Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications and Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I locked in my delivery for 9/17. I called for updates along the way, as my previous delivery was early. I was told on Saturday that my car was in Wyoming. It didn't move. I was finally told this afternoon that I wouldn't get my car tomorrow. I have a new date set for 9/22. Their excuse was that it was never stalled, I just shouldn't have gotten such a early date.... something isn't true, but nothing I can do but wait til next Tuesday :(.

Question for the experts. My SA got back to me with my VIN which is 42xxx and said I should have it by oct 1st! Super excited. I asked him the born date since I was expecting a VIN closer to 50xxx. He said it was born sept 12th. Is that possible? Aren’t the vins in chronological order, so if it were born sept 12th wouldn’t it have to be near 50xxx since so many people here are posting vins that high these last few days? Is he lying to me? Is this possibly are car someone rejected?

Question for the experts. My SA got back to me with my VIN which is 42xxx and said I should have it by oct 1st! Super excited. I asked him the born date since I was expecting a VIN closer to 50xxx. He said it was born sept 12th. Is that possible? Aren’t the vins in chronological order, so if it were born sept 12th wouldn’t it have to be near 50xxx since so many people here are posting vins that high these last few days? Is he lying to me? Is this possibly are car someone rejected?

Yesterday I got offered at 45XXX VIN for a Red AWD LR MY. I ordered it on 9/10. Was supposed to be 7-11 weeks. I can’t take it due to not being ready because I still have to sell my current vehicle thinking I had a lot of time. I was wondering if mine was another persons reject too considering the lower VIN. I’ve seen others posting VINS in the 53XXX range. They might not be sequential but who the hell knows. I’m fine waiting a bit. Good luck.

VINs are not sequential and depend on the color and other options.

Reactions: CO_MY
VINs are not sequential and depend on the color and other options.

Leave it to Tesla to not even do VINS in any discernible way. We can’t figure it out. I don’t know when my new Red/LR/Black Interior/19” Gemini’s/No Hitch/No FSD was born but I still can’t take it when they’re telling me I am scheduled due to having to sell my current vehicle after thinking I had 7-11 weeks to do so and it’s only been 1. I can wait a little longer. Too bad no one at Tesla will acknowledge the 3 texts, 1 email and 1 voicemail telling them I can’t accept delivery and then just scheduled me anyway. I guess they’ll get the hint when I don’t show up that day.

My MY w/w lr is 427xx born 8/28. will pick up on 9/21

Well I locked in my delivery for 9/17. I called for updates along the way, as my previous delivery was early. I was told on Saturday that my car was in Wyoming. It didn't move. I was finally told this afternoon that I wouldn't get my car tomorrow. I have a new date set for 9/22. Their excuse was that it was never stalled, I just shouldn't have gotten such a early date.... something isn't true, but nothing I can do but wait til next Tuesday :(.
I went from 9/7 delivery to you will get it by the end of the month. They are so done with me and the frustration is very apparent. She assured me they are looking at our cases every day. I guess I’m in Sales myself and Account Mgmt and communication is critical even if there aren’t any new developments.

Reactions: stlclint
I went from 9/7 delivery to you will get it by the end of the month. They are so done with me and the frustration is very apparent. She assured me they are looking at our cases every day. I guess I’m in Sales myself and Account Mgmt and communication is critical even if there aren’t any new developments.

Same here regarding work, I've wanted to do that job solely to do it properly. I'd be fired in an instance performing how most of the advisors are.

Reactions: stlclint
Order date 09/08, order page shows estimated delivery as 7-11 weeks from order placed date but I just refreshed my order page today and notice the MVPA was uploaded! VIN shows 52807 which suggests that may be a recent build.

I will attempt to contact my advisor today and find out when to expect a delivery date and try to get the born date.

Reactions: 907XCP
Order date 09/08, order page shows estimated delivery as 7-11 weeks from order placed date but I just refreshed my order page today and notice the MVPA was uploaded! VIN shows 52807 which suggests that may be a recent build.

I will attempt to contact my advisor today and find out when to expect a delivery date and try to get the born date.
Congrats! Yeah, it'll be a recent build and your advisor will be able to tell you exactly when it was born (including the time of day!). They should be able to tell you the ETA for arriving in Vegas.

Does anyone know how a Red Model Y with a born date of 9/7 has a VIN of low 45XXX and others have builds in the 53XXX range? How the hell are we supposed to figure this stuff out? What’s everyone’s thought on a 9/7 build for having less issues with Fit & Finish, paint, panel gaps etc. I’d really like to grab this vehicle that’s assigned to me but need to sell my current ride and am fearful there are still too many QC issues. I was expecting a 7-11 week wait that turned into getting an assigned VIN 1 week after ordering.