Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well. If you hit the actual brake pedals or lift of pedals completely (then you get regen braking) and the brake lights come on.

So
No brake lights means one pedal was depressed.

Doesn't take Nikolas Tesla to work out which one.
And also break failure doesnt explain why there was unintended acceleration. It's definitely operater error. Not sure why anyoen would assume otherwise.

I think it's possible in a drive-by-wire system for a failure to occur, resulting in a forced acceleration
Famous Tesla hardware hacker Jason Hughes recently did a thread on just how many overlapping safety systems there are to prevent this.

He tried to induce acceleration in a Tesla without physically depressing the pedal and kept coming across layer after layer, up to and including the computer blowing the pyrotechnic fuse to disable the high voltage battery, if it thinks there's unintended acceleration.

And even if the accelerator pedal was somehow jammed (and there was something preventing the brake pedal from being depressed fully) the brake lights would have come on, and the "both pedals pressed" alert would have come up (with corresponding reduction in power)

Unfortunately these "wrong pedal applied" events happen all the time. If it was any other car it wouldn't be international news, and you can guarantee that when the findings come out it won't be reported anywhere except Tesla forums and blogs.

I'm fairly confident Don Juan has cars for Brisbane, NSW, and Melb. I recall a month ago Brisbane got VINs assigned, followed by NSW and VIC shortly.
My EDD is currently 20 Nov to 4 Dec and I'm away from 24 Nov to 7 Dec... Good timing hey
That would be Gold Coast, not Brisbane! I distinctly remember us Brisbane-ites getting somewhat peeved that it was just GC and no Brisbane in that lot 😂

I could not agree more. I suspect they were pressing accelerator instead of brakes.

I have been driving a Model 3 for over 3 years and I barely ever touch the brake pedals. When you lift your foot off the accelerator, the brake lights come on and the motor will start breaking for you to put energy back in the battery even if you do not touch the brakes. Running this way for kilometers without stopping means they had to have accelerator still on.
hope its just the driver not the car we buy

Reactions: Naomiskinny
✋🤚😂 white/white brethren
I have to ask those that ordered white interior.....do you have foolproof easy method of keeping them clean, are you super vigilant at keeping them clean, will you put seat covers on, or do you just roll with whatever marks/stains/dirt/etc. that show up?
I really like the look of white interior but just couldn't do what I imagine is constant cleaning and upkeep, and any marks would drive me insane.

I have to ask those that ordered white interior.....do you have foolproof easy method of keeping them clean, are you super vigilant at keeping them clean, will you put seat covers on, or do you just roll with whatever marks/stains/dirt/etc. that show up?
I really like the look of white interior but just couldn't do what I imagine is constant cleaning and upkeep, and any marks would drive me insane.
I rather wipe it more often than using a seat cover (which will ruin the aesthetic look) try some of these below👇

Hope to get my model 3 by xmas...pray pray pray ...
It would be nice but I don't hold out hope. If (and that's a big if IMO) we get it within the current EDD, I'm feeling that it will be January (and the end of January at that). There's a lot of Feb and early March orders to get through, and nothing yet for Brisbane (sorry, I had to mention us again 😂 )