Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picking up my M3 tomorrow, any accessories I should buy from them or better to get stuff from other vendors?
UMC (granny charger) if you haven't got that sorted out yet (and if you need one). I got boot and frunk mats because my hobby drops a lot of dirt and dust inside the car.

From other vendors I got high intensity boot lights, and a shopping bag hook (really missed this from my previous car). Tray inserts seem popular too (the cabin storage is kind of voluminous).

Also, I got these plastic insert things so I can stick a regular cabin deodorant thing into the airvents.

Awesome post, thank you very much for sharing all the real world experiences! Glad you are loving it, im sure the nuances will get ironed out in time.

As for kerbing the wheels, i also did that on day 2 when i bought my new Calais, its really hard to tell where the side of the car is in relation to the gutter!

I see screen shots of peoples Tesla App changing when a car is associated with it, really looking forward to that and not having the same TBD screen haha.

Enjoy, and thanks again for the info, its really helpful!
I know completely where you're at -- little bits of info keep you going while the waiting time crawls by :D

Yeah, I think a lot of the difficulties with charging will get fixed over time, and also with more experience of what to do (and what not to forget i.e. RFID cards!)

I had heard so much about kerbing the wheels and was being extra careful while I got used to where the corners of the car are. And of course, that's when I managed to kerb them! You can be too careful, I guess :)

It totally threw me when the app switched from EDD display to the actual car info display; I'd been viewing it every morning (ngl) and was so used to it by then. Once it switched over, there's so much you can play with and do with it! Plus, if you have the Tesla wall charger, you can add that too, and see charging sessions and restrict/allow other cars. They really did a great job with the app and integration with the car. Even stuff like being able to monitor the internal temperature, and open the windows slightly to vent (or cabin overheat protection) is just so useful.

Siri shortcuts (if you have an iPhone) are great for opening the frunk without having to open the app. I have an Apple Watch too, and apparently that works too, but I've yet to try it.

Reactions: dronus
I know completely where you're at -- little bits of info keep you going while the waiting time crawls by :D

Yeah, I think a lot of the difficulties with charging will get fixed over time, and also with more experience of what to do (and what not to forget i.e. RFID cards!)

I had heard so much about kerbing the wheels and was being extra careful while I got used to where the corners of the car are. And of course, that's when I managed to kerb them! You can be too careful, I guess :)

It totally threw me when the app switched from EDD display to the actual car info display; I'd been viewing it every morning (ngl) and was so used to it by then. Once it switched over, there's so much you can play with and do with it! Plus, if you have the Tesla wall charger, you can add that too, and see charging sessions and restrict/allow other cars. They really did a great job with the app and integration with the car. Even stuff like being able to monitor the internal temperature, and open the windows slightly to vent (or cabin overheat protection) is just so useful.

Siri shortcuts (if you have an iPhone) are great for opening the frunk without having to open the app. I have an Apple Watch too, and apparently that works too, but I've yet to try it.
Very cool indeed.
I have added my wall connector and it shows up in the app which is really cool. I even asked my neighbour to come over and plug in to test it, so I kinda learnt how to add the car to the charger which was interesting.
I see the Siri Shortcuts pop up from time to time, especially in maps it has an option to send it to the car.
Really looking forward to it!!

Reactions: Zinzilla
UMC (granny charger) if you haven't got that sorted out yet (and if you need one). I got boot and frunk mats because my hobby drops a lot of dirt and dust inside the car.

From other vendors I got high intensity boot lights, and a shopping bag hook (really missed this from my previous car). Tray inserts seem popular too (the cabin storage is kind of voluminous).

Also, I got these plastic insert things so I can stick a regular cabin deodorant thing into the airvents.
My pre-delivery shopping list looks something like this:
  • Mobile Charging Cable
  • Xiaomi portable air compressor (v2)
  • Tyre puncture kit
  • Jack Pads
  • All weather mats and boot protectors (I'm still not sure whether the M3LR Highland will come with mats)
  • Tray insert/s (I will 3D print this/these)

Reactions: dronus
In a lot of the Highland reviews when they show the boot I see a long red accessory in there. Has anyone worked out what that is?

