Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications and Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered:7/27
VIN 8/16 36XXX
Delivery Date: 9/5
Delivery shifted to early while out of town and unmatched from VIN 8/29
VIN: 9/7 45XXX
Delivery Date: 9/19
Spec: MY LR White black int 20" wheels

Well, I had to reject my car today.... Vin 36xxx. The front passenger door has a big indent at the bottom that I was worried about. It was so deep it chipped the rocker panel paint. Each door needed a slight adjustment, some more than others. The headlights didn't fit their hole either. It had new taillights though! Lol

Back in the queue...

All right! One week later and I'm back in! Called Tesla to check in and I have a new VIN of 44xxx. Born 9/4. Its on the train to Chicago. Should hopefully be able to take delivery sometime later next week :). Fingers crossed it comes out with minor (or zero) issues!

Reactions: Stach
Ordered 9/28
VIN 9/7 482xx
MVPA - not yet.
Pickup - 9/24 (scheduled by tesla)

Oddly enough we tried to get insurance on it, as we also have delivery date-- it has an entirely new VIN prefix. Progressive is saying it is not valid. I called tesla to double check -- they claim it's correct.

5YJYGDEE9 is what is confirmed by Tesla, but insurance company claiming it has to be 5YJYGDEE0

Wonder if there is a change in the car to facilitate a vin change?? Can anyone confirm if their vin has a 9 or 0 in it??

Ordered 9/28
VIN 9/7 482xx
MVPA - not yet.

Oddly enough we tried to get insurance on it, as we also have delivery date-- it has an entirely new VIN prefix. Progressive is saying it is not valid. I called tesla to double check -- they claim it's correct.

5YJYGDEE9 is what is confirmed by Tesla, but insurance company claiming it has to be 5YJYGDEE0

Wonder if there is a change in the car to facilitate a vin change?? Can anyone confirm if their vin has a 9 or 0 in it??
My vin has a 9

Ordered 9/28
VIN 9/7 482xx
MVPA - not yet.

If I'm counting correctly that is the check digit. You can verify that (you need the whole VIN). Mine is '2' for example.

Here's one place to verify - https://www.cjponyparts.com/resources/check-digit-calculator

maybe a better one - VIN Decoder – TeslaTap

Last edited:
I'm scheduled for delivery tomorrow 9/8. Got a call today to go over the details and it went well with my questions on asking about inspections.

The one surprise was the payment. Yes I can pay after inspecting the car. No, they won't take a personal check for the balance. Yes, I asked specifically when I ordered (at the store) using the term "personal check" and was told yes. In these uncertain times<g> I can't get a certified check that quick as I have to make an appointment to get inside my bank.

So I will have to give them the account etc. I was told that they never get the account, that it is done by a third party, etc. But thought I'd post this so others, at least at the Lawrence NJ store, know that they can't write a personal check regardless of what the sales person tells you.

The biggest problem will be logging in. I use password manager generated passwords that will take me 3 or 4 times to get right (sometimes never) if I have to type in manually. So I've changed my password to something simple and will generate a new password after they take my money. Just a suggestion.

Ordered 8/13
8/19 got text saying expected 2-5 weeks.
9/2 got text saying still 2-4 weeks :(

Nothing further yet. I see a lot of people saying something about contacting a SA. How does one get one of those. Just placed an order online, don't know if I have one assigned or if I did something wrong

LR AWD everything stock except blue paint. Central NJ, plan to pick up in Lawrence.

• Funny
Reactions: qdeathstar
Ordered 8/13
8/19 got text saying expected 2-5 weeks.
9/2 got text saying still 2-4 weeks :(

Nothing further yet. I see a lot of people saying something about contacting a SA. How does one get one of those. Just placed an order online, don't know if I have one assigned or if I did something wrong

LR AWD everything stock except blue paint. Central NJ, plan to pick up in Lawrence.

Call the closest Tesla Store and ask who is the SA assigned to your account.

Thanks! Will do. I'm actually almost completely equidistant to Springfield, NJ, and Lawrence, NJ. I guess I'll try Lawrence when they open tomorrow.
where abouts?

They are less than 2 miles different for me in Hillsborough.

I went to Springfield in March before the shutdown. Wouldn't say it was a bad experience, but I ordered from Lawrence. Figured if I established some relationship, it might be better. And I had taken my wife to a doctor appt a couple miles away and went there while waiting. The rest is history. I was able to order and get back to the doctor parking lot before she was the wiser<g> Admittedly I don't have a lot of data points here, but I'd go back to Lawrence before Springfield at this point.

