Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After checking out the forum for a while and then test driving a model 3, this morning I bit the bullet and ordered a RWD.

White with black interior and standard wheels - I thought I'd prefer the white interior based on photos but when I saw it it felt a bit stark and I wasn’t sure I'd be happy living with it. The black will be fine. And I love the white exterior now the trim is black rather than chrome.

So now I'm settling in for a long wait, and thinking about aftermarket bits!
I'm in a similar situation. Ordered my RWD at the beginning of Feb. I don't have any real expectations of it arriving before June.
Aftermarket bits, yeah...I've bought a few bits and pieces after ordering :rolleyes:

Im curious if any owners here are from Adelaide? Can you speak to the time between the car arriving in NSW and then SA?
Would it be worth planning a road trip to the eastern seaboard to pick the car up sooner and drive back to Adelaide?
I did a quick search and couldn't find anything relevant, but if anyone knows of posts of this nature please point me the right way :)
Thankyou.

I have made the full payment Monday and now all the payment info disappeared from the account page. Car is due for delivery this Friday. Is this normal ?
Screen Shot 2022-02-16 at 1.44.39 pm.png

Im curious if any owners here are from Adelaide? Can you speak to the time between the car arriving in NSW and then SA?
Would it be worth planning a road trip to the eastern seaboard to pick the car up sooner and drive back to Adelaide?
I did a quick search and couldn't find anything relevant, but if anyone knows of posts of this nature please point me the right way :)
Thankyou.
The best bet may be to join Vedaprime for $15 and get an exact answer. Once you have your VIN and build date Vedprime will be able to tell you and then you would need to arrange with your Tesla rep. The other problem you may have is registration.

Thankyou.
That is risky if you just want to come across and pickup in quick turnaround time. As far as I can gather your pickup window is narrow and can change so you could be either stuck in Sydney for some extra days or not be ready to pickup if they move you up the queue.
Also if you have a VIN already allocated the system would likely have the load and unload position already set. Back in the day when I worked for customs the dock unloads for vehicles was not as choreographed as I believe they are now, but we hated changes in paperwork for inspections etc.
Worth talking to your SA to see if it is viable as I am just speculating.

You beat me to it - registration is the obvious biggie!

Just confirming what others are saying.

My SA called today and informed me that the LRs are in high demand and they are adjusting the estimated delivery dates.

M3 LR
Exterior: White
Interior: White
OD: 08/12
EDD: end March / beginning April
Vin: nope
Invoice: nada
Build date: zilch
Delivery: Brisbane/Hendra