Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm Paganella is a suspected Tesla ship which went from Shanghai on 18 Oct, via Japan late Oct and docked in NZ 3 days ago. That would line up with the vehicle carrier sighting I guess.

I still wonder if they are the pre-production units that were undergoing testing, but I think they said a couple had the protective film etc. If they are customer deliveries then it sounds like they could be well ahead of schedule.
Yeah im not sure if they would re-wrap some of the pre-production units if they had already been thru the testing, unless they were heading the other way and being shipped back to shanghai maybe...

My bet is they are showroom models being sent ahead of customer deliveries...
Maybe. When I was down at our Tesla delivery place the other week they said they were not expecting showroom or demo cars before actual deliveries, if anything they were expecting them to come at the same time.
I guess maybe because ours get trucked from Melbourne they would be somewhat supply constrained (unless they came by train) so might not have spares.. dunno, just going by what they said :)

Maybe. When I was down at our Tesla delivery place the other week they said they were not expecting showroom or demo cars before actual deliveries, if anything they were expecting them to come at the same time.
I guess maybe because ours get trucked from Melbourne they would be somewhat supply constrained (unless they came by train) so might not have spares.. dunno, just going by what they said :)
That seems to track with what is happening in Europe, customer and showroom vehicles seem to be getting delivered at the same time. Makes sense from an efficiency standpoint as well.

Reactions: dronus
That seems to track with what is happening in Europe, customer and showroom vehicles seem to be getting delivered at the same time. Makes sense from an efficiency standpoint as well.
Still looking for a photo of a yard full of RHD HL ready to go! Although we never see it and the MY guys seem to only know at best when the ship is at sea.. we might be the same.

Reactions: Jules22
and the farting
Most reviews all seem to say the same things and would lead to a disproportionate level of wear and tear on specific components, we have all watched a few by now…

1. Door thunk
2. Led lights
3. Indicator buttons on wheel
4. Wave hands behind wheel to show no stalks
5. The lip at the top of the bonnet
6. The wheel covers
7. Perforated seats
8. Rear screen
9. The front passenger seat being controlled by the rear screen
10. The under thigh leg room
11. Wedging feet under the seats
12. The lights on the boot being one piece
13. The small lights under the boot
14. Dual struts lifting the boot
15. Build quality and panel gaps
16. Front headlights and indicators
17. Swipe gear selecting

Can you think of any more that are in every review? Haha add them below!

I was stupid enough to pay a few bucks to join a patreon site for tracking ships. This was before realising that there were people on Twitter doing the same thing, and even that it doesn't take much searching to find itineries etc.. that give some guesses.

There is a rule about not sharing any info this tracking service give. So even if they did say that people in NZ were receiving VINs for new Model 3's I wouldn't be able to say. So who knows.... 😇

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: dronus and PcS000
I was stupid enough to pay a few bucks to join a patreon site for tracking ships. This was before realising that there were people on Twitter doing the same thing, and even that it doesn't take much searching to find itineries etc.. that give some guesses.

There is a rule about not sharing any info this tracking service give. So even if they did say that people in NZ were receiving VINs for new Model 3's I wouldn't be able to say. So who knows.
Yeah when I look on there it looks like a few people all with the same news. And they are probably getting it from the same place.
The model y waiting room on here has heaps of info that doesn’t even get a mention

I have just taken to checking a shipping map every day and looking at the two piers that Tesla seem to ship from. It seems to be the case that for some reason ships loading up at Southport go to Europe, but no sure if that it a hard rule. It is the pier on the river, first one to the left of the tunnel that seems to pick up Teslas more often. So every day I see a boat there and keep a note and try to figure out where it is going and keep an eye on it.

That's where Don Juan was sitting the other day, and today it has been a ship called 'Nabucco' which has been used as a Tesla ship before and has been to Australia before by the looks.

This is a really really weird game to be playing, I can't believe I have let myself get caught up in it...

Reactions: Jules22 and dronus
I have just taken to checking a shipping map every day and looking at the two piers that Tesla seem to ship from. It seems to be the case that for some reason ships loading up at Southport go to Europe, but no sure if that it a hard rule. It is the pier on the river, first one to the left of the tunnel that seems to pick up Teslas more often. So every day I see a boat there and keep a note and try to figure out where it is going and keep an eye on it.

That's where Don Juan was sitting the other day, and today it has been a ship called 'Nabucco' which has been used as a Tesla ship before and has been to Australia before by the looks.

This is a really really weird game to be playing, I can't believe I have let myself get caught up in it...
Sounds pretty interesting. I recall reading somewhere that as you mention there is one port that usually takes the Europe bound shipments and ours come from another one. WuWa on YouTube generally only films the one that goes to Europe so we would never see ours lining up or getting loaded. Makes sense as you never see model Y getting loaded as the European ones are made in Europe somewhere I think and ours are coming from Shanghai. If it was one port you’d see a lot more pax.
Id get hooked too watching that port and the boats that rock up there.
In a few years we will look back and be like wtf hahaha.
Let me know if you see my stealth grey :)

Although, after a little more research, if Nabucco is picking up RHD Model 3s I would be leaning towards it heading to the UK rather than coming here. It is a big ship, 7,700 cars.

Do we know how many Highlands's have been ordered in Australia by any chance? Can't imagine it is that many?

I am starting to find it a bit weird that we are not more of a priority tbh, you'd have though the Australian market with easy access to BYDs would be seen as a market to satisfy no?

Reactions: dronus
Although, after a little more research, if Nabucco is picking up RHD Model 3s I would be leaning towards it heading to the UK rather than coming here. It is a big ship, 7,700 cars.

Do we know how many Highlands's have been ordered in Australia by any chance? Can't imagine it is that many?

I am starting to find it a bit weird that we are not more of a priority tbh, you'd have though the Australian market with easy access to BYDs would be seen as a market to satisfy no?
I guess it’s hard to tell. There would be a pretty big backlog of AU deliveries.
Anyone that ordered around the week I did would have either been forced to convert to HL, changed to inventory stock or cancelled and done something else. There were still new m3 at the delivery place in Adelaide today and MY.
We could probably work out how many usually get delivered and subtract how many were but I don’t know where to get those numbers from.
I would have thought we would be a higher priority too, and for that very reason that there are ship loads of BYD coming in every day for people to regret buying later.

Are these ships exclusively carrying Tesla? Are they mixed loads? There is heaps of vehicles and machinery coming out of Shanghai

Had a tyre just miss the car today, gave me a chance to rip out the USB stick and find the footage.

image.png

Reactions: PcS000 and dronus