I'll find out tomorrow how well I like the Lawrence delivery. Of course if I don't like the car, I'll probably complain and bad mouth them whereas if it is in great shape, I'll be happier and sing their praises.

I'm scheduled for delivery tomorrow 9/8. Got a call today to go over the details and it went well with my questions on asking about inspections.

The one surprise was the payment. Yes I can pay after inspecting the car. No, they won't take a personal check for the balance. Yes, I asked specifically when I ordered (at the store) using the term "personal check" and was told yes. In these uncertain times<g> I can't get a certified check that quick as I have to make an appointment to get inside my bank.

So I will have to give them the account etc. I was told that they never get the account, that it is done by a third party, etc. But thought I'd post this so others, at least at the Lawrence NJ store, know that they can't write a personal check regardless of what the sales person tells you.

The biggest problem will be logging in. I use password manager generated passwords that will take me 3 or 4 times to get right (sometimes never) if I have to type in manually. So I've changed my password to something simple and will generate a new password after they take my money. Just a suggestion.
please don't give them access to your account......please try and be firm that you are allowed to pay with personal check........

Ordering a New Tesla

Final payment is accepted via:

• Electronic check (direct debit) in your Tesla Account
  • Wire transfer
  • Personal or cashier’s check at time of pick-up, with your Reservation Number (RN) and name in the memo line
Note: Credit Cards are only accepted for the initial order fee.

• Informative
Reactions: spokey and CO_MY
where abouts?

I went to Springfield in March before the shutdown. Wouldn't say it was a bad experience, but I ordered from Lawrence. Figured if I established some relationship, it might be better. And I had taken my wife to a doctor appt a couple miles away and went there while waiting. The rest is history. I was able to order and get back to the doctor parking lot before she was the wiser<g> Admittedly I don't have a lot of data points here, but I'd go back to Lawrence before Springfield at this point.

I'll find out tomorrow how well I like the Lawrence delivery. Of course if I don't like the car, I'll probably complain and bad mouth them whereas if it is in great shape, I'll be happier and sing their praises.

Yeah, funny you say that. I have been to both as well. I too found the experience at Lawrence much more pleasing. Springfield certainly wasn't bad per se, but that's why I chose Lawrence as the delivery location.

I'm right on the edge of Bridgewater and Branchburg. I originally test drove a Model Y in Springfield and loved it. The area is a bit of a pain, and I was dumb and scheduled the test drive for like 4:30PM I believe it was. 22 was bumper to bumper due to rush hour. Later I scheduled one for Lawrence, but I model 3 as I was still trying to decide between them.

Hopefully you will be signing the praises and all goes well tomorrow. Hopefully I hear soon. It's not so much the wait as I applied for financing and it's about to expire. Reading a few things on this forum it seems that's a common problem.

• Funny
Yeah, funny you say that. I have been to both as well. I too found the experience at Lawrence much more pleasing. Springfield certainly wasn't bad per se, but that's why I chose Lawrence as the delivery location.

I'm right on the edge of Bridgewater and Branchburg. [SNIP]

Sounds like Milltown RD area. I lived in BW in my teen years.

I might have gone for a M3 but I felt the seats weren't right (6'4"). The MY seemed much better. But the show stopper for the M3 was no hitch. Tried to find out if they were going to start putting them in NA models when the MY came along. My daughter is stealing my outback and disappearing back to Denver so I needed a way to carry bikes.

where abouts?

Do share your experience. I am still waiting for a VIN to be assigned, ordered on 7/28 and the delivery location is at Springfield. But my SA is from Lawrenceville.

Sounds like Milltown RD area. I lived in BW in my teen years.

I might have gone for a M3 but I felt the seats weren't right (6'4"). The MY seemed much better. But the show stopper for the M3 was no hitch. Tried to find out if they were going to start putting them in NA models when the MY came along. My daughter is stealing my outback and disappearing back to Denver so I needed a way to carry bikes.

Yep, that’s exactly the area. I live right off Milltown RD, right next to 4H.

• Funny
please don't give them access to your account......please try and be firm that you are allowed to pay with personal check........

Ordering a New Tesla

Final payment is accepted via:

• Electronic check (direct debit) in your Tesla Account
  • Wire transfer
  • Personal or cashier’s check at time of pick-up, with your Reservation Number (RN) and name in the memo line
Note: Credit Cards are only accepted for the initial order fee.

I had read that and promptly forgot about it. I'll definitely bring my checkbook, reference that. Of course if it comes down it, I'll probably cave.

As an interesting (or perhaps not), she told me certified check. I happen to know that is not the same as a cashier's check.