Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Surely it is going to come with a price tag as well? It isn't any longer a faster Model 3 but basically a replacement for the Model S.
This!

The M3P (or ludicrous or whatever) is going to be 'something special', meaning more money. My bet is either just sub 100k or just over 100k. And it will be fast, possibly using a dual motor with plaid motors (heard something to that effect on the unofficial tesla podcast). If it was just a M3P as per before, with same pricing, it would have been already out by now....

Oh my god.. if this happens to any of us... (From the UK thread)..:rolleyes:

"So I went to pick up my new Tesla Model 3 last week on Tuesday and didn't get to go home with it because there were issues with the car. The Tesla thought it was still in Shanghai and the time was also set to Shanghai time. After waiting a few hours they couldn't fix it and sent me home with a loaner car (Tesla Model 3 LR from 2019). Have been calling numerous times but they don't give me an update and earlier this week my VIN was removed from the app. Today the delivery time changed to between 17 december and 31 december, but still no VIN. So I'm assuming they're not able to fix it and giving me a different car. Is there already a ship on the way to Zeebrugge that's planned for between 17 and 31 december?"
Thats the place Zeebrugge - all those EU and UK ships seem to go there

Yep, i find this a weird article to read.
Its almost saying - dont buy the current refeshed car, wait for this one... with all this stuff which will be better...

In about a month they will run a story about how there are so many cancelled orders, EVs are not popular, Tesla is a failure etc..

"Clearly, straight-line performance will be improved from the previous Model 3 Performance’s claimed 3.3sec dash to 100km/h."

Will it? well, usually it is, but what are they referring to?

"But Tesla is hinting that there’s a whole lot more to the 2024 Model 3 Performance, including significant hardware and software changes."

uhuh.

"Bigger brakes are locked in; the Model 3 Performance already had bigger stoppers, but it seems the new one will take that even further."

Ok

"Similarly, we’d expect a step up in tyres to ensure they can enhance the extra go."

Would you? So would I.

"It’s unclear whether there will be a widening of the track – to broaden the footprint – but that’s clearly another option.
A more aggressive body kit is also on the table for the new Model 3 Performance, as are interior design tweaks and trim upgrades."

Is this just what someone thinks
I would imagine that there were some panicked requests to remove names on the article this morning ASAP.

Reactions: moa999
I would imagine that there were some panicked requests to remove names on the article this morning ASAP.
That kind of thing would not be looked upon favorably within Tesla, thats for sure. Its a shame because if he is a good engineer, spoke to the wrong "editorial content creator" and he Jibber Jabbers, things can go bad quickly, if he lost his job, ultimately we all lose out because we dont benefit from his skills, and the websites dont care.

Loose lips sink ships

Reactions: FilthyCyberRat
don't even write stink bugs in the same post as Morning Crystal.

Latest update, it's about 12 hours from Shanghai at it's current speed. It was slighly ahead of schedule at Tainjin, let's hope for zero delays and strong tailwinds all the way to Aus!
Just checked in with my NL company, they are really good, said they will do their best to have everything ready to go once the invoice is issued.

Yup, cameras are sensors

“Known as 'Australian Design Rule 108/00 – Reversing Technologies', the new mandate is based on the United Nations Regulation No 46, which requires all new cars sold in Europe to be fitted with a reversing detection system by mid 2024.
In the US, all new cars built after May 2018 have rear-view cameras fitted by law.
The new Australian laws mandate drivers must have the ability to be made aware of objects that are directly behind the vehicle at up to a distance of 3.5 metres.”

But the rear camera is perfectly fine and doesn’t really need USS. It’s the front that needs them since the camera is mounted high and cannot see what’s directly in front (to a certain extent) due to the angle.

Just checked in with my NL company, they are really good, said they will do their best to have everything ready to go once the invoice is issued.
Just remember, we don’t even know Model 3s are on that boat.

There is still one more ship this quarter, stopping at all main Aussie ports, Viking Passama not leaving China until the middle of December, and hits Australia first week of January. Need to stay open to the possibility that is ours.

I would say that has to be the very latest one for us though, worst case scenario.

Reactions: PcS000
But the rear camera is perfectly fine and doesn’t really need USS. It’s the front that needs them since the camera is mounted high and cannot see what’s directly in front (to a certain extent) due to the angle.
I was sat in someone's Model Y a little while ago and the auto reverse function was pretty dodgy, driver had to abort halfway through for fear of hitting a car.

There is still one more ship this quarter, stopping at all main Aussie ports, Viking Passama not leaving China until the middle of December, and hits Australia first week of January. Need to stay open to the possibility that is ours.

I would say that has to be the very latest one for us though, worst case scenario.
Yeah I just like to touch base with them and keep up the friendly chit chat so when I am in an IBS smeared, panic stricken state of uncontrollable nonsensical fluster when I get the invoice they might remember before that and help me out :)

• Funny
Reactions: Murphster

I’m going to cut out little pictures of m3hl cars and a picture of that boat and put them together every morning. I’ll try and will it to come true.

There is an article on The Driven website covering yesterdays AU launch which includes this line:

'In the meantime deliveries for the new Model 3 will begin in December, with an order placed today offering a delivery timeframe of between Jan-March 2024'

Tried to post the link earlier but because I'm new here the link needs to be reviewed, so hope this doesnt end up looking like a double post!

Be great if this 'December' information is based on something said yesterday... I'll keep refreshing my order page just incase!

There is an article on The Driven website covering yesterdays AU launch which includes this line:

'In the meantime deliveries for the new Model 3 will begin in December, with an order placed today offering a delivery timeframe of between Jan-March 2024'

Tried to post the link earlier but because I'm new here the link needs to be reviewed, so hope this doesnt end up looking like a double post!

Be great if this 'December' information is based on something said yesterday... I'll keep refreshing my order page just incase!
Maybe all us really old converted orders are coming first on a smaller ship, and then the masses after haha who knows :)
I suspect Riz was there and he is pretty well connected so maybe :)