Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ouch, sorry to hear. Does this mean your car isn't in Adelaide? Or just held up in a holding lot somewhere in SA? I would assume they wouldn't let you book delivery until it's in the same city/state... shirley
I believe it is here somewhere as we have seen photos of them on trucks; but they were heading north which isnt the direction of the airport DC.
My wild guess is they got trucked to an offsite holding place and had the shelf replaced there by the service people. Kinda also makes sense as thats where most frieght places would take the shelves too. They cant hold all the inbound cars at the dc, there isnt enough room.

Then, they set up delivery dates but something has happened with the trucks that bring them to the DC. Whatever that is, who knows. I was just at the gym dead lifting my frustrations away and it is near a big toyota place. There was about 4-5 trucks lined up waiting to unload new cars and load trade ins. Maybe Tesla just couldnt get trucks in adelaide? Toyota might have just got a big shipment?
Who knows?

The guys at the DC have been excellent. I smsd them to say thanks for letting me know the date change to friday and that is fine, I understand. I did mention if the car does magically turn up before then i can be there whenever.
They replied very apologetic again and said they will let me know when the car arrives and is ready. They are super keen to get us in our new cars.

I believe it is here somewhere as we have seen photos of them on trucks; but they were heading north which isnt the direction of the airport DC.
My wild guess is they got trucked to an offsite holding place and had the shelf replaced there by the service people. Kinda also makes sense as thats where most frieght places would take the shelves too. They cant hold all the inbound cars at the dc, there isnt enough room.

Then, they set up delivery dates but something has happened with the trucks that bring them to the DC. Whatever that is, who knows. I was just at the gym dead lifting my frustrations away and it is near a big toyota place. There was about 4-5 trucks lined up waiting to unload new cars and load trade ins. Maybe Tesla just couldnt get trucks in adelaide? Toyota might have just got a big shipment?
Who knows?

The guys at the DC have been excellent. I smsd them to say thanks for letting me know the date change to friday and that is fine, I understand. I did mention if the car does magically turn up before then i can be there whenever.
They replied very apologetic again and said they will let me know when the car arrives and is ready. They are super keen to get us in our new cars.
Yeah the Tesla storefront folk are very nice to deal with. Least you can still say you're picking up your car this week! Friday can't come soon enough I bet..

Probably truckloads of cars just out of quarantine maybe, so there's potentially backlogs throughout logistic channels in SA/VIC. Hang in there, only 4 sleeps til Christmas.

Reactions: dronus
Yeah the Tesla storefront folk are very nice to deal with. Least you can still say you're picking up your car this week! Friday can't come soon enough I bet..

Probably truckloads of cars just out of quarantine maybe, so there's potentially backlogs throughout logistic channels in SA/VIC. Hang in there, only 4 sleeps til Christmas.
Yeah it will be here before we know it. Im lucky that i paid out my old NL so im grateful i still have wheels. Some people who sold their cars would be doing it harder!
Ohh yeah those quarantine numbers are huge. As they get released there would be a big pressure on the transport logistics.
BTW That blue car looks unreal

Reactions: e-enthusiast30
Yeah it will be here before we know it. Im lucky that i paid out my old NL so im grateful i still have wheels. Some people who sold their cars would be doing it harder!
Ohh yeah those quarantine numbers are huge. As they get released there would be a big pressure on the transport logistics.
BTW That blue car looks unreal
Did you payout the residual on the Calais? Follow up question, was there a condition on your finance agreement saying you have to return the car at the expiry of the lease?

Only 3 sleeps until my car is off the boat. Unless someone decides to keep it on longer.
angry-mad-animated-cute-cat-g3n2xt0wqng9gwin.gif

Did you payout the residual on the Calais? Follow up question, was there a condition on your finance agreement saying you have to return the car at the expiry of the lease?
Yeah man just paid it out. Ill either sell it or keep it in the shed with all the m3s im seemingly collecting.

My NL agreement gave me options and i didnt decide until recently. Pay it out and keep it, trade it in on new car, or i think you can return it, but from what i picked up that was really them selling it for you to cover the residual. If there was a gap i would have probably had to pay it or use one of the insurances.
So to answer your question, no didnt have to do anything specific.

Reactions: jeevas123
Yeah man just paid it out. Ill either sell it or keep it in the shed with all the m3s im seemingly collecting.

My NL agreement gave me options and i didnt decide until recently. Pay it out and keep it, trade it in on new car, or i think you can return it, but from what i picked up that was really them selling it for you to cover the residual. If there was a gap i would have probably had to pay it or use one of the insurances.
So to answer your question, no didnt have to do anything specific.
So my NL company options are the same. And basically everywhere else I look. But the financier general terms say I have to return the car at the expiry of the lease term.

So my NL company options are the same. And basically everywhere else I look. But the financier general terms say I have to return the car at the expiry of the lease term.
I guess they might be different. They dont really care, they just want the residual payed out or refinanced, which was the other option id forgotten. I looked at it but to re-lease the ice car for another 3 years would cover running costs and interest but not really reduce the payout. The tax benefits were there offsetting it but after 8 years you would be paying out more than the car eould be worth, eap with high km.
The financier doesn't want the car unless they can sell it for more than is owed on it and they would be weird about km estimated.
Is this for your upcoming m3 lease?

Reactions: Rosier
I guess they might be different. They dont really care, they just want the residual payed out or refinanced, which was the other option id forgotten. I looked at it but to re-lease the ice car for another 3 years would cover running costs and interest but not really reduce the payout. The tax benefits were there offsetting it but after 8 years you would be paying out more than the car eould be worth, eap with high km.
The financier doesn't want the car unless they can sell it for more than is owed on it and they would be weird about km estimated.
Is this for your upcoming m3 lease?
Yeah sounds like its there to cover their bums