Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since I am vedaprime and am being discussed here, I'll let the people who have used the service comment on how they find it. It isn't for everyone.

While I have been doing this for over two years now, there are some parts of the service easily findable and parts which are not. I have legitimate commercial sources which are paid, and some which are not paid. I have gathered a lot of experience of what happens at each location across Australia and New Zealand.

What I do well is bring together the combination of data together from all sources to paint a coordinated picture of what is going on with vins, ships, and transporters during the emotional rollercoaster which is pre-delivery, as well as provide a community to share the waiting on various topics not relating to tracking. There is a lot of misinformation out there, and one of the roles of the service is to assess rumour vs truth. It is large amount of effort to maintain the service at the level it operates.

So there is a place for a free service like TMC and there is a place for something like I offer as well. Both can co-exist.

Last edited:
Since I am vedaprime and am being discussed here, I'll let the people who have used the service comment on how they find it. It isn't for everyone.

While I have been doing this for over two years now, there are some parts of the service easily findable and parts which are not. I have sources which are paid, and some which are not. I have gathered a lot of experience of what happens at each location across Australia and New Zealand.

What I do well is bring together the combination of data together from all sources to paint a coordinated picture of what is going on with vins, ships, and transporters during the emotional rollercoaster which is pre-delivery, as well as provide a community to share the waiting on various topics not relating to tracking. There is a lot of misinformation out there, and one of the roles of the service is to assess rumour vs truth.

So there is a place for a free service like TMC and there is a place for something like I offer as well. Both can co-exist.
I subbed to Vedaprime this week, I now know the name of the ship my car is coming on from Victoria to Fremantle, when it's docking in Freo, and factors likely to impact delivery. Defo worth $15 so I'm not stressing out waiting for my delivery SMS from Tesla.

Reactions: moa999
This is from someone who has 3 phase HPWC and single phase hard wired UMC but I did down rate mine to 24 amp since this UMC is located in my shed

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220217-123301_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220217-123301_Photos.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 78
Not sure when Spotify got into business of selling information and analysis :)
I'm not saying Vedaprime should be free, it's his/her legit business that I'm respectful of. I'm saying we should not promote monopoly on that information and analysis, we can do that to some extent for free using open sources.
Some people pay to have their lawns mowed. Up to the individual. As kalamata is implying and providing a path and collated information to, if you have the time and the inclination, you can find out a lot of information outside the veda walled garden. Up to you.

While I have been doing this for over two years now, there are some parts of the service easily findable and parts which are not. I have legitimate commercial sources which are paid, and some which are not. I have gathered a lot of experience of what happens at each location across Australia and New Zealand.

What I do well is bring together the combination of data together from all sources to paint a coordinated picture of what is going on with vins, ships, and transporters during the emotional rollercoaster which is pre-delivery, as well as provide a community to share the waiting on various topics not relating to tracking. There is a lot of misinformation out there, and one of the roles of the service is to assess rumour vs truth. It is large amount of effort to maintain the service at the level it operates.

I am a subscriber to Vedaprime’s service. Cannot speak more highly of what is provided, which is obviously from a base of deep experience and also from a passionate, caring position. Communication is great– far better than dealing with Tesla people, and i now know exactly where my car is, when it will be here and a plethora of other knowledge gleaned from the Discord channel. Highly recommended.

While I have been doing this for over two years now, there are some parts of the service easily findable and parts which are not. I have legitimate commercial sources which are paid, and some which are not paid. I have gathered a lot of experience of what happens at each location across Australia and New Zealand.

I’m subscribed too, worth it for the level of detailed information provided in there and the community is well knit too. Learned things which I didn’t know about previously.

Reactions: 37celsius
The Vedaprime service is great for all the little details we can't get from our SAs.
For the $15 a month it is well worth it for the 2-3 months you may need it.
It is also fun to study videos and information as a group to try and find out the inner workings and movements of Tesla shipping

For the people who want to do it all themselves and visit 5-10 different websites the information is there.
Others will want to join a community where conversation and information is plentiful and that is ok too.

