Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just don’t want a visible line in the glass, from where the tint starts - assuming it’s noticeable.
I have the same concern from the place that I’ll likely get mine done at once I do receive the car. They do tint the rear and said that it would blend in but didn’t have any photos to show me however have assured me that they’ll make sure I’m happy with it.

I found this example someone posted from inside the car looking out and will use that as an example of what I don’t want.
IMG_2597.jpeg

Reactions: its_nick and dronus
Did anyone use the hidden vin finder on the Tesla website for their order and find that their final vin is different to what’s showing on the website?

I found my vin using the website and used Molace to search and it was showing it’s on Bergamot Ace however today I’ve received an email from Tesla saying my vin has been assigned and the car is on Orchid Ace.

Did anyone use the hidden vin finder on the Tesla website for their order and find that their final vin is different to what’s showing on the website?

I found my vin using the website and used Molace to search and it was showing it’s on Bergamot Ace however today I’ve received an email from Tesla saying my vin has been assigned and the car is on Orchid Ace.
VINs can change as they try and assign you a car that might be closer, or if a ship is skipping a port they reassign you another car.

We had this with the first lot of ours, the Canberra guys got a few vins, then no vin, then a car turned up.

When you get your final invoice it will have the final VIN.

I have the same concern from the place that I’ll likely get mine done at once I do receive the car. They do tint the rear and said that it would blend in but didn’t have any photos to show me however have assured me that they’ll make sure I’m happy with it.

I found this example someone posted from inside the car looking out and will use that as an example of what I don’t want.
View attachment 1030477
Yeah I feel like the line would bug me. My tinters are happy to do the rear glass as they’ve done multiple Tesla’s and haven’t had issues. But I guess they just mention it as standard practice.

Getting side windows is more a priority for now. Will let you know if I end up getting the rear done, and send through pics.

Reactions: ezpz
I bit the bullet and changed my red RWD white interior from Brisbane over to the Gold Coast inventory with 19" wheels. All Tesla could tell me on the phone was that it's in transit and should be available within the next 1-3 weeks. Got an updated delivery date in the app straight away to Mar 25 - Apr 30 along with a VIN and the registration document. No email from them yet so not sure where to send the doc back to nor detail on what ship it's on.

Reactions: kmsyd777 and dronus
I bit the bullet and changed my red RWD white interior from Brisbane over to the Gold Coast inventory with 19" wheels. All Tesla could tell me on the phone was that it's in transit and should be available within the next 1-3 weeks. Got an updated delivery date in the app straight away to Mar 25 - Apr 30 along with a VIN and the registration document. No email from them yet so not sure where to send the doc back to nor detail on what ship it's on.
Oh so was that in existing inventory listing's. If you have a vin and saying Apr 30th delivery. can i assume that mine will come way after that

Oh so was that in existing inventory listing's. If you have a vin and saying Apr 30th delivery. can i assume that mine will come way after that
Yep it's an existing inventory listing that's on its way. I'm guessing it's on Don Juan which is just getting into Brisbane now? I'm assuming mine will be the earlier end of the ETA so still possible you'll get yours by the end of April.

I received a VIN just now, but when I try to track on MOLACE to see when the car would have arrived in the country, it gives me an error. It's the same number on the final invoice and the registration document. Does Molace only track a handful of ships?

I posted this in the accessories thread but thought I’d put it in here too as many people ask about this while waiting for deliveries..

I can’t remember everyone that I have spoken too about this but if anyone is looking for an Electrician to install EV charging equipment in the SOUTHERN suburbs of Adelaide shoot me a private message on here and I’ll forward you some contact details.
It’s not me, but a friend who has done a few now and is keen to take on more installs.

I posted this in the accessories thread but thought I’d put it in here too as many people ask about this while waiting for deliveries..

I can’t remember everyone that I have spoken too about this but if anyone is looking for an Electrician to install EV charging equipment in the SOUTHERN suburbs of Adelaide shoot me a private message on here and I’ll forward you some contact details.
It’s not me, but a friend who has done a few now and is keen to take on more installs.
Likewise if anyone is looking to install solar / battery / wall connector at a very cheap rate around the North West Suburbs / Hills District in Sydney, let me know and I'll forward you someone's contact details. Not me as well but a licensed electrician who sub contracts to these large Tesla certified shops. E.g. I paid ~$1500 for the wall connector incl the unit, as a total price.

Reactions: its_nick
Likewise if anyone is looking to install solar / battery / wall connector at a very cheap rate around the North West Suburbs / Hills District in Sydney, let me know and I'll forward you someone's contact details. Not me as well but a licensed electrician who sub contracts to these large Tesla certified shops. E.g. I paid ~$1500 for the wall connector incl the unit, as a total price.
Which solar charger did you buy?

I have details for a solar guy too (different guy) I’ll sus him out on Monday as I’m looking for a solar and battery setup and will have his details too.
Unless anyone here works in that industry, feel free to dm me :)