Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

August/September VIN Notifications and Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Figured I’d post a follow up since I see a lot of doom and gloom in this thread. Picked up my model Y in Scottsdale Arizona on Monday 09/27/2020. Blue over white long range with full self driving. Vin number 53xxx.

There was a bit of a snafu late Sunday when I got a call from them saying the delivery truck had not arrived and was now scheduled for after closing on 9/27. Fortunately the trucker was early and got it there around 11am. So I made the 200 mile trip to head down to Scottsdale. Upon arrival, i did my inspection and signed two forms in about 15 minutes. Their on site rep offered to show me features, but I figured I’d work them out myself.

No issues worth whining about. I noted one rear quarter panel wasn’t in perfect alignment, but realized I didn’t really care.

The car itself is amazing. When they say the tech is ahead of the other companies, that isn’t hyperbole. This is my 9th upper end consumer vehicle and it is by far the best. The interior is absolutely beautiful. So glad I went with the white interior. The leather is so much cooler than my other vehicles with black leather. The seats are really comfortable, more so than expected since I read a lot of complaints.

The camera system is absolutely amazing. I put a solid state drive in it the same day. Yesterday I came across a drunk swerving heavily while going to work. I called it in and got police involved, showed the responding officer the playback in 1080 resolution and they did their thing.

Connecting to your phone is pretty awesome. Their app gives you a lot of information and capabilities. I enhanced this by purchasing the Apple Watch app. At the glance of my wrist I can check my charge data or pop the trunk as I approach. Or as I’m getting ready to leave work, fire up the AC 10 minutes prior to leaving so it’s nice and cool inside. I live in one of the hottest places on the planet, and so far the AC has performed great. Granted this is the tail end of summer, so it’s only like 105F during the day currently. I did note you may run into charging slow down issues if your mobile charger is left in direct sunlight in this kind of heat.

Mileage rates given are definitely in Kansas with the air off. My 46 mile trip to work only eats about 25 miles of range since it’s mostly downhill. Heading home will chew up around 70 miles of range. So it sort of averages out.

Overall it is a lot of fun to drive. The self driving features work well. It handles areas better than I expected. Much of my commute is on a curved mountain road with only a center line. It holds position quite well.

gjHR1j2.jpg

JIuPN74.jpg

7ShD1zT.jpg

oNFCO5T.jpg

Got my stealth back today after being away for a week repairing a front door trim piece and two nicks on the right side and a paint defect on the hatch. Well...like I said they will fix your issues. One thing per the invoice, they corrected a right rear bumper alignment. Then they painted the entire right side of the car. They also removed all of the emblems and painted the hatch too. Of course this made a dusty mess in the interior but I didn’t mind the wiping out. The car was washed and set out nicely for me. BUT.....they had to remove the windows in order to paint my car and the scratched them. So now they will replace them at my house next week. But at least the paint is perfect. So they will fix your issues.........even when they make new ones. But I’m glad to get rid of the rental.

Picked up my Y yesterday. I had minor issues nothing that ruined the experience. Very pleased

Attachments

• 1C80D349-C05E-4B9C-B36A-865854F5BA1F.jpeg
    1C80D349-C05E-4B9C-B36A-865854F5BA1F.jpeg
    397.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 6D48306A-1E24-45BC-A449-96B68DB52E85.jpeg
    6D48306A-1E24-45BC-A449-96B68DB52E85.jpeg
    337.7 KB · Views: 86
  • C70FBB6E-E153-4536-8CBB-891A3DAC575A.jpeg
    C70FBB6E-E153-4536-8CBB-891A3DAC575A.jpeg
    306.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 9C3D40AE-C2AE-43B7-BD4F-93509C481680.jpeg
    9C3D40AE-C2AE-43B7-BD4F-93509C481680.jpeg
    357.7 KB · Views: 74
7A131332-96B1-4617-9384-1925F047F8F9.jpeg 17B600EC-E7DB-4D30-A884-8E6865A19F49.jpeg Got my Y back from the body shop last week. All issues was fixed as I mentioned at the beginning of this thread. In fact the repainted the whole right side of the car. They also repaired the trim which was included in the “Due Bill” from delivery. But....when they took the windows out on the right side to paint the car they scratched them so now I need new right side glass. Oh well...they will fix that too. My Stealth looks even better than it did when it left the factory which is unfortunate but normal for us.

Reactions: Koolio46