Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seriously tempted. But not sure whether to believe VicPorts or Mirrat on the timing.

Perhaps it does arrive Sunday morning but Mirrat do the actual logistics side (on Monday)
Someone on Facebook who says they’re in marine traffic monitoring business reckons Mirrat is more accurate.

I’ve been keeping an eye on both Mirrat and VIC Ports schedule info the last couple of days. The Don Juan delays seem to be shown on Mirrat first, and VIC Ports catches up a day or two later.

The gym I go to has a view of incoming vessels, am tempted to go for an extended session tomorrow and Monday just so I’m there 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: voltz
has anyone had any luck requesting slimline black plates with newer deliveries? just realised my final invoice says 'Standard' for the plates...
I too have the word “standard” on my invoice, but the plates fee on my invoice covers the amount VicRoads charges for slimline.

I called Tesla to check, and they confirmed I’ll receive the slimline plates.

The only instance I know where the ugly full sized plates are given to Tesla customers are where the customer wants to install custom plates. Tesla provide the car with the cheapest option for it to be legally registered, because they’re no longer able to facilitate the custom plates themselves. The plates fee on these customer’s invoice reflects the VicRoads fee ($40)

Reactions: thewoo
I too have the word “standard” on my invoice, but the plates fee on my invoice covers the amount VicRoads charges for slimline.

I called Tesla to check, and they confirmed I’ll receive the slimline plates.

The only instance I know where the ugly full sized plates are given to Tesla customers are where the customer wants to install custom plates. Tesla provide the car with the cheapest option for it to be legally registered, because they’re no longer able to facilitate the custom plates themselves. The plates fee on these customer’s invoice reflects the VicRoads fee ($40)
brilliant, thanks for the detail! makes sense they'd get the general issue plates instead in that circumstance. crisis avoided!