Last edited:
Reactions: sas076
That sounds like an ad :) Not sure why every time someone in this tread mentions sharing of information about logistics of delivery, it's brushed off with "oh that's what Vedaprime is for, don't bother and go buy subscription". Yep, information that is provided there could be superior, but hey, we are on a free forum sharing free information, why that could not be a good alternative to paid service? Raised in geek culture of 90s I still believe in open source etc and hate paying for information. OSINT FTW :)

Just to make my contribution to discussion - that's my understanding, feel free to correct, just don't do "that's wrong, go subscribe to Vedaprime to get the right info" :)

1) after you make an order paying $350 deposit, you get in one of the queues. Queues are probably grouped by car configuration. If you order now (Mid Feb), there is a chance you would get delivery in Q2, but as estimated timeline was bumped up to 5-7 months this week, those chances are slipping away. Order date usually correlates with delivery date, but there are exceptions when some car configurations take much more time to deliver than others. Consensus is that more popular configurations like "RWD white/black" have shorter wait time.
2) VIN is assigned to you several days after your car is built. Cars for AU are built in batches, this year we saw 2 batches in Jan and 1 batch in Feb (looks like that is a change comparing to last year, when cars were built once a quarter). You cannot track anything before VIN is assigned. VIN could be easily checked in Tesla SSO - Sign In (under "Tesla 3.." header) or source code of your reservation page if you look for "LRW".
3) Tesla VIN decoder. - VIN decoder that works for 2022 cars
4) after you get a VIN, you can expect final invoice appear under "documents" section of your reservation page in couple of days. If that does not occur, contact your SA. Final invoice provide one more piece of information - build date.
5) People with ED dates in Feb (and build dates in 2nd week of Jan) had their cars on Morning Midas and Morning Crystal. Both are already unloaded in Port Kembla, some people got their cars delivered already, some would get delivery next week or two.
6) People with ED dates in March (and build dates in 2nd week of Feb) have their cars on Morning Clara ship that left Shanghai yesterday, expecting in Brisbane on 26-28 of Feb, and in Port Kembla on 1-4 March. Cars for VIC, NSW and SA would be unloaded here, and moved by trailers to final destinations. As I understand, that takes additional 3-7 days. Not sure about other states.
7) Cars for AU are loaded in Shanghai port (not Luchao) at this terminal Shanghai · Shanghai, China
You can track which ships are moored in several apps/sites - MarineTraffic, FleetMon etc. Basically, all of those apps have free accounts that provide you limited information, but combination of that could be useful. Best chance to guess which ship will head to AU is to check last visited ports of the ship - vesselfinder.net provides that information. When ship is not covered by terrestrial AIS (i.e. is in open sea), those services prefer not to show position for free, but looks like ShipFix (MORNING CLARA – Vehicles Carrier, IMO 9460887, Flag Singapore) shows you pretty recent position (if not, try to open in incognito browser window). MarineTraffic app allows you to set up a few notifications for free when ship is leaving/arriving/changing destination etc.
When ETA of the ship is 5-10 days, it should appear on arrival page of port authorities:
Brisbane: Public Pages - go to "Ship Movements", press "query", select needed dates and "Max"
Port Kembla: Daily Vessel Movements
8) You would get SMS with 3 proposed dates to pick up the car week in advance. You would need to have your payment cleared prior to pick up. You can pay by transferring the money to Citibank account. Account details are mentioned on your reservation page, do NOT use any other details sent in emails/sms - that could be scam. Account number should be the same as your reservation number. Do not forget to add reference "RNxxx..." to your transfer. Yes, you can do multiple partial transfers. Transfers would appear on your reservation page in breakdown of the costs 0-2 business days after payment.
9) (I haven't got to this stage, so could be lots of errors here) When accepting delivery, you would be asked to sign documents first - sounds dodgy, but looks like common practice. To do thorough check, download tesla delivery checklist
That’s some good work on your part to put this together! and I can see you are passionate enough to do this by yourself but then there are others who are happy to pay for this info to be readily consumed and a little more 😊

I never thought id sub to the Veda service but decided to due to 0 SA communication
worth it? yeah it has been for me personally, am I going to track my car myself? no, can I outsource that and get personalised tracking, yes

if you want to simplify it down think about next time you do online shopping and have to pay extra for tracking, thats essentially what you are doing
ill pay the $30 over two months, it'll be the cheapest "accessory" I get for the car but thats me personally

