Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the Tesla desktop website it says I need to bring my proof of insurance before accepting delivery of the vehicle. How does one go about doing that?
You will be able to print out a certificate of currency from your insurance provider. You can only do this after receiving your VIN. Set your commencement date with the insurance prior to picking it up, just to be safe.

Reactions: mcv75
IMG_1334.jpeg

What , if any, adapter do I need to use these? Doesn’t look like it will fit the standard M3H

On the Tesla desktop website it says I need to bring my proof of insurance before accepting delivery of the vehicle. How does one go about doing that?
I’m from Sydney and didn’t need to show anything when I picked up the car. I just needed to ensure that it was insured before pickup, pretty much in sync with the financing.

How exciting for you though!!

Reactions: MattAdrian
No updates to the EDD for Melbourne LR in Ultra Red (ordered 22 Feb). Interestingly I noticed a new "Insurance" tickbox today which wasn't there beforehand, when expanded it reads "Proof of insurance is required to take delivery." A good sign or just a code change to the page?
I only received that message on Tuesday this week. It did seem like a step. But who knows, I feel like this process generates ADHD diagnoses. :)

I’ve been scrolling through these forums for a long time since I’ve ordered my car. Patiently waiting for my arrival date. This might be a bit of an amateur question but I cannot seem to find anything on it. What charging adapters (if any) should I purchase for my car?

I’ve been scrolling through these forums for a long time since I’ve ordered my car. Patiently waiting for my arrival date. This might be a bit of an amateur question but I cannot seem to find anything on it. What charging adapters (if any) should I purchase for my car?
It is hard to recommend products and say they are the best, and you end up with a dud. I would say research is your best friend. My experience and waiting for my Ultra Red, Long Range, Model 3. I've used Amazon and a bit of X-Car. I just had a Tesla Gen-3 Charger in preparation for my car's arrival. I personally found Youtube to be my friend.

If you have off street parking at home, I would suggest you organise your home charging first and worry about adapters later. Your Model 3 comes with a CCS2 charge port which is the most popular public DC charging plug and also fits any Type 2 AC charging plug.
If there are some untethered AC chargers that you will be likely to use you can consider a type 2 to Type 2 charging cable but I wouldn’t be in a hurry to get one unless you know of a specific requirement for your use case.

Reactions: cafz and dronus
If you have off street parking at home, I would suggest you organise your home charging first and worry about adapters later. Your Model 3 comes with a CCS2 charge port which is the most popular public DC charging plug and also fits any Type 2 AC charging plug.
If there are some untethered AC chargers that you will be likely to use you can consider a type 2 to Type 2 charging cable but I wouldn’t be in a hurry to get one unless you know of a specific requirement for your use case.
My apartment block won’t let me install one so I’ve been doing my research and want to be as prepared as possible. Thanks for the information!

My apartment block won’t let me install one so I’ve been doing my research and want to be as prepared as possible. Thanks for the information!
I'm in the same boat as you. Renting so cannot install a custom plug. Have a standard wall plug I can use at a pinch, but I would still need to buy the $550 mobile charging cable from Tesla for that.

What my partner and I have done is mapped out our nearest Tesla supercharger / Evie Charging / Chargefox locations, and will likely get rely on the ones that have cables already on site for the first month or two. Then we will get the Tesla UMC product after that, then a Type 2 to Type 2 connector, so that we are basically good to go for any situation.

Hope that helps. 😊