Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know right. But vin has been assigned and it says it’s currently in the boat that’s just docked. Wonder how long does it take from when it docks to clearance to readiness for delivery.
It depends how they are getting thru the huge backlog of deliveries of both model 3 and Y at the DC. It’s likely your car will go to the holding yard at Elizabeth until they can schedule it for delivery.

Feel like I’m not even mentally prepared for it yet considering how quick the end process happens. All the ghosting then bombardment of comms makes the 3months seem easy. Haha
It’s well worth the wait

IMG_9359.jpeg

My NL wouldn't include tinting the rear glass, only the sides; and the tinting place said they wouldn't do it (tint-a-car). Others have had it done though.
Yeah I got the disclaimer note from the business I've been going to Oztint. They said they’d do it but warranty wouldn't cover any damage, if it occurs to the rear glass.

I just don’t want a visible line in the glass, from where the tint starts - assuming it’s noticeable.

Yeah I got the disclaimer note from the business I've been going to Oztint. They said they’d do it but warranty wouldn't cover any damage, if it occurs to the rear glass.

I just don’t want a visible line in the glass, from where the tint starts - assuming it’s noticeable.
The roof is already tinted to a point, its not a sharp line, its blended in.

TBH i dont even notice it any more. Im not sure how they would get it to blend and make the transition if they tinted the rear part but they must be able to do it somehow without affecting the rest of the roof tint, or making it darker. My rear side windows are also tinted darker than my front, but i dont notice that either.

I didnt push the point, id rather have warrenty or even better no damage esp if they dont recommend it. maybe other places use different films and have different skills, dunno (I have no skills in this area, but i did watch this video on window tinting which was interesting)

Reactions: its_nick
The roof is already tinted to a point, its not a sharp line, its blended in.

TBH i dont even notice it any more. Im not sure how they would get it to blend and make the transition if they tinted the rear part but they must be able to do it somehow without affecting the rest of the roof tint, or making it darker. My rear side windows are also tinted darker than my front, but i dont notice that either.

I didnt push the point, id rather have warrenty or even better no damage esp if they dont recommend it. maybe other places use different films and have different skills, dunno (I have no skills in this area, but i did watch this video on window tinting which was interesting)

Maybe I’ll leave it for now and just get the windows tinted in the meantime.