Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My first post šŸ‘‹

M3RWD
Exterior: Black
Interior: Black
OD: 24/12
EDD: 18/2 to 8/3
Vin: Has been provided on the paperwork
Delivery: Osborne Park (WA)

At the time of ordering the estimate was 14-20 weeks. When I received my first EDD, it was March 6 - March 20, however last weekend it was updated to Feb 18 - March 8. Looks like actual delivery will be 8 - 11 weeks from order unless there are delays.

Do Shanghai built M3s get delivered to Sydney via ship and then to Perth via road?
Seriously this is next level, O GOD šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£
We are happy for you, at least you've got the VIN and delivery around the corner. The most of people haven't received anything, I am talking about people who ordered in NOV 2021.

Reactions: karlos22
Probably because not many people order Black/Black.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking.
I guess black/black isnā€™t popular in Perth so the queue was zero and their was 1 produced waiting for allocation
I reckon 80% of the M3s I see on the road here are white. After that, I see a fair few midnight silver. I've seen a couple of black ones, but they seem a lot less common. If it means getting my car sooner I'm more than happy to have a less popular exterior/interior combo :D

From what I can see the Midas leaves PK just after midnight which means that cars should start to be processed from tomorrow. I suspect that everyone with a car allocated from the Midas has a VIN and invoice. So for those without these, this ship has sailed!

The Crystal is due in PK on the 13th Feb, but for some reason is not leaving Brisbane until the 12th... there could be some delay? This timetable fits those who have a confirmed delivery at the end of Feb and the beginning of March. It would seem that the VIN and invoices if the same process as the Midas should already have been allocated. However, let's say things got out of control in China (which I doubt) the allocations you would think would need to be completed by the end of this week.

The problem is as Vedaprime has said many times that demand has outstripped supply. Too many orders, not enough cars. Waitlists all over the world are 3 months or more. Tesla is running 1 quarter behind on orders.

I don't know if Vedaprime has identified another shipment in March? Without giving too much away he/she may at least confirm or deny:cool:

Reactions: karlos22
I kind of get the feeling that we get left overs from the bigger RHD market (UK).
Tesla probably pre-made a number of trims based on previous stats, not made to orders as Tesla is confident all would be sold.
UK gets allocated first because of longer sea transport and bigger backlog orders.
If your order is of similar taste to the Brits, maybe like white LRs, then you will be left waiting until there is leftovers rolling out of factory gate.

My other guess of the allocation process is that it may have something to do with currency exchange, as all sales ultimately go back to US in USD. It probably makes sense to allocate more and cashing in when AUD is strong and vice versa???

Last edited:
Reactions: GilR
The problem is as Vedaprime has said many times that demand has outstripped supply. Too many orders, not enough cars. Waitlists all over the world are 3 months or more. Tesla is running 1 quarter behind on orders.

I don't know if Vedaprime has identified another shipment in March? Without giving too much away he/she may at least confirm or deny:cool:

So there is a chance LR guys here with Nov orders can miss their Q1 allocation?
Mine is the most plain white/black.
Should not the company start production based on orders received? If for example there are 2000 orders and production capacity is 1,500 the latest 500 should go to the next quarter as the first ones in the line?
I really hope they stuffed up the admin part of things and have got enough cars produced waiting for the VINs. But again would not these car be on the Crystal?

A bit worry as it seems all NOV RWD orders got VINs

Last edited: