Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_7032.jpeg

So I’m just doing a flight in the sim and there are 2 ships kind of on the way. I’ll fly over and look for teslas

i tried using it but its not as useful as i thought it would be. i prefer using the screen or voice control
Can you do most things using voice control?
I have just gotten used to using Siri in my car to play music, sms etc so it can’t be much different huh? Except with the m3 you can control all the good stuff.
Wonder if you can tell it to indicate left or right?

Didn't try indicating, but yes, most things can be done.

One tip, set it to "British English", I hear a number of people saying that it never understands them unless they talk in an American accent. It doesn't default to British English for voice commands, but someone else recommended that. I tried it both default and British English and didn't have a problem with either, but I used British English most of the time I had the car and even some really obscure street names etc it recognised perfectly so I was very happy with it.

My local car wash / detailer gave some advise a while ago regarding washing, especially after ceramic coating. He say to use a blower (like a small Makita one) to take off the water instead of using a chamois.
That’s what I’ve been doing since I brought mine home - works a treat. Takes all but a few drips off in minutes and then just blot off whatever remains with a microfiber cloth or chamois.

Reactions: edy80y and dronus
Hmmmm I have a couple of Makita blowers, will give it a crack. The benefit though of using a wet applied wax and the mega towel is that once done the car is pretty much dry anyway. I have only just learnt about the tiwo bucket wash but this has been good to make sure no scratches on the paint.
Two words - foam cannon

Hook one up to a pressure cleaner and blow foam all over the car. Let it sit for 5 minutes then gently rinse off. Leaf blower the water away (I do that in the garage). Clean car without water spots in about 10-15 minutes

Can you do most things using voice control?
I have just gotten used to using Siri in my car to play music, sms etc so it can’t be much different huh? Except with the m3 you can control all the good stuff.
Wonder if you can tell it to indicate left or right?
Yeah it's pretty good, play x on Spotify is my go to. Open frunk is another common one. Save dashcam clip has been handy.