Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just spoke to Tesla regarding the rego papers form. He fired off the SMS to me at the same time, I signed the rego application, email was on the SMS.

I also asked which boat my car is on, he confirmed Don Juan.
Okay this is the best Intel I've seen in a long time! That gives us SA folks much more hope the Don is our boat

Okay this is the best Intel I've seen in a long time! That gives us SA folks much more hope the Don is our boat
Our cars might be in the Don just off the coast of QLD!
And i just reached my savings goal to pay out my current NL so if this all happens within a month, everything will be coming up millhouse.

Our cars might be in the Don just off the coast of QLD!
And i just reached my savings goal to pay out my current NL so if this all happens within a month, everything will be coming up millhouse.
$35 at EB, maybe you can wear it on delivery day 😬
IMG_8128.jpeg

I just spoke to Tesla regarding the rego papers form. He fired off the SMS to me at the same time, I signed the rego application, email was on the SMS.

Also confirmed it's on Don Juan.

I asked about the ordering process, and why people with older orders have not received VINs yet.

It was hard to follow what he said, but here's my interpretation:
  • The factory builds cars
  • Orders are grouped by order date based on each permutation of config
    • SR 18 Black/Black
    • SR 18 Black/White
    • SR 18 White Black
    • LR 18 Black/Black
    • LR 18 Black/White
    • LR 18 White Black
    • and so on
  • The configuration of orders are matched to configuration of cars made available (I don't think they build the cars based on the orders we make)
  • The configuration of orders are prioritised based on order date, then matched in that order when waiting for the matching car to "roll off the line" so to speak.

Now, it's not clear on what happens when you make an adjustment to your configuration, for example:
  • 2023-09-01 You order SR 18 Black/Black
  • 2023-10-01 You are 10th in line to be matched when that config (SR 18 Black/Black) becomes available.
  • 2023-11-01 You change the order int/ext colour, wheels, range etc. Lets day from SR to LR.
  • 2023-11-01 You are 100th in line for LR 18 Black/Black, because 99 other people ordered this config before you.
Don Juan, Don Juan... you're the ship of my dreams 🎶

• Helpful
Reactions: dronus and mc90