Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh you are not wrong.

I have never sat in a Model 3 in my life and yet I could have done that video much better.

****en A, there were so many points he was fumbling around, even his wife Joy knew more about it that he did. But i get it, we are breathing every single detail of this car. He was at a press event, in a dark space, jostling for time with the car, and therefore just straight up didnt know much of what he was looking at. But still, he's supposed to be one of the foremost experts in AU on tesla!

Takeaways from me:
  • Extreme disappointment on USS, I had heard from a Tesla insider (not a SA) that USS was still a thing for us...
  • The red looks ****ing amazing, Murphster, you and i have chosen correctly, all others have failed miserably
  • The cars must have been in the country for a little while, interesting no one had spotted them
  • I've decided to not go to any events as i want to see the car in person for the first time when i pick it up, just so it feels even more special
Feels very close now boys!

Extreme disappointment on USS, I had heard from a Tesla insider (not a SA) that USS was still a thing for us...

I still wouldn't rule it out. If there is such a thing as an "Australian model" then these cars are unlikely to be them anyway. We don't know when they got here and would be as likely to be models made for Malaysia or any other Asian left hand drive countries that got their allocation before us.

Not saying there could be USS, but IMO these cars are not a reason to think there isn't.

Reactions: Tessla88 and dronus
I still wouldn't rule it out. If there is such a thing as an "Australian model" then these cars are unlikely to be them anyway. We don't know when they got here and would be as likely to be models made for Malaysia or any other Asian left hand drive countries that got their allocation before us.

Not saying there could be USS, but IMO these cars are not a reason to think there isn't.
Could anyone elaborate why Aussie vehicles would get USS over any euro/asian specific models? Seems like wishful thinking as they would try to keep versions of the car very much standard (local laws aside) to drive down production costs, allowing for greater efficiencies.

Reactions: MBau
I think this means that there will be a LR in red available. I’m going to hold out for this bad boy.

Also Aussie global scoop I think. First time Tesla have confirmed the new M3P
Maybe.
If you read between the lines it sounds like "someone spoke to some one at tesla at the event" and then suggests that the new M3p will be better than the current one. Carsales are notorious for clickbait.
Would be good to see though.

Reactions: AngryLitig8r
Could anyone elaborate why Aussie vehicles would get USS over any euro/asian specific models? Seems like wishful thinking as they would try to keep versions of the car very much standard (local laws aside) to drive down production costs, allowing for greater efficiencies.
My understanding was it could be 'local laws'. Australia have mandated that all cars sold from 2025 must have rear parking sensors as well as cameras. Of course, that could mean Tesla have a year to worry about it and add them.

If you read between the lines it sounds like "someone spoke to some one at tesla at the event" and then suggests that the new M3p will be better than the current one.
Daniel Ho is the Chief Engineer on the Tesla Model 3 project and launched the Model 3 in Sydney at the event.

"Someone at Tesla" is a bit of an under statement.

I reckon I'll cancel my order and wait for an M3P at this rate.

My understanding was it could be 'local laws'. Australia have mandated that all cars sold from 2025 must have rear parking sensors as well as cameras. Of course, that could mean Tesla have a year to worry about it and add them.
Ahh that I did not know.. I’m thinking the likely outcome if that’s the case is release this car as it is now to pump them out, then release an ‘Aussie refresh’ in Q3 2024 to meet that legislation..

Will he still be after a ton of people cancel their Model 3 LR order while they are being prepped for delivery... ?
Yep, i find this a weird article to read.
Its almost saying - dont buy the current refeshed car, wait for this one... with all this stuff which will be better...

In about a month they will run a story about how there are so many cancelled orders, EVs are not popular, Tesla is a failure etc..

"Clearly, straight-line performance will be improved from the previous Model 3 Performance’s claimed 3.3sec dash to 100km/h."

Will it? well, usually it is, but what are they referring to?

"But Tesla is hinting that there’s a whole lot more to the 2024 Model 3 Performance, including significant hardware and software changes."

uhuh.

"Bigger brakes are locked in; the Model 3 Performance already had bigger stoppers, but it seems the new one will take that even further."

Ok

"Similarly, we’d expect a step up in tyres to ensure they can enhance the extra go."

Would you? So would I.

"It’s unclear whether there will be a widening of the track – to broaden the footprint – but that’s clearly another option.
A more aggressive body kit is also on the table for the new Model 3 Performance, as are interior design tweaks and trim upgrades."

Is this just what someone thinks

Reactions: AngryLitig8r
Surely it is going to come with a price tag as well? It isn't any longer a faster Model 3 but basically a replacement for the Model S.
Ohh yes.
Personally i dont think a car needs to go any faster, unless you are racing it. less than 3.3sec to 100kmh?
Its almost unsafe having a car that can accelerate that fast in todays traffic... in Adelaide especially where the average ping response between brain and body is 15 seconds... other road users wont see it coming... hahaha

My personal preference is good performance, but longer distance manufactured responsibly so we can make an even lower dent on the environment and our hip pockets :)

Its almost unsafe having a car that can accelerate that fast in todays traffic... in Adelaide especially where the average ping response between brain and body is 15 seconds... other road users wont see it coming... hahaha
How do you think I totalled my last one...? Guy running a red light thought he could make it. He could not.

Just a sore thumb! Anyway I have reached out to contacts at CarSales and Tesla.

It doesn't mean much, but I can personally vouch for all claims made in the CarSales article as being legitimate.

This is with the usual caveat that Tesla don't operate on deadlines, see Roadster 2.0, Cybertruck, etc. So anything can happen...