Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Word of warning, just received a full set of X Car mats from Amazon for the M3H and the front internal mats are different from the rest of the set, they are not textured like the rest and look and feel inferior, I’ve asked the seller if they can swap them out since the front two are clearly incorrect but they reckon that’s all they have at the moment, they said I’m eligible for a refund for the whole set which clearly I don’t want to do, the fronts look nothing like what they have in the image in the Ad, not happy.
Thats pretty average if not deceptive.

Im going to go out and sort out all my crap today i reakon while its a bit cooler. If you want a pic of the ones i got ill pop it in the accessories thread

Having a quick search they look pretty rare!
Browse for nolathane caster bushes or shocker mount bushes. You might be able to find at least one with the same crush tube size. I personally would not use a scissor jack. Especially a VW one, which is basically a half a scissor jack.

Since a lot of you are interested in the topic of lifting; When I get a spare minute I’ll measure all the jacks at work, figure out if they’ll fit under the highland. And post the measurements here with brands and what not. But I don’t have a way to measure their weight at work.

Browse for nolathane caster bushes or shocker mount bushes. You might be able to find at least one with the same crush tube size. I personally would not use a scissor jack. Especially a VW one, which is basically a half a scissor jack.

Since a lot of you are interested in the topic of lifting; When I get a spare minute I’ll measure all the jacks at work, figure out if they’ll fit under the highland. And post the measurements here with brands and what not. But I don’t have a way to measure their weight at work.
For the time being, I measured this old TTI(from total tools) 2 ton low profile trolley jack I have at home. According to the label it’s 85mm lowered, I measured 87(good enough). It will comfortably fit under the highland with the puck installed. However, weight wise, it is very heavy. Well over 30kg I reckon.

I have this floor jack i use at home. It is 3T and has a lowered height of 100mm which should be fine.
Not at all portable though haha

Attachments

• IMG_8563.jpeg
    IMG_8563.jpeg
    672.7 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: Rosier

I have this floor jack i use at home. It is 3T and has a lowered height of 100mm which should be fine.
Not at all portable though haha

View attachment 1012306

It’s also worth mentioning the thumb drive provided with the car in the glove box has limited storage capacity, and because the car continuously stores the footage from the cameras while the car is even parked i read it was recommended it replace it with something with a higher storage capacity so that the footage is available to you for an extended time without being overwritten, which is what happens when the supplied thumb drive is full
Increasing the size of the storage will allow for more sentry events, or manually saved dashcam events to be stored - but won't increase the amount of video that's recorded normally - the car will automatically delete footage that's more than an hour old.

That means if you've got Sentry running but someone walks past quickly enough (while keying your car) that it doesn't trigger a sentry event the video may not be stored for more than an hour.

If you want to retain more than an hour's worth then you can run a mini computer like a Raspberry Pi Zero with a large microSD card, using teslausb

Increasing the size of the storage will allow for more sentry events, or manually saved dashcam events to be stored - but won't increase the amount of video that's recorded normally - the car will automatically delete footage that's more than an hour old.

That means if you've got Sentry running but someone walks past quickly enough (while keying your car) that it doesn't trigger a sentry event the video may not be stored for more than an hour.

If you want to retain more than an hour's worth then you can run a mini computer like a Raspberry Pi Zero with a large microSD card, using teslausb
thats sick, thanks for sharing it! I might give this a crack

• Love
Reactions: Mes1 and [Zombie]
I don’t have a switch, I would have to flip the switch in the meter box. I don’t see a problem with it being on, the only power is the lights on the front. As for updates I assume
It will handle this but i doubt they are adding fart noises to the wall charger anytime soon.
Ohh fart noises via the charger- that would be awesome.
Im going to have to put some white gaffa over that green light though, thats going to be annoying at night.

Reactions: AusMar and Cocoboy
Yeah the convo i had yesterday indicated Wednesday is the day and to expect a booking in the next few days
I'm trying to contain my excitement now. It's very difficult. I'm super curious to see how far apart our delivery days are, same boat, same spec, same income, same super contribution, one month apart delivery dates, I wonder what the delivery gap will be

Reactions: dronus

wow always wanted to do something with a Raspberry Pi, now i can hah, so nerdy n cool

thanks

I'm trying to contain my excitement now. It's very difficult. I'm super curious to see how far apart our delivery days are, same boat, same spec, same income, same super contribution, one month apart delivery dates, I wonder what the delivery gap will be

yeah the excitment is building, my first Tesla/EV, been doing Tesla spotting with my little ones for more than a year now, they love seeing them in the wild, still shocked you don't need to visit a petrol station and can plug it in like their ipad i say to charge

Can't wait to surprise em next weekend

Screenshot 2024-01-26 114823.png

Hopefully less than a month.

If Adelaide had a decent supercharger site it would be a good hangout for Tesla owners. I cant think of anywhere with a decent amount of chargers, apart form Murray Bridge but by crikey thats a long drive..

• Funny
Reactions: StealthGrey
Do you guys that are upgrading (or just reading this and have one) that have the wall connector just turn it off when you are not using it to charge the car?

Apart from firmware updates (not sure how regular these are) is there any other reason to not just flick the isolator off when you have finished charging?

I figured i might be charging like once or twice a week until i get my routine sorted out and having the charger on for the 95% of the time im not using it might not be required?
Like @Cocoboy and @Vostok I don't have an isolator switch near it and just leave it on all the time. I also just plug it in each night, with it set to finish charging by the end of the off-peak period.