Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model 3 Highland experiences, tips, tricks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: dronus
tesla are encouraging the use of voc’s

Not sure how you made the leap to "encouraging" when they point out that the use of them is restricted in many countries and states, and say use limited VOC content ONLY in certain conditions. I've no idea of the anti-freeze properties of VOC, but reading between the lines it may be required in some areas that suffer from freezing issues and they are clearly highlighting that it is an issue and should be used in a limited manner only in those circumstances.

Last edited:
2.8.3 seems to be going out widely now, 2.8 only went to a very limited number of vehicles. Seems like we should see 8.3 soon.

Few minor changes - Tesla Update 2024.8 Brings New Menus for WiFi and Bluetooth; Changes to Turn Signal Icons and Hold Mode

Plus the adaptive high beams going out to older vehicles as part of .8
Thanks 🙏

On a separate note its a slightly nicer day in Adelaide today so this morning i took my sunroof shades out and drove around topless. Wow, its like getting another new car again!

I guess im just a bit cautious about using wiper fluid that could cause smearing which might affect the camera.
This is from the manual

View attachment 1027815
Last week filled mine with filtered water (not ordinary tap water, but from our filter), 3 litres the car took, along with 60ml of this concentrate... safe to say works a charm!

1710458285497.png

Not sure how you made the leap to "encouraging" when they point out that the use of them is restricted in many countries and states, and say use limited VOC content ONLY in certain conditions. I've no idea of the anti-freeze properties of VOC, but reading between the lines it may be required in some areas that suffer from freezing issues and they are clearly highlighting that it is an issue and should be used in a limited manner only in those circumstances.
VOC is not a product or brand that you buy off the shelf and add. They are environmentally damaging chemicals used to make products you buy off the shelf. Those that care about the environment search for products with no voc’s. This is why car paints are now typically water based, as the paint manufacturers are starting to show some environmental care. Equally you can now buy house paints with no voc’s. Those that show environmental responsibility either find or create products that do not need these nasty compounds to be functional. A few million cars in cold climates dispensing it into the environment daily via their windscreens is not a small matter.

Reactions: Peterbeans