Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you need this
Yes that is what I have, shown in the photo sitting on top of the 3 phase plug.

Just sitting, and waiting like all of us

I'm just a little earlier than you, ordered RWD on 13/12, no info yet here either. Just wondering — how tricky was it to get the single-phase 32A outlet installed? EVSE advise not to use the UMC as a home charging solution and I'm not sure why, because your plan makes sense to me.
No idea why they reccomend that. Probably because they sell fancy wall charger that do the same thing that are prettier. Thousands of tesla owners around the globe use this as a home charging solution :)

Was simple. Just asked an electrician for a quote for a single phase 3 pin 32 amp outlet. If the wire run is close to your switch board it shouldn’t be more than a few hundred.

Reactions: funwithstuff
Could you please put a link to this cable even if it is out of stock. Very much appreciated.
The OpenEVSE is not a cable, it is an EVSE. You can buy it ready made or as a kit. There is no Australian distributor (that I know of) in Australia. I bought mine as a kit from the USA and run European three phase firmware on it. You can also import from the EU. Basically, it is an all singing all dancing EVSE with WiFi and support for MQTT, OhmConnect, EmonCMS and others. Open Source software. You can find a lot about it on the AEVA forums and have a look at:

Quite a lot of people in Australia (inc myself) use it for solar divert (ie my excess solar goes into the car instead of the grid and the OpenEVSE tracks the excess and modulates the pilot signal to the car- pilot signal determines the number of amps to charge at.

Plays well with just about any EV with a Type 2 AC charge port. In my case Renault and Tesla. I control it from my smartphone or tablet or linux PC. There is an Android app and also a web interface.

i have created an extension that will provide more information regarding the order available in the source code, on the order page itself.

download : Meet Google Drive – One place for all your files

Once the review get approved, it should be on the following link :
Hi everyone,

Tesla recently changed the place where the VIN used to be in the source code. I have updated the extension to display the correct VIN on the tesla order page (below the RN number).

Also, if in any future updates the vin location changes again in the source code. It would be still visible in the extender order table that is created below the page.

Thanks