Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've managed to get around this issue by avoiding having children at all costs
I'm Jealous....

To be honest it doesn't bother me either personally, but will be an interesting discussion if this is confirmed as an issue. Does this hurt resale? Would you even be able to sell a car that doesn't adhere to regs? So assume if there is a fix and a visit to the service centre required probably a good idea.

I'm Jealous....

To be honest it doesn't bother me either personally, but will be an interesting discussion if this is confirmed as an issue. Does this hurt resale? Would you even be able to sell a car that doesn't adhere to regs? So assume if there is a fix and a visit to the service centre required probably a good idea.
There would be some easy explanation into this akin to the first time someone saw a highland and asked where the indicator stalks are hahaha.

• Funny
Reactions: edy80y
Hey folks, any tips for the pick up process?
Counting down the seconds until 10am Wed when I’ll be knocking down the door in Pinkenba 🥳

It happens so fast there are no tips at all. You will be shown to your car and asked to accept it on the app pretty much immediately. Get inside, someone will tell you how to start it, how to adjust your mirrors and seat. And then that’s it.

The lady who showed me my car told me she would come back to answer any questions but I got bored of waiting so just drove out.

I’ve spent longer ordering breakfast than I did collecting this car. Personally I think that is awesome, I had spent so long researching the car that I didn’t need anything other than to just drive the thing out of there.

It happens so fast there are no tips at all. You will be shown to your car and asked to accept it on the app pretty much immediately. Get inside, someone will tell you how to start it, how to adjust your mirrors and seat. And then that’s it.

The lady who showed me my car told me she would come back to answer any questions but I got bored of waiting so just drove out.

I’ve spent longer ordering breakfast than I did collecting this car. Personally I think that is awesome, I had spent so long researching the car that I didn’t need anything other than to just drive the thing out of there.
Sounds much better than the usual new car buying experiance where they "show you the service department, the finance guy, the add on sales person and then there is usually some good looking person who (after you have been worn down so much) tries to sell you carpet protection...

Hey folks, any tips for the pick up process?
Counting down the seconds until 10am Wed when I’ll be knocking down the door in Pinkenba 🥳
i'd just suggest to have a good look for any major paint defects/scratches. Also check scratches on rims and make sure all glass is ok/not scratched and all plastic panels fit is ok. They do try and run you out of there quickly and say if you find an issue to log it in the service section of the app, but I felt better doing a quick look over as i wanted to raise anything biggish before we left.

i'd just suggest to have a good look for any major paint defects/scratches. Also check scratches on rims and make sure all glass is ok/not scratched and all plastic panels fit is ok. They do try and run you out of there quickly and say if you find an issue to log it in the service section of the app, but I felt better doing a quick look over as i wanted to raise anything biggish before we left.
When i was down at the delivery centre test fitting those mats they had a bit of a production line setup with people in there doing polishing etc on new cars.
I wonder if they also could report any major issues before we get deliveries?
From what im hearing the QA has been excellent. As Adelaide cars are trucked from Melbourne, i guess it adds another element where stone or bug damage could occur, but unlikely.

Reactions: ctir and Jules22
When i was down at the delivery centre test fitting those mats they had a bit of a production line setup with people in there doing polishing etc on new cars.
I wonder if they also could report any major issues before we get deliveries?
From what im hearing the QA has been excellent. As Adelaide cars are trucked from Melbourne, i guess it adds another element where stone or bug damage could occur, but unlikely.
The transport to adelaide is in a fully enclosed taughliner. My model S came with a totally scraped front wheel covered in an identical green to the trailer parked nearby. Tesla replaced it and realigned the front end.

Reactions: dronus
Hey all, not sure if right place, question for you highland owners, picking mine up in a couple of weeks yay, So my final invoice says 2023 model year, is this right?

I thought it was meant to say 23.5 or 2024 given I'm buying it this year. There was an earlier email from Tesla stating MY23.5 for insurance and finance purposes?

Can anyone please check to see if theirs is same or if I need to get them to correct it to 23.5.

Thanks!

Attachments

• MY.PNG
    MY.PNG
    13.1 KB · Views: 20
hey guys, also on delivery day, the usual inspect the car etc is on my list of to-dos, just wondering if I was to find any fault and raise it with them, do they fix it on the spot or I have to come back?

Hey all, not sure if right place, question for you highland owners, picking mine up in a couple of weeks yay, So my final invoice says 2023 model year, is this right?

I thought it was meant to say 23.5 or 2024 given I'm buying it this year. There was an earlier email from Tesla stating MY23.5 for insurance and finance purposes?

Can anyone please check to see if theirs is same or if I need to get them to correct it to 23.5.

Thanks!
I would assume it states 2023 as that's the year of production/order year. Or have you placed the order in the last week? Also, what variant did you go with? :)

Thanks!
it will say 2023 there but further down it will say MT351 which indicates highland