Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did a roughly 230km round trip on the weekend mostly on the high way doing over 110k. The car averaged 125wh/km. I have the LR version. Unless my calculations are wrong it will do around 600km with high way driving which sounds very decent. Normal city droning it’s averaging like 145wh/km. I thought it would be the other way around

Favourable wind conditions on highway driving can make a big difference. As can unfavourable winds. I had a run on a very long, flat and straight highway once at 184 Wh/km, entirely due to a headwind. A tailwind could easily reverse that to 125 Wh/km.

Reactions: Jules22
Because some of us are naturally curious and inquisitive people, and like to know such things.
Yeah, absolutely, I was certainly interested in knowing when the lights were going on under regen just so I know what the person behind is experiencing. Nothing worse than being behind a mad braker constantly going from brake to accelarator.

Just good to get a good understanding of where that 'tipping point' is where it activates the brake lights, the same as any good driver would want to understand the limitations and operating parameters of every system in any vehicle they operate (maybe that's the aviation background coming through, but I'd think that would be common sense for the average driver)

Reactions: Vostok
This is going to sound like a weird question (would you expect anything different from me?)

I used my windscreen washing fluid today and was pleasantly suprised how nice it smells…

Does anyone know what they use from factory? Might have to find some so i can keep using it :)

Reactions: AusMar
Doesn't even make the top 10 mate, there were no mentions of pubes and not foot shots, lol

Dunno, I tried looking for something that was ethanol based, but couldn't see anything, ended up ordering this-

Ohh that looks good. I do still have some of the concentrate holden used but it was that red stuff and it keft a white smear on my paintwork above the windscreen which i never was happy about.

Ok so my auto high beam seems to be resolved.
This morning in the dark I ended up going thru all of the light settings: off, parkers etc which didnt fix it but then i turned adaptive high beam off then back on and the A light came back on and it was all good.
This afternoon i noticed the grey A light was back so im assuming its fixed.

If in doubt, turn it off then back on again.

If in doubt, turn it off then back on again.
1710400424752.png

I think this might be it

Last edited:
I guess im just a bit cautious about using wiper fluid that could cause smearing which might affect the camera.
This is from the manual

View attachment 1027815
That confuses me somewhat. Tesla claim to be environmental evangelists, or at least elon musk does, and then they produce a windscreen cleaning system that seems to not work so well with cleaners that do not contain VOC’s. I would have thought reducing VOC’s would be a far stronger outcome for the planet than some of the frivolous outcomes tesla use resources on to produce

Reactions: dronus
That confuses me somewhat. Tesla claim to be environmental evangelists, or at least elon musk does, and then they produce a windscreen cleaning system that seems to not work so well with cleaners that do not contain VOC’s. I would have thought reducing VOC’s would be a far stronger outcome for the planet than some of the frivolous outcomes tesla use resources on to produce
Is the use of limited VOC only pertaining to the anti-freeze capability of the washer fluid?
Ive learnt to drive without stalks and now im learning sbout windscreen washer fluid, life is such an amazing journey!

Is the use of limited VOC only pertaining to the anti-freeze capability of the washer fluid?
Ive learnt to drive without stalks and now im learning sbout windscreen washer fluid, life is such an amazing journey!
Yeah I dont think the anti-freeze is an issue for us in Adelaide, I was more bemused that tesla are encouraging the use of voc’s whilst inisting we can only have vegan ‘leather’ on environmental grounds.

Reactions: dronus