Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I nearly bought a magsafe wireless charger thing today, but im going try and chill a bit longer. If the waze-like hazard things gets introduced i could get by with the built in wireless charging. I heard that that can get hot tho as its not ventillated?
Ah interesting, this is the built-in wireless charging pads (below the screen)? That explains why my partner's phone displayed the "phone too hot, charging reduced" warning for a while.

Went shiny on the screen protector, wouldn’t even know it was installed.

Roof screens fold down like as have the wire, but haven’t done this yet. From tests vs other Tesla’s at work it makes the cabin almost 5 degrees cooler on a hot day.

Type 2 cable needed for mainly Chargefox AC chargers - jolt and Evie chargers have the cable as they are DC at least where I live. They are around $200, I have only used once but was my insurance as I didn’t buy the slow PowerPoint charger.

I installed the Hansshow 9” display - there are plenty out there but I based my decision on the guy that was selling his custom M3P for $150k several months back. Easy to install, but it does block airflow. For me running Waze is worth it and it’s paid for itself already. If they ever allow Waze to run on the main display I would remove it…
I bought the EVSE 32a type 2 to type 2 cable. It was $230 but I didn’t want to cheap out on this when connected to an expensive vehicle. I use it for charging at work and on client sites where it’s BYO cable, plus there are many places on the road that offer free charging but you need a cable.

I bought the EVSE 32a type 2 to type 2 cable. It was $230 but I didn’t want to cheap out on this when connected to an expensive vehicle. I use it for charging at work and on client sites where it’s BYO cable, plus there are many places on the road that offer free charging but you need a cable.
I reakon thats the same one i bought. Solid bit of kit.

Reactions: Cocoboy
Good to see some accessory sites starting to list highland compatible parts.
Hopefully they aren’t too different to the mountain I have already stockpiled haha or my neighbour might get a good Xmas present!

I think I prefer the S3XY knob.

Reactions: dronus
yeah, it's a long wait. IMO, the earliest we might see VINs are in early December. That's just going on my previous experience. I also wouldn't be expecting the cars any earlier than Jan. MORE than happy to be wrong though!

I hope you are wrong, but expect you are right.

I'm just a little optimistic due to the fact that all other Asian left-hand drive countries appear to all be given December 2023 as the earliest date for delivery, including New Zealand. Not sure why Australia should be any later.

Reactions: PcS000 and dronus
Yeah, I'm prepared for the worst, but hoping for the best. The fact that they ramped up so quickly and seem to be slightly ahead of schedule gives me hope.

I've also heard some whispers that some of the showrooms are telling people that they are expecting the new display models 'sometime in December' so I'm hoping if they are producing AU cars for showrooms that early that some of the early orders might get filled at the same time.

All wishful thinking, but will just have to wait and see if we get the xmas present or have to wait till next year.

Yeah, I'm prepared for the worst, but hoping for the best. The fact that they ramped up so quickly and seem to be slightly ahead of schedule gives me hope.

I've also heard some whispers that some of the showrooms are telling people that they are expecting the new display models 'sometime in December' so I'm hoping if they are producing AU cars for showrooms that early that some of the early orders might get filled at the same time.

All wishful thinking, but will just have to wait and see if we get the xmas present or have to wait till next year.
I hope we get showroom vehicles before they start shipping them. I want to come and see the whole thing before I throw the cash down

Reactions: dronus
IMG_6861.jpeg

Running ahead of schedule for China deliveries

I hope you are wrong, but expect you are right.

I'm just a little optimistic due to the fact that all other Asian left-hand drive countries appear to all be given December 2023 as the earliest date for delivery, including New Zealand. Not sure why Australia should be any later.
After looking at the reduction in waiting time from dronus’ post, I’m crossing my fingers.

Mine will also be driving this, any tips transitioning from ICE to EV for her? Do you change any settings for to be similar to ICE cars? Will she be doing her test with the Tesla?
Hey mate, well i did start her off in chill mode but that didnt last :)
I got her to just practice the one foot driving but she picked it up really quick, she said it was much easier than our ICE vehicle.
I made sure to tell her that the car STILL has a brake pedal and use it when you know you need to and you cant just rely on the regenerative braking and I saw her use it a few times as she got used to the car. I turned on the auto-off indicator setting which made signaling a bit easier.
She will probably test in the ICE vehicle, I don't know if I could handle her driving it on her own for the test, the anxiety would kill me!!!!
At least she cant drive it once on her P plates.