people at Fremont were equally helpful. I think our frustration was borne of the long wait. But it all turned out good in the end. Now we can enjoy learning new things about our Teslas and enjoy driving them.
Is your SA assigned to you from a local store? Or are they randomly assigned? ...Feel like I should call the store rather then SA.

Is your SA assigned to you from a local store? Or are they randomly assigned? ...Feel like I should call the store rather then SA.
I had an SA assigned once I ordered car. He and I had words early on, as I said something unflattering about his majesty Elon Musk, and SA got all bent out of shape and would never respond to my texts, even after I made sure he understood my irritation with Musk had nothing to do with him. Sometimes SAs are helpful, sometimes not. I think the Tesla staff is starting to understand the frustration we are going through with long waits and is trying to be more helpful.

need that EOQ sale! lol
Wow! After waiting for four and half months they give you exactly one day to get your financing in order and pick up the vehicle?

Congratulations on your new car!
Lol yeah. They put my delivery at 7pm tomorrow so I’m going to call them to move it forward since I plan on drinking already at that time 😂. I have a feeling you’re going to be coming up soon! Seems like all SoCal deliveries are on hold for now because of the grapevine

I ordered from store with my SA. But honestly they only reach out to you when car is ready. Tesla will auto generate and update if any changes. Such as VIN assigned and schedule delivery tasks. When I needed to communicate I just emailed store and got a call back each time within 24 hours.

Reactions: BGOwner and ap105
btw cars keep on appearing at-least here in bay area when you check the inventory page. Mostly they are performance models though.
They have produced more MYP relative to orders, so cancellations of MYP may show up in inventor. Not gonna happen with MYLR though. If you want MYLR early then you are faced with a resell with $5-10k premium to current new car order prices.

Reactions: 45thParallel
I keep checking those exisitng cars and think how pricey they are, then again my buddy said sell your tesla once you get it as you will make few thousand bucks, for now NO, I am taking it, no more waiting lol
The problem with buying and selling is that much of the profit from selling gets eaten up by taxes and by having to pay sales tax and license and registration fees on new tesla.

The problem with buying and selling is that much of the profit from selling gets eaten up by taxes and by having to pay sales tax and license and registration fees on new tesla.
Good point! it’s easy for him to say that, meanwhile, I am down to pick up my MYLR even if Tesla calls me today and say “hey you gotta come to Fremont CA for a pickup!
i’ll do it, I will pay for that flight ticket and drive it back!!

Anybody else moved from checking your app every hour to “log off and logon just in case the servers needs a refresh”?
I know I have
I’ve checked the app and the web page a few times and they’re never out of sync.

However in my experience nothing ever changes until you’re 2 days into your EDD window at least.

Edit: this has been my experience since first entering the EDD window on 11/23. Before that things moved around randomly.

Last edited:
Reactions: eric.freeman
I’ve checked the app and the web page a few times and they’re never out of sync.

However in my experience nothing ever changes until you’re 2 days into your EDD window at least.
Well my EDD was 1/8-2/5 and I got a VIN today so now I can confidently say that your EDD doesn’t mean much. It could come much sooner than it