Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Waiting for a EDD be like…

IMG_6951.jpeg

I just spoke to them and it was just a little chat. I had some questions that they were able to answer - I was happy with that.
Back to waiting now.

I drove up to Katoomba on the weekend and managed to actually charge in Young on the NRMA charger. It was a pretty good experience for me. I just wanted to try it as I haven't been able to use that charger before - as I don't really need to charge to drive the Bathurst.

Reactions: Cocoboy and dronus
I just spoke to them and it was just a little chat. I had some questions that they were able to answer - I was happy with that.
Back to waiting now.

I drove up to Katoomba on the weekend and managed to actually charge in Young on the NRMA charger. It was a pretty good experience for me. I just wanted to try it as I haven't been able to use that charger before - as I don't really need to charge to drive the Bathurst.
I wonder if they are calling people as the Deliveries of model 3 slows and they have more time on their hands while waiting for delivering the new models and maybe people are cancelling and buying something else as the wait is padding out to 5 or 6 months so a call to keep us on the hook is a good idea.
Sure, they will regret buying a BYD later but it also doesn’t help Tesla sales.

I’m looking forward to not having to pay $2.40 a litre for fuel, that’s forsure

Reactions: PcS000
Back to waiting now.

You were up my neck of the woods. The Katoomba, Leura, Wentworth Falls area is really lacking in decent charging yet I saw about 10 different Teslas on the school run alone.

Reactions: PcS000 and dronus
I wonder if they are calling people as the Deliveries of model 3 slows and they have more time on their hands while waiting for delivering the new models and maybe people are cancelling and buying something else as the wait is padding out to 5 or 6 months so a call to keep us on the hook is a good idea.
Sure, they will regret buying a BYD later but it also doesn’t help Tesla sales.

I’m looking forward to not having to pay $2.40 a litre for fuel, that’s forsure
The app says I have saved $400 in fuel already and that’s including some supercharger top ups which I wouldn’t normally do. I love pulling into servos now and I park next to a bowser, grab a can of drink or a coffee, wash the windows, top up the washer water and off I go. I have had some strange looks already.

Reactions: dronus
I am looking forward to your first post after you get your ride.
I’m thinking about taking lots of photos and writing something but tbh I’m probably going to be too excited to remember to breathe let alone anything else.
Tonight when I was driving home I saw a Tesla but I couldn’t recognise it, maybe you guys can help?
It looked like a model Y but maybe bigger, had the same clean front bumper so not a model S. The thing that thru me was it looked a lot like a model Y but its headlights were different; it had long flat ish daytime running lights unlike the eyelid type I’ve seen in 3and Y. It was the grey colour.
Could it have been a model X?
It had new number plates, standard SA plates but right up there with recently delivered cars. Surely it couldn’t be an X?
Unless their plates got stolen or something..
I had so many questions but would probably have been weird starting up a conversation in moving traffic

Last edited:
Reactions: Cocoboy
The app says I have saved $400 in fuel already and that’s including some supercharger top ups which I wouldn’t normally do. I love pulling into servos now and I park next to a bowser, grab a can of drink or a coffee, wash the windows, top up the washer water and off I go. I have had some strange looks already.
Reverse ICEing, nice!! Haha

Reactions: Cocoboy
I’m thinking about taking lots of photos and writing something but tbh I’m probably going to be too excited to remember to breathe let alone anything else.
Tonight when I was driving home I saw a Tesla but I couldn’t recognise it, maybe you guys can help?
It looked like a model Y but maybe bigger, had the same clean front bumper so not a model S. The thing that thru me was it looked a lot like a model Y but its headlights were different; it had long flat ish daytime running lights unlike the eyelid type I’ve seen in 3and Y. It was the grey colour.
Could it have been a model X?
It had new number plates, standard SA plates but right up there with recently delivered cars. Surely it couldn’t be an X?
Unless their plates got stolen or something..
I had so many questions but would probably have been weird starting up a conversation in moving traffic
The Y and X look very similar, perhaps it was a used X and for a new owner that put new plates, and prev owner could've had custom ones and kept them?

Reactions: Cocoboy and dronus