I think veda themselves has advised that if all you care about is tracking your vehicle then it wouldn't be worth it till you have a VIN (can't track what doesn't exist)

that said its prob best to redirect this thread back towards its intended purpose rather then what now looks like a Veda commercial 😅

to that end, I emailed my SA last week pushing for a final invoice so I could prepare my funds etc
they called me like 5 days later while I was busy at work so missed the call, then emailed saying I wouldn't get my invoice till 10 days before delivery.... I'd received my invoice hours after sending my email
so your SA mileage may vary

Reactions: Chuq and Vedaprime

Been very happy with Lord Veda. The service is reasonably priced and is good value.

I think the point about not giving out info when asked is misrepresented... It's not that that people don't want to share, but rather if you receive info in confidence, it shouldn't be shared . You can call it Veda commercial or whatever... I'd argue it's not ethical to share that on a public forum ... 🤷‍♂️
Some people pay to have their lawns mowed. Up to the individual.
What he said... Everyone's got a choice to spend their 15$ .. either on a burger or ...
that said its prob best to redirect this thread back towards its intended purpose rather then what now looks like a Veda commercial 😅
Back to the wait game 🙏

Yep, information that is provided there could be superior, but hey, we are on a free forum sharing free information, why that could not be a good alternative to paid service?
The thing is, it is not one piece of information from one source. It is multiple pieces of information from multiple sources. Some of the sources are also paid subscriptions. If you just share information that is freely available on the internet, then yes, you can share it and it can be shared by others.

What Vedaprime does is, he takes the information and he then creates new information that is not freely available.

Of course, you can track a ship. You can share where a ship is and what it does. But the knowledge of which ship to track is elaborated by Vedaprime in his subscription-based service.

Veda has the absolute right to protect this information. It is his. He can set the rules to participate, and he can decide which of this information can be shared.

After all the Source code for your OS is just a collection of 1's and 0's. You can take an empty script and type in 1's and 0's as you like. But if you copy a combination that was previously developed by someone else, you have to pay to use it. That's a basic principle that applies to Veda.

If Veda could not protect this interest. He would just not do the service anymore. Why should he pay for his subscriptions to get info, and why should he spend hours to analyse the date, if the info can be shared here for free immediately after he has released the info in his service. The short answer is, he has no incentive and he would not do it. And then nobody would have the info unless someone else does the work.

I guess there is a very basic misunderstanding here, what is free and what is not.

5) People with ED dates in Feb (and build dates in 2nd week of Jan) had their cars on Morning Midas and Morning Crystal. Both are already unloaded in Port Kembla, some people got their cars delivered already, some would get delivery next week or two.
6) People with ED dates in March (and build dates in 2nd week of Feb) have their cars on Morning Clara ship that left Shanghai yesterday, expecting in Brisbane on 26-28 of Feb, and in Port Kembla on 1-4 March. Cars for VIC, NSW and SA would be unloaded here, and moved by trailers to final destinations. As I understand, that takes additional 3-7 days. Not sure about other states.
This is something you only know because Veda has figured it out based on long experience and a lot of work. Yes, the Info was leaked, and that was likely from someone who subscribed and leaked it here. But t that does not change the fact that this info was never anywhere expressed before Veda has released the info on his channel. While that happens every now and then, it does not mean Vedas service is not necessary. It only means that if it happens too often and he can't protect his interest, he will at some point stop providing the service. Nothing can be leaked then, this forum has no Info in the end.

See the subscription as payment for good service, and as an investment to sustain the services for future tesla buyers, just as past tesla buyers have paid and contributed to the fact that the service exists today.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chuq
I guess there is a very basic misunderstanding here, what is free and what is not.
do you really think I said "go steal information from Vedaprime"? I never said that.

C'mon, just answering "buy Vedaprime subscription" to every logistic question, wnen most of the questions could be answered with 1-page FAQ with last point "if you still think you need more answers re logistics - you can try to get them with Vedaprime paid subscription", is not really ethical and fair.
And in all fairness, it's how Vedaprime is seeing it too, I reckon - he/she answers simple questions here, without moving all discussion to discord.