Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My experience has been that it happens in spurts over weeks. The cars are usually built over a couple days (we'll be able to confirm the build dates once people start getting their invoices) so build run has likely already been done before the shutdown. The positive is that they did a build run out of the usual sequence for AU before the shutdown.

For the VIN assignment I can easily imagine that it's one person that needs to log into a system to do it manually amongst their many other jobs, and that they've got a few weeks to get through it because the cars are still in Shanghai or just have left and on the water.
Fair enough! Just with the VINs on Tuesday I was hoping to have mine by the end of the week. Good to know there’s still hope.

Spare capacity on the production line now that Berlin is servicing the EU means that it's a new queue.

The fact that you can't schedule a delivery of Y from Chatswood (M3 only) indicates that they are conscious of getting the maximum flow through of 3 deliveries.

As an aside, got talking to a colleague today who was lamenting that they ordered a car in November that was meant to be February, then June, now pushed out to October. What car? A Volvo XC40 EV.
Isn't Berlin only just producing like 1000 a week? That's a small percentage of Shanghai's output. Plus the batteries and drive units for Berlin are from Shanghai anyway. Plus a bunch from Berlin had to be recalled before they even hit customers. Though my understanding is the recall was for drive units from Shanghai, so..

Isn't Berlin only just producing like 1000 a week? That's a small percentage of Shanghai's output. Plus the batteries and drive units for Berlin are from Shanghai anyway. Plus a bunch from Berlin had to be recalled before they even hit customers. Though my understanding is the recall was for drive units from Shanghai, so..
But I don't think u can buy a MY rwd in eu and Berlin is mainly making MYP. So giga Shanghai is making MYLR and some performance for eu and leaving some rwd MY production capacity for asian countries. This is also the reason why we not seeing MYLR here.

Reactions: Hoopyfrood
I thought Hoopyfrood must have done his "thing" and a few of us need to eat humble pie now that we see that the flea on the tail can actually wag the dog after all! What exactly did you do?
Welcome back @Hoopyfrood!
I’ve got a theory: as soon as someone gets really frustrated, becomes an activist, orders a different EV or an ICE out of desperation…or several people do this all in the one week…
The universe says ‘gotcha’ and VINs appear

My experience has been that it happens in spurts over weeks. The cars are usually built over a couple days (we'll be able to confirm the build dates once people start getting their invoices) so build run has likely already been done before the shutdown. The positive is that they did a build run out of the usual sequence for AU before the shutdown.

For the VIN assignment I can easily imagine that it's one person that needs to log into a system to do it manually amongst their many other jobs, and that they've got a few weeks to get through it because the cars are still in Shanghai or just have left and on the water.
You would have thought a technology company like Tesla should have automated vin assignment but it doesn't look like it by the rate how vin are assigned

It’s almost worse having *some* hope for an imminent delivery with this latest VIN batch - until a few days ago I had totally checked out and resigned to getting my car some time before Christmas. Still reckon my (Feb order) chances for a Q3 delivery are low/moderate. Not based in fact necessarily, just trying to manage my own expectations! Good to hear the many voices of reason on this forum.

Reactions: Maximillan
It’s almost worse having *some* hope for an imminent delivery with this latest VIN batch - until a few days ago I had totally checked out and resigned to getting my car some time before Christmas. Still reckon my (Feb order) chances for a Q3 delivery are low/moderate. Not based in fact necessarily, just trying to manage my own expectations! Good to hear the many voices of reason on this forum.
You just described my state of mind perfectly… 🫣

Welcome back @Hoopyfrood!
I’ve got a theory: as soon as someone gets really frustrated, becomes an activist, orders a different EV or an ICE out of desperation…or several people do this all in the one week…
The universe says ‘gotcha’ and VINs appear
Haha. Thanks! I did some stuff and things. Whether it had an effect i guess we'll never know! But maybe when people stop being passive, companies respond. At any rate, at least i tried.

Reactions: rtvanda and Gokk
I am on Novated Lease. Haven't heard from mine. Yours is very transparent.

The FBT policy in my opinion will be implemented retrospectively from July 1. May be legislated in Sep/Oct.

Irrespective of the interest rate difference, if you go for a short term 1-3 yrs it will be ahead. For longer term periods, Pepper etc should work out better.
We promised to cut the tariffs and abolish fringe benefits tax on affordable EVs from 1 July this year and that’s exactly what we will do,” Bowen told the Press Club.

8538DCEF-DD64-454F-ACC6-3E4C537CFBA7.png

I just noticed that the Tesla store page is now showing the rebate for SA on the cost.

Does anyone know the process to claim this one for SA, or even others in other states?

Does the price come off what I pay to Tesla, or do I get a payment back from the government?

View attachment 822999
I just noticed that the Tesla store page is now showing the rebate for SA on the cost.

Does anyone know the process to claim this one for SA, or even others in other states?

Does the price come off what I pay to Tesla, or do I get a payment back from the government?
I think they might’ve just added the EV rebate in there alongside fuel savings (which won’t be realised for years) to make the price of the car seem more reasonable. Marketing tactic?

I can’t see them processing the EV rebate on behalf of customers, as it creates more work for them.

I wouldn’t be surprised if you have to pay the full amount to Tesla as normal, and organise the EV rebate yourself afterwards

I think they might’ve just added the EV rebate in there alongside fuel savings (which won’t be realised for years) to make the price of the car seem more reasonable. Marketing tactic?

I can’t see them processing the EV rebate on behalf of customers, as it creates more work for them.

I wouldn’t be surprised if you have to pay the full amount to Tesla as normal, and organise the EV rebate yourself afterwards
That’s how it works in NSW

Will post the updated VIN list now.

I do note that while we didnt hear any new M3 VINs or MY VINs today for Australia (as I suspect that Breezy and theGreenGuy kicked off the process on the 28th), there was a note on Twitter today that NZ VINs had started.

#UsernameOrder DateModelExteriorInteriorVIN Date
1​
MadFruit28/11/2021M3 LRBlackWhite28/06/2022
2​
Breezy_19741/12/2021M3 LRWhiteBlack30/06/2022
3​
o'leary2/12/2021M3 LR??28/06/2022
4​
Abraxas3/12/2021M3 LRWhiteBlack28/06/2022
5​
PipPup3/12/2021M3 LRWhiteBlack28/06/2022
6​
ShireSparkles4/12/2021M3 LRWhiteBlack28/06/2022
7​
Wombat_T13/01/2022M3 RWDWhiteWhite28/06/2022
8​
mjs202215/01/2022M3 RWDWhiteBlack28/06/2022
9​
tubbyx716/01/2022M3 RWDRedWhite28/06/2022
10​
m3melb16/01/2022M3 RWDBlackBlack28/06/2022
11​
MonsterRat17/01/2022M3 RWDWhiteWhite29/06/2022
12​
thegreenguy17/01/2022M3 RWDMidnight SilverWhite30/06/2022

Reactions: Modi
View attachment 822999

It wont come off the price ,once you get the car you can apply for the rebate . And it will be paid back into ur bank account. At least that how it is here in NSW

We made the news! Good to see that backlog highlighted!

We’ve come full circle, the SA’s are probably telling us what they read in the news, which is coming from the forums

Geez the interest rates keep climbing, 5% looks like the cheapest now. I did my original calculation on 3%.

When’s the next cash rate hike expected, be nice to lock a rate in

Reactions: guilliam_246
View attachment 822999

My friends who bought a M3 tell me that you apply for the subsidy later and then wait a few months get it.