Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy to help. See how you go
Ended up being quite easy. Train from Bendigo to Southern Cross. Train from Soiuthern Cross to Springvale. Bus (902 Airport West, make sure you cross the road) that dropped me off right in front of the Tesla DC. All for $10!
Very easy process at pick up. 10am must be the earliest time you can book, as the team were in a staff meeting when I arrived about 9:45. Checked my license, took me through to where the car was, told me to have a look and play around, then guided me out when I was ready. Car was charged to 80% which I appreciated. One point to note - avoid the coffee, it's horrid.
Most importantly, made it home without any damage to myself or anyone else - I was very nervous pulling out onto a packed Springvale Rd. for the first time though! The LR is an absolute joy to drive - the acceleration is fantastic, the sound system is excellent, and once I'd worked out auto pilot and placed a bit of trust in it, I had a very nice cruise back down the Calder Hwy.
A great day all round - really hope everyone else waiting for the call from Tesla gets that pick-up day locked in ASAP - it feels like a lifetime of waiting but I promise you it's worth it. The look on my kids faces when I pulled up to get them from school this afternoon was priceless!

And straight to the Kennington Supercharger! Heading to Albury tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_0178.jpg
    IMG_0178.jpg
    829.6 KB · Views: 22
Adelaide - anything?.. :(
I know, our DC is very clever and waits for a new update for us in 2025! They don't want us to drive these old 2024 models.
I called them up today, but didn't get any new info that we already haven't figured out. The holden carpark has only 14 cars, so the queue should be clear atm, unless they have other parking lots? It would be great to find out whether cars from FA are on trucks and on the way to Adelaide :) The excited (anxiety) is building! :oops: 😅

Reactions: Shillo and Tesl3on
I called them up today, but didn't get any new info that we already haven't figured out. The holden carpark has only 14 cars, so the queue should be clear atm, unless they have other parking lots? It would be great to find out whether cars from FA are on trucks and on the way to Adelaide :) The excited (anxiety) is building! :oops: 😅
14 cars is very slim compared to when I took those photos!

Reactions: aaron.m
Adelaide - anything?.. :(
I know, our DC is very clever and waits for a new update for us in 2025! They don't want us to drive these old 2024 models.
I got mine tinted and ceramic coated today. The guy said on average he is tinting 1-2 new highlands a day.

They are getting delivered, but those people probably are not on here.

IMG_8913.jpeg