IMG_6827.jpeg

Reactions: MBau
My pre-delivery shopping list looks something like this:
  • Mobile Charging Cable
  • Xiaomi portable air compressor (v2)
  • Tyre puncture kit
  • Jack Pads
  • All weather mats and boot protectors (I'm still not sure whether the M3LR Highland will come with mats)
  • Tray insert/s (I will 3D print this/these)

Ah yes, I forgot the compressor and the tyre puncture kit. Also, I ended up getting a type 2 charging cable (32A) as a backup. It did come in handy last weekend while we were away, but it's hard to say for sure if you'll need it. I see they're on clearance from Supercheap for $150 (which includes a carry case), which is less than some places charge for regular 1-phase. Check the sticky on charging adaptors in this subforum. I think there are also recommendations in there for good extension cables for your granny charger e.g. for holiday house or for charging at relative's places without external powerpoints.

My "regular" (non-Highland) LR came with mats. Are there whispers that the Highland won't?

Great that you can 3d print the tray inserts. I think if I put more stuff in there I would definitely look at getting some. Especially the low one in front of the cupholders is super-deep.

E: just realised I also have a first aid kit. Just a cheapie from Officeworks or somewhere (carryover from previous car). There's a nice spot in the boot where it fits, and I can easily jam in a roll of paper towel and a couple of garbage bags next to it.

Reactions: edy80y
Very cool indeed.
I have added my wall connector and it shows up in the app which is really cool. I even asked my neighbour to come over and plug in to test it, so I kinda learnt how to add the car to the charger which was interesting.
I see the Siri Shortcuts pop up from time to time, especially in maps it has an option to send it to the car.
Really looking forward to it!!

Heh you reminded me, we had the wall charger in for months before we got the car. I was half thinking of getting my friend to come over and charge, just to test it out! Never did in the end, as I didn't want him hanging around all the time, charging his car :D

Reactions: dronus and edy80y
Heh you reminded me, we had the wall charger in for months before we got the car. I was half thinking of getting my friend to come over and charge, just to test it out! Never did in the end, as I didn't want him hanging around all the time, charging his car :D
Ohh I might have accidentally deleted his car from my allow list haha but he does have issues with his power or charger at home I can always re add him remotely. There is a distinct lack of any chargers within kilometres of my house.

Reactions: Zinzilla
I ended up getting a type 2 charging cable (32A) as a backup. It did come in handy last weekend while we were away, but it's hard to say for sure if you'll need it. I see they're on clearance from Supercheap for $150 (which includes a carry case), which is less than some places charge for regular 1-phase.

Out of stock here in SA. Not that i need another one haha. They had type 1 to type 2 cables for the same price, i would have got one of those if they had stock as a back up.
I have some new rubber mats still in a box somewhere, i hope they fit. I cant see why the highlands wouldnt come with normal carpet mats, ive seen then in review videos (ohh boy have i watched a few of them now, probably time to give them a break!)
Tyre repair and inflator kit sounds handy, im trying to hold off buying any more stuff until the car gets here. I can see the trays for the console being handy, and those tubs for the boot. And boot mats, but yeah, should wait to see if the current ones will fit..

Reactions: JBizz
Picking up my M3 tomorrow, any accessories I should buy from them or better to get stuff from other vendors?
I bought:
- rubber boot tray so kids school bags didn’t trash the carpet
- screen protector - cheap investment as I have seen posts where people cracked screens and expensive to replace
- console inlay for storage
- 9” display for running Waze / CarPlay
- tyre repair as mate had a flat on his Y in first week and in Adl tesla don’t provide service on Sundays…
- roof screens
- type 2 cable for public chargers
- controller for games

Look around as prices vary significantly at times for pretty much the same product.

If you buy from Tesla they ship real quick - I have had items delivered before the shipping notification was received.

Enjoy it!

I bought:
- rubber boot tray so kids school bags didn’t trash the carpet
- screen protector - cheap investment as I have seen posts where people cracked screens and expensive to replace
- console inlay for storage
- 9” display for running Waze / CarPlay
- tyre repair as mate had a flat on his Y in first week and in Adl tesla don’t provide service on Sundays…
- roof screens
- type 2 cable for public chargers
- controller for games

Look around as prices vary significantly at times for pretty much the same product.

If you buy from Tesla they ship real quick - I have had items delivered before the shipping notification was received.

Enjoy it!
Nice, I missed the screen protector from my list. Did you get a Matt/anti glare type or shiny?

Where did you buy the 9” display and where is it installed?

Are the roof screens easy to store in the boot when not being used?

The type 2 connector confuses me. Are these required for older models?

I just watched it, really good video. Nice overview of a real customer delivered car, and clearly the new Model 3 is built well. I am very happy with this.
I cant wait until we get ours! They sure are pumping them out.
It would be awesome if giga-berlin made model 3 for the European market instead of just the model Y. Would take a load off Shanghai and speed up deliveries to APAC. Must cost a fair bit to ship from China to Europe.

Reactions: Murphster