Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What accessories are people buying, apart from charging equipment?
Rubber mats and boot liners
Screen protector
Jack lift pucks (no idea what their proper name is)
Inserts for the centre console storage bins
Debating whether to replace the interior lights in the boot… by all accounts they’re not very bright. Might wait and see.

Funnily enough, at this point I’ve spent more on accessories than I have on the car.

I wonder how many people buy screen protector. I start thinking I need it too…
I'd do it just to get a matte screen personally. And this coming from someone who HATES matte screens in general. In a car, where things are so frequently fighting the sun at so many random angles it's not possible to always adjust your head to reduce the reflections like with a phone, is a must for this application in my eyes.

Reactions: DanSyd
I wonder how many people buy screen protector. I start thinking I need it too
I'd do it just to get a matte screen personally. And this coming from someone who HATES matte screens in general. In a car, where things are so frequently fighting the sun at so many random angles it's not possible to always adjust your head to reduce the reflections like with a phone, is a must for this application in my eyes.
Can you post a link to the product? May end up buying this.
Feel uncomfortable now😅People have bought so many staff and I’ve bought nothing

• Funny
Reactions: invincibl
I got these generic rubber mats for the frunk and rear subtrunk mats from Amazon.

then some Temai stuff (from Amazon). Glass roof sunshades, front sunshade, and centre console trays.

I also got the Tesla Key Fob as I feel it's a must have for fast entry, and quick access to frunk/trunk.

It's highly likely your order will be delayed to Q2 since you haven't been assigned a VIN and a delivery window by now, like many of the LR and P orders. Production cycle in Q2 will mean earliest delivery will likely be mid-May, similar to mid-Feb deliveries we are seeing now for Q1 built cars from Shanghai.
Hi chrome,
I was afraid someone would say just that. I guess it gives me even more time to buy accessories and to watch Tesla reviews on Throttle House.

Hi All,

I'm a long time lurker and have a few days ago (15/2) put a deposit down on a M3 SR+. I put the deposit down the day it changed from 14-20 weeks to 5-7 months. Is it possible I may get bumped into the 14-20 week category with cancellations ahead in the queue? I literally ordered as soon as it changed over, I really should have done it the other week post test drive but thought I'd be fine. Thanks

You're RWD so you are in the high volume cars. There are people with Jan orders getting vins/deliveries in March.

There are a few of us who ordered during 8-12 and are looking at more than 20 (20-25) weeks due to being pushed into Q2. And this is for performance models.

You're RWD so you are in the high volume cars. There are people with Jan orders getting vins/deliveries in March.

There are a few of us who ordered during 8-12 and are looking at more than 20 (20-25) weeks due to being pushed into Q2. And this is for performance models.
Awesome, thank you! I did think that may be the case being more common, sometimes it has it advantages haha

Can you post a link to the product? May end up buying this.

This is what I got personally. Plenty of them around, it had decent reviews across many purchases, I'm happy with mine. I'll post a picture of it on the screen when I pick up my car from the tinter.

Edit: updated

Attachments

• PXL_20220216_220929354.jpg
    PXL_20220216_220929354.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Reactions: DanSyd
I also got the Tesla Key Fob as I feel it's a must have for fast entry, and quick access to frunk/trunk.
If you have an iPhone and Apple Watch you can install the Watch app for Tesla app that puts everything on your wrist and connects via the phone Bluetooth connection. It's all of $17.99 for the app on the App A Store:

Supports a ton of Siri commands as well as having a watch complication for the corner of your Apple Watch screen that shows a Quick view of battery percentage and a tap brings up the full app. From reports the Tesla fob feels quite cheap for the price.