Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Source??

There are a lot of Tesla rumours.

Tesla's navigation is different in every region. The map layer is Google, but the underlying navigation comes from different providers - Baidu in China and a combination of Tom-tom, Mapbox and Valhalla elsewhere.
I’ll dig up the link. It was talking about bringing in the data moreso than using any mapping and how that compares to using data gathered by other Teslas

Source??

There are a lot of Tesla rumours.

Tesla's navigation is different in every region. The map layer is Google, but the underlying navigation comes from different providers - Baidu in China and a combination of Tom-tom, Mapbox and possibly OSM elsewhere using the Valhalla engine
My Aplologies, i read it wrong, its "waze like reporting"

So the call i had was to offer me a demo car for another longer drive. The SA was super friendly and nice and was aware that i have an order in an.d have been waiting for a while. What a good way to keep customers keen and not straying over to BYD :)

I've booked in for tomorrow morning :)
Not quite a delivery date, but ill have a chat with them about that tomorrow too..

So the call i had was to offer me a demo car for another longer drive. The SA was super friendly and nice and was aware that i have an order in an.d have been waiting for a while. What a good way to keep customers keen and not straying over to BYD :)

Not quite a delivery date, but ill have a chat with them about that tomorrow too..
Demo of the existing Model 3? Or have they got Highland demo in now?

I assumed they were calling you to ask you to stop refreshing your account page so much as their servers are starting to fall over... ;-)

Nice! see if you can get any intel out of them on when demo models might be arriving. I'm hearing a lot of whispers around December but would be nice to get some confirmation.

Reactions: dronus
Demo of the existing Model 3? Or have they got Highland demo in now?

I assumed they were calling you to ask you to stop refreshing your account page so much as their servers are starting to fall over... ;-)
I’m assuming it’s the old one but was pretty random.

I’m pretty sure we are all contributing to the load on their servers haha. Which reminds me… it’s been over an hour…