Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Australia] Electricity Bills

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reply “
Thank you for your email,

The rates that are shown have no discount applied so if you say purchase the Power Saver, then there is 12% that is still to come off this rate.

Hope this helps but if you have any further questions then please give us a call on 1800 462 668 and we will be more than happy to help.”

I phoned them today. It seems that Ausgrid (my wholesaler) has seasonally suspended peak power charges!! Never heard this before! So currently am only on shoulder and off peak. The new plan does not make sense for my specific case being located on lower north Shore Sydney. Other than the very attractive 4-hour period after midnight, all the other rates are much higher. Given that i have free supercharging for life, - no contest. Since supercharging had dramatically slowed down for me, i was hoping that this would be a solution. At just over 9c it would have been worth it to forget about the supercharger.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
Reply “
Thank you for your email,

The rates that are shown have no discount applied so if you say purchase the Power Saver, then there is 12% that is still to come off this rate.

Hope this helps but if you have any further questions then please give us a call on 1800 462 668 and we will be more than happy to help.”

I phoned them today. It seems that Ausgrid (my wholesaler) has seasonally suspended peak power charges!! Never heard this before! So currently am only on shoulder and off peak. The new plan does not make sense for my specific case being located on lower north Shore Sydney. Other than the very attractive 4-hour period after midnight, all the other rates are much higher. Given that i have free supercharging for life, - no contest. Since supercharging had dramatically slowed down for me, i was hoping that this would be a solution. At just over 9c it would have been worth it to forget about the supercharger.
Thanks @Dborn

From Powershop today. Applies to my rates lower north shore, Sydney.

From 1st July 2018, Ausgrid (the local network company responsible for the poles and wires) introduced summer and winter 'seasons', which are 1 November to 31 March(summer) and 1 June to 31 August (winter) for both business and residential customers. There are no peak charges during April, May, September and October.

ALSO, it appears my other rates remain unchanged, so, i will be going ahead with the rate change. No brainer in the circumstances.

• Helpful
Reactions: Hairyman
PS:
We do dump a lot of power to the grid on sunny days, and as I get train to work, I plan to control the HPWC to charge the car from excess solar during the day, once the house battery is charged. Instead of only relying on off-peak or stored power.
Charging the car directly from excess solar will also be more efficient as the PW2 losses will be avoided.

I have my car on a controlled load circuit that is at around 16c before discount and is energised pretty well all of the time other than between 5-10pm. Since I'm getting 12.5c export I don't really worry about the 3.5c difference and just let the car charge overnight when I get home.

Reactions: paul3
I too have my charger on a controlled load, same circuit as the hot water system.
Legal so long as it's a hardwired system.

To be honest it will save me a few bucks a week, home charging is so damn cheap it's hardly worth shopping around (but I still do, so help me).
I used to pay $5000 a year in diesel, burning every last drop of it. Now I'm using about $1,000/yr in electricity, admittedly from the crappy Liddell coal plant :-(