Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to ask if anyone who has a highland has installed mudflaps yet? Obviously a lot of people still waiting but there's loads of mudflap options out there and I'm dubious of reviews, would rather hear from someone who has installed them.
I have some ordered, but cant comment on them yet. I am wary of them rubbing the paint so might put some ppf if they go near the panels

Just wanted to ask if anyone who has a highland has installed mudflaps yet? Obviously a lot of people still waiting but there's loads of mudflap options out there and I'm dubious of reviews, would rather hear from someone who has installed them.

Don’t need them in QLD, it doesn’t stop raining long enough for mud to be an issue. And when it does eventually stop raining the mud will become baked clay within minutes of the sun rising.

Windscreen wipers were a bit erratic in the rain yesterday. Not going when rain was falling, then going fast when rain was light.

Nevertheless, this is the smoothest and quietest and most enjoyable car I’ve ever driven. What a joy!

Oh, and I don’t have the holiday update. Anyone got theirs yet?
I was going to ask about the wipers and how they were going!

So good that you are enjoying it, have you played with the voice commands much?

I was watching a video where someone was moaning about the lack of a button to open the boot from inside the cab (ive never had a car with this, maybe a lever on an older holden) but then it dawned on me you could just press the voice button and tell it to open. Would be handy when at airport or for those with yonnger kids, at school pick ups etc...

I was watching a video where someone was moaning about the lack of a button to open the boot from inside the cab (ive never had a car with this, maybe a lever on an older holden) but then it dawned on me you could just press the voice button and tell it to open. Would be handy when at airport or for those with yonnger kids, at school pick ups etc...
There's a button on the screen which you can press which allows you to open the boot.

yep, open butthole will open the charge port.

May or may not be the first voice command I ever tried...

Yes. This plus many more List of Easter eggs in Tesla products - Wikipedia

Reactions: dronus

I played with voice commands a heap on my second test drive and for me it completely negated the need for any buttons. I set climate temps, fan speed, autopilot on/off, opened the glove box, and turned on/off headlights all with voice, it was one of my favourite parts of the drive

I played with voice commands a heap on my second test drive and for me it completely negated the need for any buttons. I set climate temps, fan speed, autopilot on/off, opened the glove box, and turned on/off headlights all with voice, it was one of my favourite parts of the drive
Yeah, I was surprised how good it was after reading a lot of the complaints on here, I've tried it in a few different Model 3's and it's worked flawlessly even before changing to British English on the last vehicle I had.

Windscreen wipers were a bit erratic in the rain yesterday. Not going when rain was falling, then going fast when rain was light.

Nevertheless, this is the smoothest and quietest and most enjoyable car I’ve ever driven. What a joy!

Oh, and I don’t have the holiday update. Anyone got theirs yet?

Weird that they seem to need a manual start before they begin to work. Just hitting the button once seems to wake them up.
They were better for me yesterday. Erratic? Yes, but they did their job. I didn't have too many worries.

Reactions: DougalVizsla